• Oct 8th, 2020 3:47 am
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 20, 2010
191 posts
220 upvotes
Hamilton

Townwood homes

Anyone have experience with Townwood homes? They have a new division in Brampton that looks good.
7 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17408 posts
4206 upvotes
Toronto
Builder is good, and better than average. Are you referring to Mt Pleasant?
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
[OP]
Sep 20, 2010
191 posts
220 upvotes
Hamilton
deal_with_singh wrote: Builder is good, and better than average. Are you referring to Mt Pleasant?
Yes the one in mount pleasant. I think they are already selling out though.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17408 posts
4206 upvotes
Toronto
kobe360 wrote: Yes the one in mount pleasant. I think they are already selling out though.
Yes I believe they have already sold out - Mt Pleasant and Gore Rd areas are both high in demand areas of Brampton. Need to act quick!
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
Jan 21, 2017
794 posts
250 upvotes
this info is from back in the day (7-8 years ago?). really good builder, the build quality is significantly better than some of the other builders in the same subdivision. however, with the construction boom and lack of skilled labour, I am not sure what their quality is like today.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2004
1459 posts
497 upvotes
I was at the sales centre today for that project. They're still selling but the online appointments all got filled up. I managed to get in because they had some cancellations and no-shows. There is really strong demand though. Rosehaven had much less inventory.
  • Towns from 1,355 sq ft starting at $740K
  • Detached 38' 2,165 sq ft starting at $1.13M
  • Detached 41' 2,745 sq ft starting at $1.245M
  • Detached 45' 3,070 sq ft starting at $1.3M

I've not bought from Townwood but have bought from Rosehaven in Niagara, they were decent.
Heatware: 9-0-0
Realtor @ Royal LePage Ignite Realty
May 4, 2006
514 posts
223 upvotes
Mississauga
My parents have a home from townwood they purchased around 14 years ago, from the homes i have seen these days, they are a good builder. Great Gulf is another good builder from what i have seen, dont have any statistics but just first hand experience.
Nov 11, 2018
20 posts
9 upvotes
Recently moved into a new townhouse from Townwood. Great build, and exceptional quality+value for what was received.

They even provided an a/c unit (first time homeowner, and apparently this isn't the norm). Figured we would have had to upgrade the furnace and a/c but the one provided is well above the standard.

We assumed the worst regarding noise levels and was exactly the opposite. Other than the occasional running and faint up/down the stairs sound, it was an honest relief. I actually have a harder time dealing with my son and explaining to him the sound is coming from the neighbor's house when he asks "who's that".

Hope this helps!