• Aug 18th, 2017 5:30 pm
[OP]
Feb 12, 2008
161 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto

Toyota Camry - change in vibrations

Hi,

Of late when I drive my Camry, I am notice a difference in the vibrations. Passengers in the car don't seem to notice a difference but I feel it.

Also the car seems to be pulling to the left side slowly when I leave the steering.

I am going to get it checked out but want to be knowledgeable about the situation a bit before I go in. What should I expect?

Thanks.
---------------------------------
Almost all problems in our lives can be traced back to a lack of knowledge.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2017
1176 posts
1019 upvotes
Could be warped / damaged tire. Happened to me awhile back with the car I had. The tire was just warped somehow.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
8059 posts
4455 upvotes
Alberta
Could be a lot of things, out of alignment, out of balance tires, worn strut, worn tie rod etc. Only way to find out is to take it in, why bother guessing.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
355 upvotes
musicgold wrote: Hi,

Of late when I drive my Camry, I am notice a difference in the vibrations. Passengers in the car don't seem to notice a difference but I feel it.

Also the car seems to be pulling to the left side slowly when I leave the steering.

I am going to get it checked out but want to be knowledgeable about the situation a bit before I go in. What should I expect?

Thanks.
Your description doesn't really give much hints.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1316 posts
1168 upvotes
Toronto
On pure speculation, with no clues given, I say definitely tires.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15085 posts
16040 upvotes
Oakville
jackrabbit000 wrote: Could be a lot of things, out of alignment, out of balance tires, worn strut, worn tie rod etc. Only way to find out is to take it in, why bother guessing.
+1, could be a tons of stuff.

OP, try to take note of when it sounds louder.
Does it change with speed? When turning? When braking?
What year is the car and how many kms?
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15266 posts
12672 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Car got a OTA firmware update. Toyota pushed this update to keep drivers alert behind the wheel as a lot of drivers fall asleep while driving camrys.
May 21, 2008
4 posts
I had that happened once on the passenger side. They replaced the passenger mirror. All good now
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
35556 posts
9584 upvotes
Ottawa
Tire pressures up to spec on right and left side?
Pulls to the left when on right side of the road? May be the curve of the road? Try going on a 4 lane highway and check if the pull changes in the right or left lane.
If you feel vibration while driving, normally, if it vibrates on the steering wheel, it is a front end problem, feel it in the pedal while braking normally indicates a problem with rotors, feel it in the steering wheel when lightly touching the brakes could be either brakes or suspension part,
If you feel vibration in the seat general it points to a problem in the back part of the car.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
[OP]
Feb 12, 2008
161 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks folks. A bad tire was the issue.

I had my tires replaced from the Tires 23 on Matheson. Very professional and reasonable.
Also got my wheels balanced at Altech in Etobicoke. Good service.
---------------------------------
Almost all problems in our lives can be traced back to a lack of knowledge.