• Oct 29th, 2019 9:44 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
1246 posts
1333 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Toyota Camry Mechanical Review: Old vs New

Here's a video comparison of the mechanicals of the new 8th generation vs the old 5th generation Camry:

Here's a glance under the engine bay of the new Camry.

Here's what the underbody looks like when the plastic panel is removed:

The power steering motor is mounted on the rack:

Its even got a built in air guide for cooling from underneath:

This is where I think the new Camry isn't far from offering AWD. There's a huge space where the transfer case could sit, right where the passenger CV shaft exists the transmission housing:

The exhaust is routed in the center tunnel such that there's almost enough room for a driveshaft going down to the rear:

The front suspension is typical McPherson Strut:

The rear is the new multi-link:
Which one do you guys prefer, the old or the new?
_______
Speedkar99 | YouTube
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
3818 posts
2308 upvotes
Ontario
Turkey roaster heat shields again - will give the service techs something to do because they constantly lose their fixings due to corrosion of aluminum.
"Never wrestle with a pig. You'll both get dirty, and the pig likes it"
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2005
5437 posts
2996 upvotes
Toronto
Up voted just because of the toothbrush.

Quick question, did the head snap off due to brushing or did you snap it off to use as a pointer?

I want to start a go fund me page for a pointer but I don’t know if the videos will be the same without a toothbrush.
:arrowd: B/S/T Threads :arrowd:
[FS] N/A
[WTB] N/A
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
1246 posts
1333 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CuriousJack wrote: Upvote for OP
BeaverLiquor wrote: Up voted just because of the toothbrush.

Quick question, did the head snap off due to brushing or did you snap it off to use as a pointer?

I want to start a go fund me page for a pointer but I don’t know if the videos will be the same without a toothbrush.
Thanks guys.
When the brush part isn't needed in the video, I'll use the pointy tip toothbrush. That in itself is another handy too to have around too.
Martin (deal addict) wrote: Turkey roaster heat shields again - will give the service techs something to do because they constantly lose their fixings due to corrosion of aluminum.
Ah true...they are almost at pop-can thickness. When they start rattling in 10 years it'll drive people crazy.
_______
Speedkar99 | YouTube