• Feb 27th, 2018 11:49 pm
[OP]
Sep 13, 2007
533 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto

Toyota Corolla Cash Incentive

The toyota corolla cash incentive has $1250 for the corolla CE CVT AT

is the $1250 supplied by the manufacturer or they ask the dealer to chip in here too?

Thanks,
18 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2011
1768 posts
1661 upvotes
Toronto
It’s a manufacturer rebate, doesn’t have anything to do with the dealers.

Just FYI the CE is missing a few “key” features .. namely it doesn’t have remote keyless entry (you just get a key, no fob).
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22126 posts
2800 upvotes
Don't buy that outdated car.....
[OP]
Sep 13, 2007
533 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto
xjesterxx wrote: It’s a manufacturer rebate, doesn’t have anything to do with the dealers.

Just FYI the CE is missing a few “key” features .. namely it doesn’t have remote keyless entry (you just get a key, no fob).
oh really, damn then i got ripped off.....i got no discount off the manufacturer rebate...i screwed up
[OP]
Sep 13, 2007
533 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto
Pay internet price (no additional upkeep charges) minus the Stackable Cash Offer $1250
Total before trade in is : 24857 - 1250 (stackable cash offer) = $23607

Trade-in value - 3800 before taxes applied

Canadian Blackbook value is 3500 high end, while autotrader market value trade in is $4200. Lots and lots of highway KMs on the car. Comparable car but with leather trim is listed at $7400 on autotrader although no buyers.

Did I mess up my negotiations on trade in and car price for Corolla? Did I leave a lot of money on table
Jun 20, 2015
647 posts
174 upvotes
Place
didn't I just saw almost the same thread made by you? just wondering
Good luck!
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
14218 posts
8308 upvotes
Toronto
noobienoob wrote: how much money did I lost?
$23,607

enjoy your new car
Last edited by Swerny on Feb 25th, 2018 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22126 posts
2800 upvotes
noobienoob wrote: how much money did I lost?
Don't worry about it.. The Corolla holds its resale value well and it's a reliable car.

Enjoy it :)
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2011
1768 posts
1661 upvotes
Toronto
noobienoob wrote: oh really, damn then i got ripped off.....i got no discount off the manufacturer rebate...i screwed up
Eh I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about it - it's the entry level Corolla and doesn't have too much markup anyway.
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8552 posts
2325 upvotes
Mississauga
noobienoob wrote: Pay internet price (no additional upkeep charges) minus the Stackable Cash Offer $1250
Total before trade in is : 24857 - 1250 (stackable cash offer) = $23607

Trade-in value - 3800 before taxes applied

Canadian Blackbook value is 3500 high end, while autotrader market value trade in is $4200. Lots and lots of highway KMs on the car. Comparable car but with leather trim is listed at $7400 on autotrader although no buyers.

Did I mess up my negotiations on trade in and car price for Corolla? Did I leave a lot of money on table
The worst thing to do after buying a car is asking here if you got a great deal. Its like shutting the gate after the horse has left.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20803 posts
4922 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Congrats on your new Corolla. You may have a bit more than expected, but you will gain it back as the Corolla is a very reliable car. Expect minimal costs in maintaining it.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
[OP]
Sep 13, 2007
533 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto
Appreciate the RFD support.

I'm initially upset, because i felt I may had been too impulsive and pushed for a bad deal.

I managed to "negotiate down" by 2k, but ultimately i felt i could had really saved about 400-1k more on the deal.

If I had managed to get the autotrade calculated trade-in value of $4200 and get price at 4% above dealer's invoice price then, then i left about $400-1k, which kinda irks me.

Judging from the seller's reaction, there was prolly another 300 the dealership itself would had offered, and maybe 500-1k more if I did shop around.

I didn't do too bad but i'm trying to move forward.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
16416 posts
14528 upvotes
Richmond Hill
noobienoob wrote: Appreciate the RFD support.

I'm initially upset, because i felt I may had been too impulsive and pushed for a bad deal.

I managed to "negotiate down" by 2k, but ultimately i felt i could had really saved about 400-1k more on the deal.

If I had managed to get the autotrade calculated trade-in value of $4200 and get price at 4% above dealer's invoice price then, then i left about $400-1k, which kinda irks me.

Judging from the seller's reaction, there was prolly another 300 the dealership itself would had offered, and maybe 500-1k more if I did shop around.

I didn't do too bad but i'm trying to move forward.
Online tradein calculators are not indicative of what you will receive from the dealer. It's just a guideline, after all the dealer is there to make money and needs to make money on your trade as well. It comes down to whether it was a fair deal or not and if you didn't you should have walked.
[OP]
Sep 13, 2007
533 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto
i see what you mean....i think at 3811 trade-in, i'm getting 4300 after tax, which isn't too bad for the same car listed at 7400 or another at 8400 on autotrader.

I love my old car, had no major repairs, and good body and had every intention of running the car to the ground. But based on feedback from other owners, and my dad/mechanic, i realized i wasn't mechanically inclined to deal with it should anything came up.

i always had baby the gas pedal, gave it ample time to warm up, and changed engine oil regularly so the car was running well but it was time to pass the car along to someone else who maybe better able to take care of it, and have a new car....so i think the trade-in value fairly reflected the potential profits versus potential risks involved

As for the price of the corolla before trade-in, I did ok. At least i didn't get any fees tacked on and got the $cash incentive offered by Toyota, SO I DID OK consider the dealership has a big overheard operating costs.

Overall, i'm pretty ready to move forward in the journey within toyota nation.