Automotive

Which Toyota and Honda was/is manufactured in Japan (2014-2019)PS poll added

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2018 3:48 pm

Poll: Would you prefer your Honda/Toyota Made in Japan or Made in China/Mexico?

• Total votes: 64. You have voted on this poll.
Yes I would prefer Made in Japan Honda/Toyota

88%
No I prefer Made in China/Mexico Honda/Toyota

13%
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1011 upvotes
Saskatoon

Which Toyota and Honda was/is manufactured in Japan (2014-2019)PS poll added

In my opinion Honda and Toyota only worth considering if manufactured in Japan for Canadian market,otherwise it is no better Ford or Chevrolet(I.e can’t justify paying the premium unless made in Japan).
Any one has link to website where I could verify that information?
Thanks
Last edited by ukrainiandude on Sep 27th, 2018 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
No need to type thank you; upvote=thanks.
Buffett, investors are focusing “not on what an asset will produce but rather on what the next fellow will pay for it.”

“Because gold is honest money it is disliked by dishonest men.” – R. Paul
78 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
21783 posts
4903 upvotes
Toronto
The Rav4, Corolla, Civic, CR-V, and Lexus RX are all built here and they consistently rank among the most reliable vehicles on the road. Why do you think they aren't, and that cars are only reliable if built in Japan?
Nov 15, 2017
846 posts
643 upvotes
Some cars are built in Japan, but they rust in Canada.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4867 posts
2067 upvotes
Edmonton
Why is the OP so lazy.

Look at the vehicles your interested in, the look at the VIN. Will tell you in the first second
warming up the earth 1 gas fill-up at a time...
You only live once, get a v8
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1011 upvotes
Saskatoon
ukrainiandude wrote: In my opinion Honda and Toyota only worth considering if manufactured in Japan for Canadian market,otherwise it is no better Ford or Chevrolet(I.e can’t justify paying the premium unless made in Japan).
Thanks
Piro21 wrote: The Rav4, Corolla, Civic, CR-V, and Lexus RX are all built here and they consistently rank among the most reliable vehicles on the road. Why do you think they aren't, and that cars are only reliable if built in Japan?
This is the mentality type of thing, Japanese (also I think Germans) take pride in what they do, that’s why made in Japan/Germany cars are the best value.
Other cultures simply want their paycheque.
@@@
Rumour has it that Chinese use different metal sheets for made in China Honda Fit, and/or perhaps corrosion protection
Users on some forums claim that made in China Honda rust faster.

@@@@
I only agree to premium for made in Japan Honda or Toyota.
Made in China, Mexico Honda is dead to me.
Buffett, investors are focusing “not on what an asset will produce but rather on what the next fellow will pay for it.”

Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41788 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
ukrainiandude wrote: In my opinion Honda and Toyota only worth considering if manufactured in Japan for Canadian market,otherwise it is no better Ford or Chevrolet(I.e can’t justify paying the premium unless made in Japan).
Thanks
Step up your game brah and get a Subaru.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1011 upvotes
Saskatoon
If people want to spend their money and pay premium on Mexico or China made Honda. I have no problem with that.
For myself I prefer Made in Japan, Honda, Toyota.
I simply asked for the list or website.
No need to get angry and down vote the thread.

Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2004
12887 posts
13083 upvotes
Lol, you are as smart as Donald Trump.

World trade doesn't make a difference where a car is made any more.

Even Japanese made car will have components from China. And I wonder who screwed up on airbags lately. Name escape me for the moment.....

If you want a purity, go spend $160K on a Lexus LS.

Also Japanese work ethic is not what it used to be as worker loyalty are no longer rewarded like they were in 80s and 90s.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1011 upvotes
Saskatoon
Xtrema wrote: Lol, you are as smart as Donald Trump.

Even Japanese made car will have components from China. And I wonder who screwed up on airbags lately. Name escape me for the moment.....

Also Japanese work ethic is not what it used to be as worker loyalty are no longer rewarded like they were in 80s and 90s.
It doesn’t matter,I prefer my Honda Toyota to be Made in Japan.
You might be happy with made in China Honda
People are different.

Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3446 posts
2198 upvotes
While I personally had a Chinese made Fit for 8 months, and don't really get too bothered about where things are made, I would hazard a guess that majority of the people even on this forum, would chose a car made in Japan over one in Mexico if that choice existed on the same make and model they are shopping.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
@nasa25 another contender for fail of the year?
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
3132 posts
1307 upvotes
BBZero wrote: Some cars are built in Japan, but they rust in Canada.
Reminds me (some) Mazda.
Mar 7, 2017
808 posts
451 upvotes
Ham, ON
Xtrema wrote: Lol, you are as smart as Donald Trump.

Seems you may be ill informed on the quality differences of products made in Japan (Ave IQ of 105), vs Mexico (Ave IQ 87).
I was recently about to purchase a 2018 Mazda 3 GT, and began doing my research on their recalls, problems, TSB's etc, and there were 4 applicable recalls out on the vehicle I was looking for, however they were all for the Mexico VIN vehicles.

This topic has been discussed to death online. Some people don't care where their car comes from, all the power to them, and others do care. Parts manufacturers and suppliers for these vehicles are not the same, and there is no way to achieve completely uniform quality control between these very different regions regarding quality of materials and labour.

You have no right to be mad with how other people choose to spend their hard earned money, especially since there is just reasoning here as well.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Doesn't matter if it's made in the old country or here

Post 2000 designed Honda and Acura = trash.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
3132 posts
1307 upvotes
ukrainiandude wrote: This is the mentality type of thing, Japanese (also I think Germans) take pride in what they do, that’s why made in Japan/Germany cars are the best value.
Other cultures simply want their paycheque.
@@@
Rumour has it that Chinese use different metal sheets for made in China Honda Fit, and/or perhaps corrosion protection
Users on some forums claim that made in China Honda rust faster.

@@@@
I only agree to premium for made in Japan Honda or Toyota.
Made in China, Mexico Honda is dead to me.
"German" vehicles are made in America too, many pricey ones, it's economics.

It's said Merc plans to import (some) GLC from India.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1011 upvotes
Saskatoon
DealFixation wrote: Seems you may be ill informed on the quality differences of products made in Japan (Ave IQ of 105), vs Mexico (Ave IQ 87).
I was recently about to purchase a 2018 Mazda 3 GT, and began doing my research on their recalls, problems, TSB's etc, and there were 4 applicable recalls out on the vehicle I was looking for, however they were all for the Mexico VIN vehicles.

This topic has been discussed to death online. Some people don't care where their car comes from, all the power to them, and others do care. Parts manufacturers and suppliers for these vehicles are not the same, and there is no way to achieve completely uniform quality control between these very different regions regarding quality of materials and labour.

You have no right to be mad with how other people choose to spend their hard earned money, especially since there is just reasoning here as well.
Excellent response.
And based on current poll results 8 people want Made in Japan Honda Toyota,
4 prefer Made in China Mexico

May 17, 2008
380 posts
318 upvotes
Toronto
None of the Honda branded cars here came from Japan.

Toyota 86 and Prius are made in Japan IIRC.

Feel free to add if I miss any.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1011 upvotes
Saskatoon
MSZsama wrote: None of the Honda branded cars here came from Japan.

Toyota 86 and Prius are made in Japan IIRC.

Feel free to add if I miss any.
Honda Fit 2009-2010(11) was Made in Japan

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)