[Toys R Us] NES Classic and SNES Classic

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2018 9:19 am
[OP]
Dec 22, 2017
2 posts
16 upvotes

[Toys R Us] NES Classic and SNES Classic

Just came back from Toys R Us at Yonge and Eglinton in Toronto.

They have in stock the NES Classic and SNES Classic for sale. Looked to have several of each in stock with more in the back.
7 replies
Nov 10, 2012
870 posts
352 upvotes
Calgary
Toys R Us in south Calgary had quite a few of the NES systems in stock a couple hours ago. None of the extra controllers though.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
6772 posts
2164 upvotes
GVR
#ThreadFailure #Priceless
Mar 15, 2015
21 posts
10 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
jarfgames wrote:
Jun 29th, 2018 10:35 pm
Toys R Us in south Calgary had quite a few of the NES systems in stock a couple hours ago. None of the extra controllers though.
You can use the SNES classic controllers on the NES classic and save a few bucks.
Nov 10, 2012
870 posts
352 upvotes
Calgary
lazyguy wrote:
Jun 29th, 2018 10:44 pm
You can use the SNES classic controllers on the NES classic and save a few bucks.
That was definitely my backup plan if I couldn’t find a second controller. But after going through the effort to get the “real” system, I feel it would be a bit sacrilegious to use a SNES controller to play Super Mario 1. Plus the cost of the second controller was minimal ($13) that it was worthwhile if I could locate one.

Now I just need ebgames to ship my NES system... thought about buying one at Toys R Us but didn’t want to go through the hassle of returning/cancelling the ebgames one.
Mar 15, 2015
21 posts
10 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
When I ordered my system at Best Buy online, the controller was out of stock. When controller was back in stock, the cost of only the controller at $13 required me to pay for the $4.99 shipping with no option for in store pick up.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
2636 posts
2112 upvotes
Ottawa
lazyguy wrote:
Jun 30th, 2018 8:21 am
When I ordered my system at Best Buy online, the controller was out of stock. When controller was back in stock, the cost of only the controller at $13 required me to pay for the $4.99 shipping with no option for in store pick up.
$20+ of filler or a preorder for a game you may be interested in and you get free shipping.

If you really want to be a mook, call them a little while after the controller is shipped and have them cancel the preorder.
Mar 15, 2015
21 posts
10 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Batarang wrote:
Jul 1st, 2018 6:46 am
$20+ of filler or a preorder for a game you may be interested in and you get free shipping.

If you really want to be a mook, call them a little while after the controller is shipped and have them cancel the preorder.
Would Best Buy opt to refund the shipping cost in this case? I’d imagine if enough people take advantage of this loophole, Best Buy would eventually disallow cancellations once orders have shipped.