Tags:
None
[OP]
May 30, 2019
190 posts
299 upvotes

[Toys R Us] [Playmobil] - Back to the Future Advent Calendar - $39.94

Save the clock tower!

Just finished my Xmas shopping with this toy. On the playmobil website and mastermindtoys website it's listed as $59.99 but toys r us has it for $39.94 - unexpected 30% off. Sucks that it's not eligible for free shipping (ends in .94) though.

Playmobil website - https://www.playmobil.ca/en/back-to-the ... 70574.html

Mastermindtoys website - https://www.mastermindtoys.com/products ... the-future

Probably a niche market but enjoy y'all!
13 replies
Nov 11, 2010
114 posts
108 upvotes
GTA/Niagara
Easily one of my favorite purchases of this year, the attention to detail is fantastic, totally worth it even at full price if youre a fan of the movie
Sep 2, 2005
759 posts
361 upvotes
Toronto
The_Capn wrote: Easily one of my favorite purchases of this year, the attention to detail is fantastic, totally worth it even at full price if youre a fan of the movie
You’re right. At first I thought the box was wrong stating that “Twin Pines” Mall was in 1985, but then looked at the time... as it shows 1:16am prior to Marty’s time travel.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
2785 posts
509 upvotes
Toronto
Whoa, this is heavy!

Is this marketed towards kids or boomers?
[OP]
May 30, 2019
190 posts
299 upvotes
pipolchap wrote: Whoa, this is heavy!

Is this marketed towards kids or boomers?
I'm in between that and i can definitely tell my wife that this was for my kid.... :)

1.21 gigawatts!
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2010
1152 posts
1092 upvotes
Toronto
This Playmobil set is so cool Smiling Face With Sunglasses, I also want the Delorean.

For Back to the Future fans, there’s a recently released co-op board game where your goal is to help Marty get his parents together in time to go back to the future. It’s pretty sweet, well thought out and incorporates tons of Back to the Future opportunities, item, trouble cards. Very nostalgic. Games $30 at 401games.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/302 ... -back-time
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
2785 posts
509 upvotes
Toronto
jillaryit wrote: ... help Marty get his parents together in time to go back to the future.
Doc, are you trying to tell me that my mother has got the hots for me?
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2009
1075 posts
345 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought the delotian from Walmart for $50 a couple of weeks ago. This set is great. Blows the lego sets away for detail. The Ghostbusters playmobil looks awesome too. A little large for my smallish place though.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2003
4121 posts
399 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks op I ordered with the free door dash delivery promotion by entering doordash in promo code box
Nov 18, 2005
171 posts
167 upvotes
Thanks for posting this. Grabbed one today.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2006
1781 posts
240 upvotes
Burlington
Tell me one small child that would want this....

That being said, I'm 40 and I want it :-P
Mar 30, 2019
58 posts
58 upvotes
This is a fantastic price for an even better product. The care and detail is amazing. The cardboard clock tower is naturally a little flimsy but it's such great merch for a beloved movie. Lots of kids get introduced to Back to the Future and love it (film). Put some old fashioned, analog toys in their hands.
[OP]
May 30, 2019
190 posts
299 upvotes
GeraldoRei wrote: This is a fantastic price for an even better product. The care and detail is amazing. The cardboard clock tower is naturally a little flimsy but it's such great merch for a beloved movie. Lots of kids get introduced to Back to the Future and love it (film). Put some old fashioned, analog toys in their hands.
I didn't pick it up yet but this is heavy doc....