Expired Hot Deals

[Toys R Us] Toys R Us - Family & Friends Sale - Nov. 15-20 (Extended!) WORKS ONLINE!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2019 9:56 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
3365 posts
1024 upvotes
Ajax

[Toys R Us] Toys R Us - Family & Friends Sale - Nov. 15-20 (Extended!) WORKS ONLINE!

Just got a verbal confirmation at my local ToysRUs that their annual Friends and Family Sale will be taking place on November 17 & 18 this year. Sounds like the usual 15% off the lowest price. You might need to be an R Club member so sign up now if you haven't already.

I have found in the past 3 years, the pricing during this sale pretty much holds up right through to Boxing Day. There are a couple of exceptions. We all know Toys R Us are more expensive than the competition any day of the week. If you can get the additional discount on items already on sale (read usually regular price at Walmart, Amazon, etc.) then it is worth your time. There have also been instances where video games and hardware have slipped through the exception for his sale. Good for Nintendo product.

November 18th update: Sale has been extended through November 20th. It also includes a number of clearance items but may be YMMV by location.

November 19th update: many people are getting the code to work online and for many items in the exclusions. e.g. video games and hardware
Last edited by mrtvgame on Nov 19th, 2019 10:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
143 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1198 posts
283 upvotes
Winnipeg
So does the 15% pertain to all items in store, reason why Is I recently purchased a transformer a week ago and am thinking of getting the price reduction refund.
I wonder if TRU still honors this, can anyone help?🤷‍♂️Person Bowing Deeply‍♂️
Le_arned to Churn now I use it as my hanrness.
Buy low sell high, always make a way to get what you want!💪😁👌
Temp. Banned
Jul 23, 2007
2420 posts
1165 upvotes
Vancouver
I would call all my friends and am family memder to visit this event thanks
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2012
2313 posts
1972 upvotes
UntdProvncsOfCanada
actually, its Nov 15 -17

Offer valid 15/11/19 to 17/11/19
Must present this Email in-store at the time of purchase to receive discount. Limit 1 coupon per person.
*Minimum purchase must be $50 or more before taxes at any Toys“R”Us/Babies“R”Us store. Valid on regular priced and sale items. Not combinable with any other coupon offer. Excludes items ending in .94, clearance, video games and video game hardware, Disney Frozen Ultimate Arendelle Castle Playset, L.O.L. Surprise! Amazing Surprise, L.O.L Surprise! 2-in-1 Glamper, L.O.L. Surprise! Winter Disco Chalet Doll House, L.O.L. Surprise! O.M.G. Dolls, Peg-Perego, Thule, Nuna, Halo, Baby Jogger, Maxi-Cosi, Quinny, Diono, Britax, Owlet, Nanit, Graco 4Ever All-in-One Car Seats, BOB, gift cards, digital downloads, pre-paid cards, pre-orders, special orders and Buyer Protection Plan. Offer not applicable on previous purchases. In compliance with government regulation, tax(es) applicable on price after coupon savings.
Last edited by kilobomb on Nov 15th, 2019 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
..your thread could use a photo...
:arrow: Fight Spam in Canada! 💡
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
12504 posts
23406 upvotes
Scarborough
kilobomb wrote:
Nov 15th, 2019 9:01 am
actually, its Nov 15 -17
I just got the email too. Wish it were online too but I’ll still stop by sometime this weekend to check it out.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
3365 posts
1024 upvotes
Ajax
I am thinking they have learned from past years a couple of things:

1. Have it over the entire weekend as opposed to Sunday night only from 6 pm - 11 pm.

2. Not to include online because they have issues with their system where items that should not be included end up being included. (e.g. videogames, hardware, etc.) And to force people to buy the in store stock instead of depleting the warehouse AND giving free shipping.

So again to reiterate, if the item(s) you are buying are already on sale and now you will get an extra 15% off, you are good. If the item(s) are regular price, in most cases the item is already cheaper at Walmart or Amazon. Do your research before heading out.
Sep 23, 2010
321 posts
456 upvotes
T Dot
surprisingly does NOT exclude lego.
If true $135 off MF UCS is not bad, only $15 more than the costco MC deal that sold out a few weeks ago.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2003
1441 posts
4521 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks op. I guess between the Indigo 30% event, the Mastermind 20% and TrU 15% I can be done with Christmas toy shopping this weekend.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
3365 posts
1024 upvotes
Ajax
gregv wrote:
Nov 15th, 2019 10:12 am
Thanks op. I guess between the Indigo 30% event, the Mastermind 20% and TrU 15% I can be done with Christmas toy shopping this weekend.
Yes, and you will probably find the sales pricing you got will hold right through to Xmas. Exception might be an odd item here and there during Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales.

The challenge now is hiding everything from the little ones. lol
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2009
1625 posts
178 upvotes
Kids wanted some beyblades. Can I just print the picture in post #5 or do I need to physically show the email from my phone ?
Apr 26, 2010
19 posts
mrtvgame wrote:
Nov 1st, 2019 1:09 pm
There have also been instances where video games and hardware have slipped through the exception for his sale. Good for Nintendo product.
I also received the email this morning. They mention videogames and videogames hardware in the exclusion. I will still try it on a Nintendo Switch Lite Zacian & Zamazenta Pokemon, since I can't find it at SDM! But I won't be able to go in store before tonight. I know it worked in the past, well online anyway.
Dec 12, 2005
441 posts
51 upvotes
Richmond
Keep in mind, minimum $50 before taxes to use this deal.
Oct 3, 2005
356 posts
100 upvotes
aquaman123 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2019 9:57 am
surprisingly does NOT exclude lego.
If true $135 off MF UCS is not bad, only $15 more than the costco MC deal that sold out a few weeks ago.
It doesn't exclude LEGO, but it excludes items ending in .94, which the UCS MF does ($899.94).
Oct 18, 2015
211 posts
113 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Is the code generic? I can't find my e-mail even though I'm in R Club.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)