Expired Hot Deals

[Toys R Us] Toysrus munchkins diaper pail refill 29.99 pack of 8

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2020 10:28 am
May 22, 2007
217 posts
187 upvotes
We never went back to the Diaper Genie brand after getting these. I can also confirm they fit the Diaper Genie Elite.
Oct 6, 2018
298 posts
341 upvotes
The Amazon reviews say the bag isn't packed properly into the ring and it's hard to put it back once it unfolds. Anyone had this issue?

Also do these have the black lines to indicate that the bag needs to be replaced soon (like the branded ones)?
Jan 4, 2007
7 posts
14 upvotes
Chipppy wrote: The Amazon reviews say the bag isn't packed properly into the ring and it's hard to put it back once it unfolds. Anyone had this issue?

Also do these have the black lines to indicate that the bag needs to be replaced soon (like the branded ones)?
The first part is true, in that I once pulled it out of the ring incorrectly at the very start, and ended up pulling almost the entire bag out before even the first use! And then at that point, it's virtually impossible to put it back in. So I ended up rolling it back up inwards and then hanging the bag out of the top of the pail, until that entire bag was finished (that bag was painful to use as you can imagine). I later found that, there's a small white tab where you can start pulling from (see the red circled area in the pic below), and by using that, then you'll definitely be ok. On occasion, I've found the tab to be sometimes buried within the bag itself, so it's not always immediately obvious that it's there, but once you find it, then you'll be ok.
Capture.JPG
And yes, I think there is a black line as you near the end. However, you'll also feel that the bag gets very loose when pulling it out of the ring, that you'll easily know that you're getting close.

I initially bought the Playtex refills as well, but then once I found these on sale @ Toys'R'Us ($25 for an 8-pack back in Jan 2018 - so I got 3. The little one just turned 2 and we've only gone through 1½ boxes thus far), I've never regretted it. The quality of the bag is virtually the same, as far as I'm concerned so I'm definitely glad I switched over.

Hope that helps.
Banned
Sep 17, 2020
4 posts
4 upvotes
MARKHAM
yup these work well with our genie as well
Oct 6, 2018
298 posts
341 upvotes
bjl1830 wrote: The first part is true, in that I once pulled it out of the ring incorrectly at the very start, and ended up pulling almost the entire bag out before even the first use! And then at that point, it's virtually impossible to put it back in. So I ended up rolling it back up inwards and then hanging the bag out of the top of the pail, until that entire bag was finished (that bag was painful to use as you can imagine). I later found that, there's a small white tab where you can start pulling from (see the red circled area in the pic below), and by using that, then you'll definitely be ok. On occasion, I've found the tab to be sometimes buried within the bag itself, so it's not always immediately obvious that it's there, but once you find it, then you'll be ok.

Capture.JPG

And yes, I think there is a black line as you near the end. However, you'll also feel that the bag gets very loose when pulling it out of the ring, that you'll easily know that you're getting close.

I initially bought the Playtex refills as well, but then once I found these on sale @ Toys'R'Us ($25 for an 8-pack back in Jan 2018 - so I got 3. The little one just turned 2 and we've only gone through 1½ boxes thus far), I've never regretted it. The quality of the bag is virtually the same, as far as I'm concerned so I'm definitely glad I switched over.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the in-depth response! The picture really helps as the reviews didn't mention the white tab. I will grab some later today.
Oct 14, 2014
14 posts
8 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Never knew about these until now. Great savings, Thank you!
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1849 posts
1521 upvotes
Toronto
kidd604 wrote: For people with Amazon Prime, there's a high chance that amazon.ca will match TRU prices in the near future: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B016D833FG/. Good option for people who want it delivered to their house for free.
There you go, they matched it!
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
3421 posts
2215 upvotes
Toronto
When we were looking at diaper pails we found the Ubbi was a better choice as it's made out of steel so you don't need the filters to absorb smells. The steel doesn't absorb any smells where the cheaper diaper pails are plastic and need the fragrance filters. And you can use any type of bags with it. It's a higher upfront cost but if you have more than 1 kid it's worth it.

Basically like the printer ink model. Cheap pails but you have to buy into the bags. Something to consider.

I use regular Costco kitchen bags with the Ubbi.
Oct 14, 2017
200 posts
62 upvotes
This one looks cool. We just might change over from the Genie. I really dislike being forced to buy a specialized bag for the unit although stocking up on the Munchkin bags when on sale helps.
redkulat wrote: When we were looking at diaper pails we found the Ubbi was a better choice as it's made out of steel so you don't need the filters to absorb smells. The steel doesn't absorb any smells where the cheaper diaper pails are plastic and need the fragrance filters. And you can use any type of bags with it. It's a higher upfront cost but if you have more than 1 kid it's worth it.

Basically like the printer ink model. Cheap pails but you have to buy into the bags. Something to consider.

I use regular Costco kitchen bags with the Ubbi.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
3421 posts
2215 upvotes
Toronto
Floger78 wrote: This one looks cool. We just might change over from the Genie. I really dislike being forced to buy a specialized bag for the unit although stocking up on the Munchkin bags when on sale helps.
Yeah it definitely saves you money in the long run!
Oct 14, 2017
200 posts
62 upvotes
And that's why we're here... Having my wife take a closer now. Thanks again.
redkulat wrote: Yeah it definitely saves you money in the long run!