Expired Hot Deals

Toys'r'us

Nintendo Switch - Super Mario Odyssey Bundle for $425 (DEAD)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2017 10:25 am
[OP]
Jul 23, 2010
417 posts
1460 upvotes
Québec

Nintendo Switch - Super Mario Odyssey Bundle for $425 (DEAD)

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
15% off
Expiry:
October 29, 2017
Retailer:
Toys'r'us
Hi everyone!

Edit: Deal is dead, Toys'r'us seems to have fixed the error, the 15% off doesn't apply to this bundle anymore

There is currently a sale at Toys'r'us where you get 15% off your entire order if you order online, but it excludes videogames and consoles.
But if you add the Nintendo Switch - Super Mario Odyssey Bundle to your cart, you will get it for 15% off anyway, or $425.
So it's probably a mistakes that Toys'r'us will fix soon.

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... cale=en_CA
It's out of stock online, so you have to it buy online and pick it up in store (assuming your store has stock like mine)

Subtotal $499.99
Customer Appreciation SAVE 15% - Oct 27th to 29th Online Only! Details -$75.00
Estimated Shipping
Estimated Total $424.99

Have a nice day!
Last edited by The Kwisatz on Oct 28th, 2017 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
68 replies
[OP]
Jul 23, 2010
417 posts
1460 upvotes
Québec
I know it's supposed to exclude video games or videogame hardware, but it's working for this bundle, at least for me.
I just picked it up at my local TRU, $488.63 after taxes (in Quebec).

Last edited by The Kwisatz on Oct 28th, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Nov 9, 2013
803 posts
865 upvotes
Barrie
Did you complete the checkout process?
Feb 22, 2012
887 posts
2984 upvotes
Canada
FWIW, The Mario Odyssey game included with this bundle is a digital download and NOT a physical cartridge (shame on Nintendo!)

I'm not saying that fact negates this deal, I am simply clarifying so everyone knows.
RFD: Pick any two.

1) In stock
2) Low Price
3) Quality Product
Nov 9, 2013
803 posts
865 upvotes
Barrie
Styleman wrote: FWIW, The Mario Odyssey game included with this bundle is a digital download and NOT a physical cartridge (shame on Nintendo!)

I'm not saying that fact negates this deal, I am simply clarifying so everyone knows.
Thanks for that heads up. Not entirely a deal breaker, I just really wish they wouldn't do that.
Jan 7, 2007
163 posts
49 upvotes
Tried it with the PSVR earlier this week, and they cancelled the order on me.
Nov 9, 2013
803 posts
865 upvotes
Barrie
Hey anyone know if Best Buy will price match a discount like this?
Mar 30, 2008
381 posts
503 upvotes
Toronto
erictho wrote: Tried it with the PSVR earlier this week, and they cancelled the order on me.
At what stage did the cancel happen? Right after you paid?
Jan 7, 2007
163 posts
49 upvotes
unimus wrote: At what stage did the cancel happen? Right after you paid?
After I paid, I didn't get the confirmation right away, so I figured something was up. I got the cancellation email days later. I ordered the camera at the same time on a separate order and that one was confirmed right away.
Mar 30, 2008
381 posts
503 upvotes
Toronto
erictho wrote: After I paid, I didn't get the confirmation right away, so I figured something was up. I got the cancellation email days later. I ordered the camera at the same time on a separate order and that one was confirmed right away.
Good to know, thanks!
Penalty Box
Aug 24, 2011
5504 posts
3699 upvotes
Toronto and London
Picked up a bundle! Now to decide on keeping digital or physical copy of SMO.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1409 posts
433 upvotes
I did the deal. Waiting for the pickup email. I just received my 50$ Odyssey preorder from Walmart so now I don't know if I should keep the digital or refund the physical.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2011
5234 posts
2608 upvotes
Grimcurse wrote: I did the deal. Waiting for the pickup email. I just received my 50$ Odyssey preorder from Walmart so now I don't know if I should keep the digital or refund the physical.
how did you get $50 SMO from walmart? price error or some deal long ago?
Penalty Box
Aug 24, 2011
5504 posts
3699 upvotes
Toronto and London
trinxified wrote: how did you get $50 SMO from walmart? price error or some deal long ago?
E3 deal for 49.99 is when I got it.
Mar 19, 2015
369 posts
501 upvotes
trinxified wrote: how did you get $50 SMO from walmart? price error or some deal long ago?
E3 preorder deal at Walmart. Was only up for an hour or two because other stores still had the preorder price for the game up for $99.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2011
5234 posts
2608 upvotes
Does anyone know how digital games work with Nintendo?

When you buy or redeem a game, does it get attached to a Nintendo account or the console itself?

That matters when you plan to sell the system or get a new one.
Jul 30, 2009
317 posts
317 upvotes
The Kwisatz wrote: Hi everyone!

There is currently a sale at Toys'r'us where you get 15% off your entire order if you order online, but it excludes videogames and consoles.
But if you add the Nintendo Switch - Super Mario Odyssey Bundle to your cart, you will get it for 15% off anyway, or $425.
So it's probably a mistakes that Toys'r'us will fix soon.

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... cale=en_CA
It's out of stock online, so you have to it buy online and pick it up in store (assuming your store has stock like mine)

Subtotal $499.99
Customer Appreciation SAVE 15% - Oct 27th to 29th Online Only! Details -$75.00
Estimated Shipping
Estimated Total $424.99

Have a nice day!
Thanks so much! If I get this I'll sell my Odyssey code for less than retail, as I already got it from Wal-Mart!
"Wow, this thread is like a pen full of donkeys and then I went to that link and it was like going into a stripper room with no strippers." Acid_
Penalty Box
Aug 24, 2011
5504 posts
3699 upvotes
Toronto and London
martin88 wrote: I think it's pre-installed, not a code. So you can't just resell the bundled game.
It's a digital code.