Parenting & Family

ToysRus Richmond Hill closed?

[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
1479 posts
148 upvotes

ToysRus Richmond Hill closed?

anyone can confirm if toysRus Richmond Hill is permanently closed? Since when? I think i was there around... 2 month ago...

I noticed last time i went, Storage and the other stores beside ToysRus already closed.. is the mall closing all the stores for re-developoment?
8 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10805 posts
7126 upvotes
GTA, ON
softech wrote: anyone can confirm if toysRus Richmond Hill is permanently closed? Since when? I think i was there around... 2 month ago...

I noticed last time i went, Storage and the other stores beside ToysRus already closed.. is the mall closing all the stores for re-developoment?
Another member posted a while back in HOT DEALS that that location was having a liquidation sale as they were shutting it down permanently.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Mar 28, 2011
780 posts
548 upvotes
Toronto
Yea it is closed

I drove by yesterday to the Canadian tire next to it and saw a sign saying closing July 26

In fact all the other shops east of toyrsus was closed down too
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8290 posts
3750 upvotes
Markham
BoredAtWork wrote: Yea it is closed

I drove by yesterday to the Canadian tire next to it and saw a sign saying closing July 26

Covid effect or they design that area for other purposes?

Thanks
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
1479 posts
148 upvotes
BoredAtWork wrote: Yea it is closed

thanks.. just find it sad.. it's a prime location.. .. now, the closest 3 in the area are Steeles/Yonge, Markville..and Newmarket.. Steeles and newmarket are too far for me.. Markville is not as big and selection/stock always an issue
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10805 posts
7126 upvotes
GTA, ON
softech wrote: thanks.. just find it sad.. it's a prime location.. .. now, the closest 3 in the area are Steeles/Yonge, Markville..and Newmarket.. Steeles and newmarket are too far for me.. Markville is not as big and selection/stock always an issue
There's also location at Lawrence & Vic.Park.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11188 posts
3453 upvotes
Toronto
It is closed.

We visited 2.5 months ago when retails store out of shopping mall can re-open, went back 3 week ago and it is closed.

Yes, I noticed there are strollers and car seats on sales when I was there, but no sign or anything say store closing, etc...
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
1479 posts
148 upvotes
MP3_SKY wrote: It is closed.

We visited 2.5 months ago when retails store out of shopping mall can re-open, went back 3 week ago and it is closed.

Yes, I noticed there are strollers and car seats on sales when I was there, but no sign or anything say store closing, etc...
yes.. my last visit was around the same time... I notice bike area was pretty empty.. but we thought just ppl bought them all.. there was no sign about closing at that time

I did notice in that visit that Storage was closed too.. thats why I wonder if TRU was closed due to Covid or got pushed away by landlord and if new development coming...