• Nov 30th, 2019 9:04 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2008
1188 posts
53 upvotes

TPMS at Costco

I want to pick up a set of TPMS sensors for my winter tires. I went to the tire department at Costco but they said they don't give out prices in person and I've have to check online. There's nothing on tires.costco.ca about TPMS sensors. Does anyone know if they do offer them? It's for a 2020 Acura RDX.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2010
1334 posts
775 upvotes
Barrie ON
JohnEnglish wrote: I want to pick up a set of TPMS sensors for my winter tires. I went to the tire department at Costco but they said they don't give out prices in person and I've have to check online. There's nothing on tires.costco.ca about TPMS sensors. Does anyone know if they do offer them? It's for a 2020 Acura RDX.
I just bought a set from the Acura dealer for the snow tires of my 2020 RDX. They cost $52.09 each. I had then installed at Green & Ross without any problems. G&R would have charged almost the same price for generic sensors which probably wouldn't be as reliable.

Edit: I had purchased these winter rims for my 2016 RDX from the Acura dealer as a full package. I had to get new TPMS for the 2020 because they used a different frequency than the 2016 did. I have heard rumors that due to the shape of the wheel, not all TPMS will fit all wheels. If you have the wheels already, bring one to the dealership before purchasing the sensors and verify they will fit.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2008
1188 posts
53 upvotes
How much was the install at G&R? My dealer is charging me about $140 to put the TPMS sensors onto the winter wheels.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2010
1334 posts
775 upvotes
Barrie ON
JohnEnglish wrote: How much was the install at G&R? My dealer is charging me about $140 to put the TPMS sensors onto the winter wheels.
The total cost for 4 wheels was $109.00 (before tax). It was $127.67 after HST and $3.98 in "environmental" fees.

That includes un-mounting my old winter tires from the rim, removing the old TPMS, installing the new TPMS, and remounting and balancing the tire. In my case I dropped off the 4 tires and picked them up later. However I don't think there would be any additional charge if they had to remove and re-install the tires directly from the vehicle.

This was probably done back in August, Of course the rules of supply and demand may come into effect, and prices may be higher during this demand time of the year. You can find out with just a phone call.