TPMS Sensors Installation Failed.

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2020 4:24 pm
[OP]
Oct 23, 2019
29 posts
4 upvotes

TPMS Sensors Installation Failed.

Hi guys, yesterday I went to Kal Tires for installing 4 TPMS sensors on my winter tires, and I bought the OEM TPMS sensors from the dealership, so I only paid them the labour fee. However, after several hours, they told me that they are unable to install it on my rims, and they just put my tires back on. Finally, I went to another car service and got them installed without any issue.

Now my question is, should I go to Kal Tire and ask for a refund?
2 replies
[OP]
Oct 23, 2019
29 posts
4 upvotes
macnut wrote: First a TLX at Canadian Tire, now this at Kal Tire?

I detect BS. Another vague post.

If you can afford the time (and money) to go to the dealership for the sensors, why wouldn't you get the complete job done there?
I got a refund by Canadian Tire for the sensors and the labour fee, then I went to the dealership and they told me they can sell me sensors, but they cannot install it for me since I have an aftermarket rim. So I looked up the Yelp and found Kal Tire. Is there anything wrong with Kal Tire?

I just moved from the United States for two months and I don't understand why in your Canadian eyes all third-party stores are worse than the dealer. In the states, everybody tries to avoid the dealership, and also we don't have things like Canadian TIre over there.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)