Expired Hot Deals

[Pizza Pizza] Trade your candy for a free slice coupon on November 1st

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2018 11:58 am
Apr 14, 2017
657 posts
583 upvotes
Tried yonge and bay locations on college. Didn't have coupons, but didn't have any problem getting slices.
Aug 20, 2016
351 posts
316 upvotes
no problem oakville gave me 2 coupons for my candy.
Mar 26, 2009
42 posts
58 upvotes
oakville
isd9999 wrote: no problem oakville gave me 2 coupons for my candy.
Can u please tell me which location? My son and I went to two locations Glen Abbey and the one near Neyagawa Rd around 1pm and neither had any vouchers. Ended up having lunch elsewhere.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
10019 posts
1494 upvotes
They had no coupons left so the gave us pizza slices instead.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21168 posts
10617 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
lili94 wrote: I went to the Burnhamthorpe and Grand Park location at 11. I was the first one, I showed the lady the promo on my phone and gave her the candy. She didn’t understand and asked me “why are you trying to sell me candy? We don’t buy candy here”. Then I told her no it’s part of the promotion then she read the email that was sent from corporate and told me to give her the barcode. And I’m like there is no barcode you give me the coupon. Then I had to read the email to her word for word. Which then she understood and asked another guy where the coupons were stored. Then gave me a coupon. I spent a good 15 minutes there lol. The lady then thanked me for explaining the deal to her lol.
Lmao
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14155 posts
26578 upvotes
Scarborough
If you don't have any luck in store, shoot them a message on Facebook. A few of my friends ended up getting coupons this way.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
2926 posts
2951 upvotes
Oakville, ON
isd9999 wrote: oakville upper middle road. Metro plaza.
You the franchisee ? That location denied me
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5088 posts
1884 upvotes
Toronto
thelasthunter wrote: It's about as good as their fake pizza and worth about as much as one of those candies. Pizzapizza prob brakes even just by staying open till 2am every night.
I don't understand how they got so popular?

Well, Dominos, Pizza Nova and Pizzaville are slightly doing better.

Is it because at one point they were cheaper than Pizza Hut but slightly better than 241?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5088 posts
1884 upvotes
Toronto
consumerPI wrote: Looks like a poorly executed Pizza Pizza promotion once again.
Funny how efficient Pizza Nova is when it comes to their Charity Pizza Event.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5088 posts
1884 upvotes
Toronto
thelasthunter wrote: Twitter is up in arms:

It's a major first world problem, nevertheless, very emblematic of the sloppy, disjointed way many businesses are ran in Canada
Pizza Pizza killing dreams and preventing the future generation from learning basic Kijiji Bartering Skills.

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 11.01.47 PM.png
Nov 9, 2013
719 posts
787 upvotes
Barrie
No problem in Barrie. Gave them a small bag full of candy and asked for two coupons, they gave me 3. Girl was super nice about it.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2017
2233 posts
1114 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote: I don't understand how they got so popular?

Well, Dominos, Pizza Nova and Pizzaville are slightly doing better.

Is it because at one point they were cheaper than Pizza Hut but slightly better than 241?
convenience? theres so many stores like Tim hortons
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2006
2326 posts
561 upvotes
So i brought 4 pre-halloween candies to trade for a slice and when i asked the clerk he bluntly laughed at me and said this promo is only for kids...
confused and sad i walked out and checked for the fine print in case i had missed an age restriction and to my surprise i didn't find any other that 'everybody can trade'
hence i called head office and spoke with customer service while i was still outside PP
I asked to confirm age restriction and he said there wasn't any, to go back into the store and put the pizza guy on the phone
Turned on speaker phone and asked him that CS wanted to speak with him so now he was angry and said i dont want to talk to anybody on your phone, if they want to talk to me they should call the store
CS said ok what's the address of this store ? pizza man said go outside and check the address... i'm like wow that's so rude it's raining and u can't just give me the address ?
anyways thanks to technology google was able to give me the addressed so CS called him

he then came back and said oh those candies are not the right kind... wtf is the right kind, the photo on the promo has jelly beans for f sake (now i'm angry)
at least my candies had wrapers and were new. he proceeded to show me oh henrys in a zip lock bag and said that my candy didn't look like those and were not in a plastic bag either ahahaha so i laughed
anyways he then said ok i'll give u a free slice but keep your candy, to what i'm like ok...
then he said here even take a bag of chips, so i replied saying no, i just want the pizza, keep your bag of chips lol
unfortuntely i didn't get to chose which slice but whatever

well so after this i still have candy left and night was young. wanted to see if this guy was a rude pos or was it just my mind playing games so i hit another pizza pizza near by
i walked in waited 2 mins, dude saw me ignored me then he comes...
told him i wanted to trade my candy for a slice to what he replied the same sorry it's only for kids
did these guys get training to say this or what ??
now with more experience i said sorry there's no age restriction stated on the site and i showed him the page
he said anyways we're sold out no more... what sold out of pizza? really?? no my boss said not to give any more free slices
i told him its ok i'm just gonna call your head office to see what's next

after a long wait and i almost gave up of being on hold, they called the store and told him to honor the promotion
saw the guy get a slice, put it on the oven and few mins after he comes to me and says here u go
once again i didn't get to chose but lucikly 1st guy gave me peperoni and this one gave me a cheese now

well well... this was a horribly ran promotion
i shouldn't have to call head office and complain to customer service twice in 1 day for the same poor service
with the same lame excuses
For sale threads:
GCs / Coins
Cloth / Phones/
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8169 posts
575 upvotes
Toronto
Went to 2 locations in Etobicoke and this is what happened:

1) Queensway and Royal York - Denied and claimed that it was available yesterday on Halloween but when questioned she said that they ran out of the vouchers since this morning. Told her that some stores are giving out slices if they ran out. She said that they don't do that. Will make it a point to never spend money at that location ever again.

2) Dude at Queensway and Parklawn location denied the offer claiming that it was for kids only. When I asked him where it said that he whips out a stack of coupons from under the counter and starts to read the coupon looking for the rule that he just made up that doesn't exist. He flips it over to see that the backside is blank. He then proceeds to tell me that that is what they were told, that it's for kids only. I bit on the bait and switch and ended up paying for 2 pepperoni slices even though I should have walked out based on principle. I feel like an RFD member failure. :(

Dear Pizza Pizza: You really have to get your communication right with all of your stores before running any more promotions.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)