Expired Hot Deals

[Pizza Pizza] Trade your candy for a free slice coupon on November 1st

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2018 11:58 am
Dec 24, 2011
353 posts
645 upvotes
NORTH, Canada
Again, it’s clearly a promo aimed at kids, can’t believe some of you getting so worked up about this and calling customer service. Not surprised you had Pizza Pizza employees laughing at you. Come on.
Jul 7, 2004
981 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
Me and my Daughter walk into Sherwood Forest Mall location (London) and I put a bag of candy on the counter (a good 5 lbs worth of crap I removed from my daughters haul the night before) and ask for two coupons. The friendly lady at the counter says I only need 3 pieces per coupon. I ask if the candy will be donated to charity and she says yes so I say no problem take it all. She says ok, here have 5 coupons then! We left very pleased!
Thanks OP! I
Mar 28, 2018
45 posts
101 upvotes
Drove around for the last hour and hit as many pizza pizzas as possible. Only got denied at 1 place claiming it was a day time promotion. Almost threw a pizza slice at the window before leaving just for RFD (ayce KFC lol). Got denied at the last few I went to but that was understandable as it was after 12. Now just gonna freeze the slices and have pizza for a month haha.
Images
  • IMG_20181102_004203.jpg
Oct 14, 2010
593 posts
141 upvotes
cheapboy69 wrote: Drove around for the last hour and hit as many pizza pizzas as possible. Only got denied at 1 place claiming it was a day time promotion. Almost threw a pizza slice at the window before leaving just for RFD (ayce KFC lol). Got denied at the last few I went to but that was understandable as it was after 12. Now just gonna freeze the slices and have pizza for a month haha.
Jesus christ.
Sep 5, 2014
265 posts
242 upvotes
Edmonton, ab
Tried one location today, got denied. Really poor promotion as not many people were able to get it, and a great way to lose customers too
Nov 20, 2017
428 posts
625 upvotes
ReaperEXE wrote: There's always that one house that gives you caramels or those 5 cent gums that are so hard they could chip a tooth.

My worst one as a kid has to be a handful of (peeled, ew) sunflower seeds. I remember my dad nearly bursting a vein because he thought it was so asinine that someone would even bother to answer the door in that situation.
Militant hippies suck.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
3447 posts
1738 upvotes
Waterloo
cheapboy69 wrote: Drove around for the last hour and hit as many pizza pizzas as possible. Only got denied at 1 place claiming it was a day time promotion. Almost threw a pizza slice at the window before leaving just for RFD (ayce KFC lol). Got denied at the last few I went to but that was understandable as it was after 12. Now just gonna freeze the slices and have pizza for a month haha.
You're really living up to your username!

As an RFDer, I'm impressed. But I'm also a bit disgusted at the same time lol.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15131 posts
2260 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
Hershey kisses melted just before the time of the transaction. Tried bartering with staples coupons instead, they wouldn't budge.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16024 posts
3472 upvotes
Toronto
It's only Cheese or Pepperoni anyway, but I phoned ahead and asked a few locations if they were participating in this promotion. Each location said "Sure, yes, come on in, but only two choices. Cheese or Pepperoni".
None of the locations I went to said it was just for kids.
The crust may not be the greatest, but the sauce reminded me that I should come back some other time and buy a slice, so I believe this promo actually worked!
NONE
of the locations would give me an actual coupon though. They all insisted that they only have one coupon that is needed for scanning, but they'll gladly give me a slice right now.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3126 posts
1470 upvotes
Toronto
consumerPI wrote: Went to 2 locations in Etobicoke and this is what happened:

1) Queensway and Royal York - Denied and claimed that it was available yesterday on Halloween but when questioned she said that they ran out of the vouchers since this morning. Told her that some stores are giving out slices if they ran out. She said that they don't do that. Will make it a point to never spend money at that location ever again.

2) Dude at Queensway and Parklawn location denied the offer claiming that it was for kids only. When I asked him where it said that he whips out a stack of coupons from under the counter and starts to read the coupon looking for the rule that he just made up that doesn't exist. He flips it over to see that the backside is blank. He then proceeds to tell me that that is what they were told, that it's for kids only. I bit on the bait and switch and ended up paying for 2 pepperoni slices even though I should have walked out based on principle. I feel like an RFD member failure. :(

Dear Pizza Pizza: You really have to get your communication right with all of your stores before running any more promotions.
I got my slice at your location #2 just after 11am when they opened, with no issue. Was offered the coupon, but just used it since I wanted to take the slice.

However, looking at PizzaPizza Twitter, this was YMMV for sure, but not surprised. As their customer service at the store level is the poorest I have ever found. And upper tier customer service isn't worth spending ones valuable time.
Last edited by beachlover on Nov 2nd, 2018 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6727 posts
5803 upvotes
Toronto
Matrixvibe wrote: Hershey kisses melted just before the time of the transaction. Tried bartering with staples coupons instead, they wouldn't budge.
Tough luck... sometimes life is not fair
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Nov 24, 2015
957 posts
664 upvotes
Durham Region
umieesa wrote: Worked for slices in Ajax at Salem and Rossland. They even allowed me to give candies (wrapped caramels) so thumbs up to that location.

Dundas/Brock Whitby location wouldn't give slices or vouchers (and was pretty rude about it), and Thickson/Dundas location in Whitby said they didn't participate but still gave my kids slices so extra thumbs up there.

Definitely YMMV!
Dundas/Brock Whitby gave me a coupon in the morning before lunch no problem
Nov 25, 2015
262 posts
176 upvotes
York, ON

Omg... talk about levels of cheapness. I mean you probably spent more gas and time driving around than anything you could have gained. If you were that desperate for free slices you could have just checked the garbage bins after they close. They throw a ton of slices out that no one buys.
Nov 25, 2015
262 posts
176 upvotes
York, ON

Omg... talk about levels of cheapness. I mean you probably spent more gas and time driving around than anything you could have gained. If you were that desperate for free slices you could have just checked the garbage bins after they close. They throw a ton of slices out that no one buys.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6727 posts
5803 upvotes
Toronto
Wow... I'm speechless,... but I can't tell if it's because you drove like a maniac collecting free food or because you had the guts to publish it here
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)