Expired Hot Deals

[Pizza Pizza] Trade your candy for a free slice coupon on November 1st

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2018 11:58 am
Nov 25, 2015
262 posts
176 upvotes
York, ON
redkid wrote: So i brought 4 pre-halloween candies to trade for a slice and when i asked the clerk he bluntly laughed at me and said this promo is only for kids...
confused and sad i walked out and checked for the fine print in case i had missed an age restriction and to my surprise i didn't find any other that 'everybody can trade'
hence i called head office and spoke with customer service while i was still outside PP
I asked to confirm age restriction and he said there wasn't any, to go back into the store and put the pizza guy on the phone
Turned on speaker phone and asked him that CS wanted to speak with him so now he was angry and said i dont want to talk to anybody on your phone, if they want to talk to me they should call the store
CS said ok what's the address of this store ? pizza man said go outside and check the address... i'm like wow that's so rude it's raining and u can't just give me the address ?
anyways thanks to technology google was able to give me the addressed so CS called him

he then came back and said oh those candies are not the right kind... wtf is the right kind, the photo on the promo has jelly beans for f sake (now i'm angry)
at least my candies had wrapers and were new. he proceeded to show me oh henrys in a zip lock bag and said that my candy didn't look like those and were not in a plastic bag either ahahaha so i laughed
anyways he then said ok i'll give u a free slice but keep your candy, to what i'm like ok...
then he said here even take a bag of chips, so i replied saying no, i just want the pizza, keep your bag of chips lol
unfortuntely i didn't get to chose which slice but whatever

well so after this i still have candy left and night was young. wanted to see if this guy was a rude pos or was it just my mind playing games so i hit another pizza pizza near by
i walked in waited 2 mins, dude saw me ignored me then he comes...
told him i wanted to trade my candy for a slice to what he replied the same sorry it's only for kids
did these guys get training to say this or what ??
now with more experience i said sorry there's no age restriction stated on the site and i showed him the page
he said anyways we're sold out no more... what sold out of pizza? really?? no my boss said not to give any more free slices
i told him its ok i'm just gonna call your head office to see what's next

after a long wait and i almost gave up of being on hold, they called the store and told him to honor the promotion
saw the guy get a slice, put it on the oven and few mins after he comes to me and says here u go
once again i didn't get to chose but lucikly 1st guy gave me peperoni and this one gave me a cheese now

well well... this was a horribly ran promotion
i shouldn't have to call head office and complain to customer service twice in 1 day for the same poor service
with the same lame excuses
I know this is RFD but I am actually repulsed at the extent people go to. I mean do you guys have no lives or just so much time on your hands for a free slice of pizza. Its not even like a video game sale or something you can use long term.

That guy was probably just laughing at you.
Nov 25, 2015
262 posts
176 upvotes
York, ON
thelasthunter wrote: Twitter is up in arms:

It's a major first world problem, nevertheless, very emblematic of the sloppy, disjointed way many businesses are ran in Canada
Not just that. Its the feeling of entitlement. Everyone feel entitled to everything just cause its available or happening. However promotions work on while supplies last basis.

Secondly its pizza. If you never wanted pizza before and just going cause its free its not like you going to die or anything. Social media has made entitlement even worse now cause everyone just goes on social media to cry and feel special. I can understand if someone was rude to you in a serious way where they spat in your food or threw food at you. Turning you down for “free food” is not a problem if stores ran out of coupons.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17977 posts
5968 upvotes
Toronto
If they run out of coupons fine. If they make up rules, that kids only and not these candies, that is wrong.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6729 posts
5805 upvotes
Toronto
nordwitcher wrote: I know this is RFD but I am actually repulsed at the extent people go to. I mean do you guys have no lives or just so much time on your hands for a free slice of pizza. Its not even like a video game sale or something you can use long term.

Sometimes it's not only about a free pizza slice... but about the principle.
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
4593 posts
1109 upvotes
Wat
I didn't try this promo but the pizza pizza by my place didn't want to honour the raptors promo. Some owners are idiots.. if you want the franchise, follow the damn rules.
Nov 25, 2015
262 posts
176 upvotes
York, ON
roblombardi wrote: Sometimes it's not only about a free pizza slice... but about the principle.
Driving around for hours on end to get free food? That is more like abusing the system. I would check my priorities if that was what gave me a boner.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6729 posts
5805 upvotes
Toronto
nordwitcher wrote: Driving around for hours on end to get free food? That is more like abusing the system. I would check my priorities if that was what gave me a boner.
Your original comment was a reply to somebody who walked to 2 stores and had issues with the promo, not about the animal who raided Pizza Pizza stores all over... I don't agree with that behaviour (and most of RFD condemn that as well), if you read my comment to him/her about it
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2354 upvotes
RaiderX wrote: Again, it’s clearly a promo aimed at kids, can’t believe some of you getting so worked up about this and calling customer service. Not surprised you had Pizza Pizza employees laughing at you. Come on.
Show me where it say that here:

Yeah, thought so. If it was so clear, it would have been stated somewhere in writing above. It's neither stated in the promo blurb itself nor the conditions in the fine print. Essentially, no such thing was said at all. That's clear to you?

Based on what is actually written, it's clearly a promo to obtain candy to be donated to charity, so it didn't appear to matter who it was from, adult or child. What else is clear is this: "Limit one per customer". That clearly does not mean only children to those who can read and comprehend English. If it clearly states that and doesn't mention for children, why would one decide that it meant only children? It even says "bring in Halloween candy", not "bring in your Halloween candy".

@nordwitcher you must be somebody who works at Pizza Pizza or a franchise owner to deliberately make so many biased arguments the day after the promo about people getting rejected based on fabricated nonsense. To anybody who can read, it's obvious that this isn't just about running out of coupons, driving to multiple locations, people having a lot of time on their hands, or entitlement.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6729 posts
5805 upvotes
Toronto
bombdiggity wrote: @nordwitcher you must be somebody who works at Pizza Pizza or a franchise owner to deliberately make so many biased arguments the day after the promo about people getting rejected based on fabricated nonsense. To anybody who can read, it's obvious that this isn't just about running out of coupons, driving to multiple locations, people having a lot of time on their hands, or entitlement.
+1000
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21132 posts
23338 upvotes
Toronto
Sometimes I wonder why RFD users have a bad reputation. Then I come to threads like this and remember why that's the case...
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Mar 28, 2018
45 posts
101 upvotes
nordwitcher wrote: Omg... talk about levels of cheapness. I mean you probably spent more gas and time driving around than anything you could have gained. If you were that desperate for free slices you could have just checked the garbage bins after they close. They throw a ton of slices out that no one buys.
Took like an hour of my time and I love driving. Its not like I spent much time at any of the pizza pizzas, if they said no I just said ok cool and left. It's was a charitable event where they wanted to collect candy to give away right? They get their candy and I get my slice, win-win in my books. How much is a pizza slice? Times that by 21 that's pretty good value! Lol. On top of that I actually get free gas too. And no way, they just throw all the pizza out in the dumpsters? I've been wanting to go to grocery stores and get expired foods like that but I believe they keep their garbage inside. Let's all combat food waste!! It's a huge problem.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2006
2327 posts
561 upvotes
nordwitcher wrote: I know this is RFD but I am actually repulsed at the extent people go to. I mean do you guys have no lives or just so much time on your hands for a free slice of pizza. Its not even like a video game sale or something you can use long term.
whatever i do with my time is MY TIME. if i decide to spend 15 minutes to get what i want is my wish. i was already there and wasn't leaving without my pizza
you probably spend 15 mins in line up to buy a game and i dont complain about your time do i?
both guys were definetely NOT laughing, they were sad they had the grave yard shift and then probably scared that head office wrote a formal complain to the store management for their employees not following simple rules and being rude to customers

it's all about fairness... fyi i spent +$700 yesterday morning on custom shoes, but i refused to pay $3 for pizza IF i can give away my candy for donations and take advantage of a good deal
For sale threads:
GCs / Coins
Cloth / Phones/
Nov 25, 2015
262 posts
176 upvotes
York, ON
roblombardi wrote: Your original comment was a reply to somebody who walked to 2 stores and had issues with the promo, not about the animal who raided Pizza Pizza stores all over... I don't agree with that behaviour (and most of RFD condemn that as well), if you read my comment to him/her about it
bombdiggity wrote: Show me where it say that here:

Yeah, thought so. If it was so clear, it would have been stated somewhere in writing above. It's neither stated in the promo blurb itself nor the conditions in the fine print. Essentially, no such thing was said at all. That's clear to you?

Based on what is actually written, it's clearly a promo to obtain candy to be donated to charity, so it didn't appear to matter who it was from, adult or child. What else is clear is this: "Limit one per customer". That clearly does not mean only children to those who can read and comprehend English. If it clearly states that and doesn't mention for children, why would one decide that it meant only children? It even says "bring in Halloween candy", not "bring in your Halloween candy".

@nordwitcher you must be somebody who works at Pizza Pizza or a franchise owner to deliberately make so many biased arguments the day after the promo about people getting rejected based on fabricated nonsense. To anybody who can read, it's obvious that this isn't just about running out of coupons, driving to multiple locations, people having a lot of time on their hands, or entitlement.
The sad part is that I remember something when Pizza Nova has a special a month or two back. And people were crying and moaning about that too.

Its just despicable that people cry about free food in a first world country where food is literally freaking cheap already.

I can totally understand if these were electronic sales or actually stuff you can buy and use.

The thing is that when something is given out for free they just feel entitled to it.
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2354 upvotes
nordwitcher wrote: The sad part is that I remember something when Pizza Nova has a special a month or two back. And people were crying and moaning about that too.

Its just despicable that people cry about free food in a first world country where food is literally freaking cheap already.

I can totally understand if these were electronic sales or actually stuff you can buy and use.

The thing is that when something is given out for free they just feel entitled to it.
Even if it's not the most expensive, food in Canada shouldn't really be called cheap. Just because your opinion is that it's more justified to be upset about electronics or "actually stuff you can buy and use" doesn't mean others shouldn't be upset about this. You keep using the word entitled for a situation where people expect a large chain like Pizza Pizza to run a promo the way it was intended and not have people go out of their way to get the pizza only to be rejected with a made up excuse. If you call people thinking this is BS is "entitled/entitlement", you are not applying it the way most people do. The pizza is not handed over for nothing, it's traded for candy, so if people have the candy to trade like the promo said was needed, what is wrong about feeling like they should get the pizza like the promo said they would?

You've probably spent more time in this thread complaining about the complainers than 90% of the people who complained, in store or online.
Nov 25, 2015
262 posts
176 upvotes
York, ON
bombdiggity wrote: Even if it's not the most expensive, food in Canada shouldn't really be called cheap. Just because your opinion is that it's more justified to be upset about electronics or "actually stuff you can buy and use" doesn't mean others shouldn't be upset about this. You keep using the word entitled for a situation where people expect a large chain like Pizza Pizza to run a promo the way it was intended and not have people go out of their way to get the pizza only to be rejected with a made up excuse. If you call people thinking this is BS is "entitled/entitlement", you are not applying it the way most people do. The pizza is not handed over for nothing, it's traded for candy, so if people have the candy to trade like the promo said was needed, what is wrong about feeling like they should get the pizza like the promo said they would?

You've probably spent more time in this thread complaining about the complainers than 90% of the people who complained, in store or online.
Again just wanted to point out that I was only referring to the person that spent his time driving around and that wanted to throw a pizza at the store.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)