Home & Garden

Traderjay's Whole House NON-TOXIC Air Re-freshener with massive health benefit for the whole family - no snake oil

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2017 12:48 am
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2014
1962 posts
677 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Traderjay's Whole House NON-TOXIC Air Re-freshener with massive health benefit for the whole family - no snake oil

I am a nerd when it comes to HVAC and indoor air quality. I am the one who will spend extra on indoor air quality testing (mold, chemicals etc) as a condition of the house purchase. HEPA filters in all rooms, UV sterilizer in the duct works etc. Auto regulated humidifier based on outdoor temp + fully modulating furnace (York Affinity)

Due to the size of my house, its impractical to get plug-in refreshners and they are loaded with toxic chemicals and carcinogens and also cost a bit. Why poison your home with more chemicals? I found a great way of purifying the entire home air supply by simply drilling a small hole in the main duct work that supplies the house with air, insert a bottle of organic essential oil of your choice and voila - your whole house will smell fantastic! The heat of the furnace and air movement will evenly disperse the fragrance.

For winter, I chose the following:

- Tea Tree (Kill off virus)
- Grapefruit (fresh and uplifting)
- Pine (Prevent respiratory infection)
- Cypress (air detox)

Mining & Workstation EPYC 7764 64 Core & Dual 5950x Rigs | ASUS STRIX RTX 3090 OC | 3X NEC PA301W | 64GB DDR4 ECC |5 TB Samsung NVMe Storage
16 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3167 posts
1209 upvotes
Montreal
i'm speechless
Client at: Tangerine, VoIP.ms, Virgin Mobile
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12695 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
Tea tree oil, even a little, smells like hot death. In Australia where literally everything will kill you it's banned for consumers.
May 12, 2014
997 posts
822 upvotes
Markham, ON
Hi OP, I'm a little confused. On one hand you talk about wanting good air quality, and on the other you're releasing oils into the air.

Glad this worked for you though. This a troll post?
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
3109 posts
2309 upvotes
London
Coating the inside of your ductwork with oil (which apparently isn't a chemical).
Sounds like a wonderful idea.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2002
2040 posts
526 upvotes
'sauga
- Tea Tree (Kill off virus)
- Grapefruit (fresh and uplifting)
- Pine (Prevent respiratory infection)
- Cypress (air detox)
Do you....actually believe scented oils do what you say in brackets?
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2014
1962 posts
677 upvotes
Toronto, ON
arisk wrote: Coating the inside of your ductwork with oil (which apparently isn't a chemical).
Sounds like a wonderful idea.
Will it?
Mining & Workstation EPYC 7764 64 Core & Dual 5950x Rigs | ASUS STRIX RTX 3090 OC | 3X NEC PA301W | 64GB DDR4 ECC |5 TB Samsung NVMe Storage
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
7849 posts
8795 upvotes
That's gross. I would feel like I'm suffocating myself and my family by forcing them to breathe in essential oils 24/7.
Jul 31, 2017
510 posts
640 upvotes
Toronto
I'm going to try this, but substitute the essential oils for a bottle of soapy water. Every so often i'll astound the kids by blowing bubbles out the heat registers
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12695 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
Pine is a known respiratory anti-inflammatory but it won't PREVENT anything. Its like a natural inhaler.
Oct 27, 2012
406 posts
396 upvotes
Shwa
You should start up your own MLM! There's suckers out there that would probably buy this crap and sell it for you too.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2007
5116 posts
984 upvotes
T.
Menthol wrote: Might be better if you put the hole at the top of the duct and put the bottle upside down... you will get quicker results.
Username checks out....
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20807 posts
6622 upvotes
London
Op, I suggest you substitute this oil (relieves pain and consternation )

Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1187 posts
342 upvotes
Toronto
l69norm wrote: Op, I suggest you substitute this oil (relieves pain and consternation )

Sign me up! I need pain relief all over the body and mind.