• Nov 29th, 2020 7:34 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 14, 2010
6137 posts
7061 upvotes
SkimGuy wrote: Big drop on KL today, can't see any news regarding it. Is it still worth a buy?
It is a buy for me because I am following the model, which uses fundamentals to decide when to enter and exit. Nothing changed since the weekend. The only news I found was related to recent insider selling, but this could be simply profit taking as it's been running up steady for a few months. Gold sentiment is also deteriorating.

I find hard to determine when not to follow a recommendation (price performance just tell one side of the story), so I buy and sell all signals. Those using these models as an initial recommendation can always dig further for additional research, which means one would be trading a customized portfolio.

In the end, there must be a rational and consistent criteria to when follow or not follow a signal recommendation.

Rod
Build a comprehensive portfolio based on Investing and Trading strategies. Check out these threads and join the discussion:

Investing strategy based on dividend growth

Trading strategy based on Graham principles.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
1743 posts
586 upvotes
Toronto
Might buy HDI soon. Will take dividends while waiting for Lumber price to go back up.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
5971 posts
1788 upvotes
Scarborough
last_sd wrote: Might buy HDI soon. Will take dividends while waiting for Lumber price to go back up.
Kind of on a related note but has the "Rebalance to equal weights" ever triggered for this portfolio? I recall reading that if they get out of line by more than 10%, a rebalancing would occur
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
1743 posts
586 upvotes
Toronto
SkimGuy wrote: Kind of on a related note but has the "Rebalance to equal weights" ever triggered for this portfolio? I recall reading that if they get out of line by more than 10%, a rebalancing would occur
I am unsure. I will wait on Rod for that question.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 14, 2010
6137 posts
7061 upvotes
SkimGuy wrote: Kind of on a related note but has the "Rebalance to equal weights" ever triggered for this portfolio? I recall reading that if they get out of line by more than 10%, a rebalancing would occur
This model is supposed to rebalance to equal weights and that would only trigger if a position gets oversized (if a single position grows the portfolio by 10%, so so when an individual position represents 20% of the portfolio minimum). The 10% growth threshold is for the portfolio, not for a single position, so I will edit the first post for clarity. This will happen soon with BAD, which its excellent performance makes now almost 17% of the portfolio. Other than that, when more than 1 position is sold, I usually split the total proceeds into equal amounts to buy the next positions.

Rod
Build a comprehensive portfolio based on Investing and Trading strategies. Check out these threads and join the discussion:

Investing strategy based on dividend growth

Trading strategy based on Graham principles.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
5971 posts
1788 upvotes
Scarborough
Sold for a slight gain. Nice