Investing

Trading idea- Based on Graham (TSX)

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2020 9:31 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 14, 2010
6085 posts
6963 upvotes
itemsale2003 wrote: Can't find SYS. Is that on NYSE?
Sorry, typo. Fixed the post, it's actually SIS. The table listed on the website is extracted directly from portfolio123, so there wouldn't be typos there. Also, this model only trades Canadian stocks, so it couldn't trade SYS on NYSE.


Rod
Build a comprehensive portfolio based on Investing and Trading strategies. Check out these threads and join the discussion:

Investing strategy based on dividend growth

Trading strategy based on Graham principles.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 19, 2009
5963 posts
1785 upvotes
Scarborough
Hi Rod,

Just curious what caused the model to recommend buying 5 stocks this week? It has been recommending one buy/sell a week for a long time and then suddenly there's 5 stocks on the signal. Interested to see how that came about. Thanks
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 14, 2010
6085 posts
6963 upvotes
SkimGuy wrote: Hi Rod,

Just curious what caused the model to recommend buying 5 stocks this week? It has been recommending one buy/sell a week for a long time and then suddenly there's 5 stocks on the signal. Interested to see how that came about. Thanks
Every week it scans for all TSX stocks and evaluate according to the ranking. Until now, they either didn't meet the rules or they ranked below the top quintile on the published ranking, which considers value, sentiment, growth and momentum. If several stocks were found, it chooses the top of the ranking first.


Rod
Build a comprehensive portfolio based on Investing and Trading strategies. Check out these threads and join the discussion:

Investing strategy based on dividend growth

Trading strategy based on Graham principles.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4323 posts
3466 upvotes
Just an FYI as your other threads are retired.

My students found a rare undervalued stock that fits the Warren Buffett mold
June 12 at 10:28 AM ET

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/investi ... he-warren/

"This year, unlike most of the recent decade, picking value stocks for the final class project was like picking lilies in the valley for my students at Ivey Business School. The market correction enabled them to find and write a report on undervalued stocks, not only among Graham type of stocks, but also among Buffett type stocks – something that I have not seen for years."
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 1, 2013
5656 posts
596 upvotes
MrMom wrote: Just an FYI as your other threads are retired.

My students found a rare undervalued stock that fits the Warren Buffett mold
June 12 at 10:28 AM ET

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/investi ... he-warren/

"This year, unlike most of the recent decade, picking value stocks for the final class project was like picking lilies in the valley for my students at Ivey Business School. The market correction enabled them to find and write a report on undervalued stocks, not only among Graham type of stocks, but also among Buffett type stocks – something that I have not seen for years."
Did Warren Buffett (BRK) buy this stock?
Member
Jun 15, 2010
243 posts
39 upvotes
RedFlagDeals
What do you think of POW.TO - Power Corporation of Canada. Thinking of picking up some shares tomorrow.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 14, 2010
6085 posts
6963 upvotes
Radudu wrote: What do you think of POW.TO - Power Corporation of Canada. Thinking of picking up some shares tomorrow.
I like it as an investment for the long term. Also, some of their preferreds are at a nice discount.


Rod
Build a comprehensive portfolio based on Investing and Trading strategies. Check out these threads and join the discussion:

Investing strategy based on dividend growth

Trading strategy based on Graham principles.

Top