• Last Updated:
  • Apr 3rd, 2018 12:32 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8633 posts
2399 upvotes
Mississauga
woofster wrote: I know it's minor and seemingly petty to some...but a big peeve of mine is not getting a "thank you" wave when I clearly make room for someone to merge in front of me when there really was no space for them to merge in otherwise.
That bugs me also especially truckers and transit drivers they know enough to flash their lights in thanks but they don't.
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
12603 posts
3028 upvotes
Richmond Hill
flyingnurse wrote: I've said this before but people who are turning left but are not in the center of the left lane but rather more to the right lane. This causes me difficulty if I am turning left in the opposite direction as my field of vision is reduced.

I also hate being tailed when I am going the speed limit or even when I am above the speed limit! (Not referring to the left lane of a highway)
I always honk in this situation. It's one of my top pet peeves.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1568 posts
206 upvotes
Markham, ON
Red traffic lights because during traffic one red traffic light is amplified. For example, if there are 10 cars in front of me that's 11 red lights in front of me.

When the first red light turns green, I have to wait for the 10 people before me to start their vehicles. By the time I get to the light, it might be red again.
Jul 25, 2015
912 posts
734 upvotes
People who dont advance into the intersection when turning left.
Mar 30, 2011
219 posts
224 upvotes
Markham drivers:

- Stay in the left turn lane for the entire duration, then for some reason decide to at the last second decide they can't wait and take a right into the next lane, thus resulting in my attempt at a left from the opposite side a failure because of their stupidity.
- Blocking the entire intersection because they couldn't wait the extra 90 seconds for the next green, thus not allowing anyone to go by for a good 20 seconds.
- Lack of knowledge on how a roundabout works, I've seen a countless amount of fools go the OPPOSITE WAY!
- Four lane U-turns, stuck in the right turn only? No problem I'll just make a U-turn past the three other lanes of traffic so I can go the other way.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2017
1221 posts
1347 upvotes
Calgary
Poppwl wrote: Red traffic lights because during traffic one red traffic light is amplified. For example, if there are 10 cars in front of me that's 11 red lights in front of me.

When the first red light turns green, I have to wait for the 10 people before me to start their vehicles. By the time I get to the light, it might be red again.
So.. You don't like intersections with traffic lights?

WHERE'S THE BEEF?!
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2016
2240 posts
2272 upvotes
Toronto, ON
People who get advanced left turn green light faster by standing 2 cars behind the intersection to trigger the sensor.

There should be a law against this.
Jul 25, 2015
912 posts
734 upvotes
WinterSleep wrote: People who get advanced left turn green light faster by standing 2 cars behind the intersection to trigger the sensor.

Better that than in Ottawa where 99% of the turn lights are automatically advance green because people are too stupid to turn safely.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8633 posts
2399 upvotes
Mississauga
Sinasta wrote: Better that than in Ottawa where 99% of the turn lights are automatically advance green because people are too stupid to turn safely.
That's what happens when anybody can get a license whether they know how to drive or not.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8633 posts
2399 upvotes
Mississauga
People not wanting to wait to turn right so they go through the gas station parking lot.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
3199 posts
2222 upvotes
ontario
WinterSleep wrote: People who get advanced left turn green light faster by standing 2 cars behind the intersection to trigger the sensor.

Guilty and proud.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21132 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
Biggest beef is slow slow drivers. Those people on the highway driving 50 and 60 when it's all clear. These are the people causing traffic for no reason.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
3199 posts
2222 upvotes
ontario
WinterSleep wrote: Let me guess. You also tend to cut in grocery lines.
No, never and I went through this thread and not guilty on all other counts

nobody's perfect I guess. Not waiting for the entire line of oncoming traffic if I don't have to. If there were three cars in left turn queue, then the advance green would light. Don't see much of a difference
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver

I personally don't mind if people do this, however, I notice in Vancouver, it doesn't really work. I seen people stop 2 car lengths away and it doesn't trigger the turn signal. I think you have to trip the sensor in the first stall first, or they count how many cars are on the turning lane. This would make sense as I see a lot of these turn signals stay green just enough for almost all of the cars to turn.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 15, 2005
6022 posts
1868 upvotes
People who use an ending lane / shoulder to pass people in a traffic jam
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8633 posts
2399 upvotes
Mississauga
Ziggy007 wrote: People who use an ending lane / shoulder to pass people in a traffic jam
Happens all the time on the gardiner expressway.
Apr 13, 2003
611 posts
313 upvotes
North York
cars turning left and then they pull slightly right into your straight though lane just before making the left.. do they think they are driving a big rig?
Riaz