Automotive

Which trailer bearing kit for this trailer ? (Maxi roule Jet Master 1500)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 2nd, 2022 12:32 pm
[OP]
Jul 26, 2008
929 posts
1251 upvotes
Montreal

Which trailer bearing kit for this trailer ? (Maxi roule Jet Master 1500)

I have Maxi roule Jet Master 1500 boat trailer and wanted to get replacement bearing kits before a long road trip.

Called around a few places that sell these trailers and I was told parts can change per year of manufacture so it was suggested that i take the hubs off the part numbers would be on the bearings.

Did that but the numbers are not all visible.

Alex shaft sizer is 1-1/16 and its straight.

hub is TEK 11228 ? H150 ( no google results for any of the part numbers)

I was going to go out and purchase this kit : https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/skf- ... 0897p.html

Will it fit ? or should be looking at another kit ?

Thanks for your insight
5 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2015
2575 posts
3504 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Are you looking to repack these and install before your trip or have these with you incase of a failure? If #2, it's easier to just have an extra hub kit on hand.

If you're attempting to replace before your trip do you have a Canadian Bearing near you? Bring those in they'll measure and get you new ones.
[OP]
Jul 26, 2008
929 posts
1251 upvotes
Montreal
mxthor3 wrote: Are you looking to repack these and install before your trip or have these with you incase of a failure? If #2, it's easier to just have an extra hub kit on hand.

If you're attempting to replace before your trip do you have a Canadian Bearing near you? Bring those in they'll measure and get you new ones.
Well it is a bit of both, as I never dis-assembled the hub before so I did not know what to expect.

I figured it would be a good idea to dis-assembled everything at home as to be familiar with the operation if I ever have a break down, and also inspect the bearings

I don't see any damage or wear marks so I am going to go with the repack.

Went the check to CND tire SKF kit, bearing had the same measurements but the rear seal thicker than mine.
[OP]
Jul 26, 2008
929 posts
1251 upvotes
Montreal
I replaced the bearings , 2 per wheel, this summer. After I removed the races found they were standard as a few you suggested the correct ones : Outer Race L-44610 - Bearing L-44649, my outer seal was 1.500 x 1.988 0.250

The least expensive kit, Quality kit turns out to be sold by RockAuto, known as the "TIMKEN SET4" $7.89 for one race L-44610 and Bearing L-44649, made in the USA on the box and the bearings.

At a cost of $16 per wheel these is less expensive than a similar kit from Princess Auto, American Rockwell on sale at $19 reg price of 32$ per wheel.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)