• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2021 6:56 pm
[OP]
Apr 5, 2018
17 posts
4 upvotes

Trailer Hitch Installation in GTA

Hello

I am planning to install a hitch for my car (2016 BMW X3) mostly for bike racks, so no wiring needed.

Does anyone know of a good and inexpensive place in GTA to get it installed.

Uhaul seems to have the best price ($440 at the Etobicoke location) for parts and labour, and rack attack and hitch city were quoting a much higher price. Does anyone has any first hand experience on getting the installation at the Uhaul Etobicoke location?

Thanks a lot
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2005
5602 posts
82 upvotes
We bought and had it installed at the Pickering U-Haul as that was the closet location with the our hitch available. It took longer to install then expected due to our diesel SUV, but we came out happy in the end. They were very professional and had a great attitude even though it was their first time installing it on the ML350... U-Haul is going to be the cheapest place around.

edit - it took them close to 5 hours to install.
Last edited by ben_liu on Sep 15th, 2021 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
5721 posts
3223 upvotes
Toronto
Seems reasonable for $200 hitch and 1.5 hr of their time.

But if buy the hitch and diy, you can save few hundred dollars.
[OP]
Apr 5, 2018
17 posts
4 upvotes
ben_liu wrote: We bought and had it installed at the Pickering U-Haul as that was the closet location with the our hitch available. It took longer to install then expected due to our diesel SUV, but we came out happy in the end. They were very professional and had a great attitude even though it was their first time installing it on the ML350... U-Haul is going to be the cheapest place around.

edit - it took them close to 5 hours to install.
Wow, 5 hours is a bit long, does it usually take that long or is it just because it was their first time on the ML350?

peteryorkuca wrote: Seems reasonable for $200 hitch and 1.5 hr of their time.

But if buy the hitch and diy, you can save few hundred dollars.
I know, but just being busy at work lately, so I rather pay someone to get it installed.....