6836 upvotes
Toronto
Odd timing to release a clip featuring LeBron James

Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11789 posts
2744 upvotes
Toronto
I just saw the"Trainwreck" movie screening yesterday (Thanks, Aling!).

This movie had some funny moments in it...and LeBron James ain't no Shaq O'Neil...this guy can actually act a bit.

But the movie is so dirty...we even get to see John Cena...yeah the WWE Wrestler...doing a nude sex scene in it, although comical...but still a nude sex scene.

Amy Schumer was basically playing her own personality in the movie. A sarcastic and promiscuous woman who just can't accept a real relationship.

The movie was overall a fairly entertaining romantic-comedy and had some funny moments in it. Just a warning again...it's full of dirty jokes and sex-related jokes...for those who might take offense.

Let's see if this will be a hit at the Box Office or a Trainwreck when it is officially released.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Expert
Jan 8, 2007
23363 posts
633 upvotes
Toronto
Scorpionsy wrote: I just saw the"Trainwreck" movie screening yesterday (Thanks, Aling!).

This movie had some funny moments in it...and LeBron James ain't no Shaq O'Neil...this guy can actually act a bit.

But the movie is so dirty...we even get to see John Cena...yeah the WWE Wrestler...doing a nude sex scene in it, although comical...but still a nude sex scene.

Amy Schumer was basically playing her own personality in the movie. A sarcastic and promiscuous woman who just can't accept a real relationship.

The movie was overall a fairly entertaining romantic-comedy and had some funny moments in it. Just a warning again...it's full of dirty jokes and sex-related jokes...for those who might take offense.

Let's see if this will be a hit at the Box Office or a Trainwreck when it is officially released.
That's okay because...

[IMG]http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ori ... -tumbl.gif[/IMG]
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
19861 posts
8177 upvotes
Toronto
jenviea wrote: Odd timing to release a clip featuring LeBron James

He's funny in it.
Jun 18, 2015
232 posts
1172 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Lots of good reviews for this movie. I'm very surprised as the trailer didn't impress me.

I'll be checking it out this weekend now.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2014
1255 posts
241 upvotes
Burrowborough
I find myself laughing at about 30% of the skits on the 'Inside Amy Schumer' TV show (though I noticed a marked improvement in the recently completed third season) - the early ones and the bad ones are just too obvious to appeal to my sense of humour.

So I headed into 'Trainwreck' with suitably tempered expectations.

Hallelujah! It's great!!! The script is sharp; dark; hilarious - and surprisingly pretty darn romantic. I say surprising because the script was written by no one other than Amy Schumer herself. Impressive.

Her acting; despite a couple of rough spots here and there; is natural and charming. The supporting cast is varied and uproarious.

'Trainwreck' is a brand new classic romantic-comedy. A+
Sep 30, 2001
29159 posts
8582 upvotes
Toronto
Just saw it. Yes it starts off raunchy but by the second half it noticeably takes on the mainstream rom com tone. Still it was pretty funny (the crowd seems to enjoy themselves) and the cameos were great to see
Be kind and civil with one another
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2014
1255 posts
241 upvotes
Burrowborough
Is no one else at RFD going to see 'Trainwreck'?

Here's a review via The Atlantic..

[QUOTE]With an assist from director Judd Apatow, writer/star Amy Schumer has produced the most hilarious movie in a long, long while.[/QUOTE]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5319 posts
2294 upvotes
Toronto
Scorpionsy wrote: I just saw the"Trainwreck" movie screening yesterday (Thanks, Aling!).

whistlepig wrote: Is no one else at RFD going to see 'Trainwreck'?

Here's a review via The Atlantic..
Saw it with my wife, and had a blast. Funniest movie I've seen this year. I did feel bad for the 70 year old couple in front of us who left midway through. I don't think they knew what kind of movie they were getting into. But I'm always of the mind that knowing what a director has done previously is a good predictor to how a movie is going to play out.

Scorpion, you surely didn't think this was going to be a PG13 comedy, considering what Judd Apatow has made in the past, did you?
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1