Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
American Express

Transfer Amex Membership Rewards points to Aeroplan and get 25% extra points

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2011 12:34 am
Tags:
None
Dec 7, 2008
677 posts
139 upvotes
darksith31 wrote: I'm a little torn on what to redeem my Aeroplan points for (totally off topic).

I have roughly 85000 points. Is it worth it to use them on flights, considering I have to pay taxes on them from what I've read? Or should I redeem them for about $600 worth of GC's from FS or Costco? This is a really tough decision lol.
For 80,000 points you can fly BUSINESS CLASS to Europe - which could be a $6000 value. Just stay off of AC Metal.

For all of you arguing the use of Aeroplan points, STOP. There are AMAZING flight redemption possibilities with Aeroplan, where you can get a $20 - $30 THOUSAND dollar around the world FIRST class flight for a couple hundred in taxes and 120-140K aeroplan points. This is not the forum for that. If you want to know how, go learn at flyertalk.com
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
1554 posts
182 upvotes
darksith31 wrote: I'm a little torn on what to redeem my Aeroplan points for (totally off topic).

I have roughly 85000 points. Is it worth it to use them on flights, considering I have to pay taxes on them from what I've read? Or should I redeem them for about $600 worth of GC's from FS or Costco? This is a really tough decision lol.
Wow... imo, trading 85000 points for $600 in GC's is a total waste. Your points are easily worth triple that amount in flight redemption. Go see the world damnit!
Dec 11, 2009
44 posts
1 upvote
was this a one-time thing or does it usually happen once a year?
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
26763 posts
9333 upvotes
where I belong
jacob05 wrote: was this a one-time thing or does it usually happen once a year?
Nobody knows

I have had Aeroplan/AMEX for many years and only saw this for the 1st time (and took advantage with the AMEX Business Gold 25000 pts bonus)

I think it's one-time for 2009, but I hope it'll be every-year (like the 50% BA points promotion)
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
3196 posts
30 upvotes
jerryhung wrote: Nobody knows

I have had Aeroplan/AMEX for many years and only saw this for the 1st time (and took advantage with the AMEX Business Gold 25000 pts bonus)

I think it's one-time for 2009, but I hope it'll be every-year (like the 50% BA points promotion)

No promo in 2011 :confused:
HEATWARE 47+ : BST 27+ : EBAY 212+ (links on request)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)