Students

Transfer Application UBC University

[OP]
Dec 19, 2017
2 posts

Transfer Application UBC University

Hellooo

I currently study at Heriot-Watt University in Dubai and it is British based. I am a first year Bsc Psychology student and I am interested in transferring to University of British Colombia for my second year. I was wondering whether anyone has any experience with the application process. I have started and I am a bit confused as the process is very short and just require my name, address and which school i go to... and just seems very odd to me.
4 replies
Aug 15, 2017
60 posts
14 upvotes
shanaft wrote: Hellooo

I currently study at Heriot-Watt University in Dubai and it is British based. I am a first year Bsc Psychology student and I am interested in transferring to University of British Colombia for my second year. I was wondering whether anyone has any experience with the application process. I have started and I am a bit confused as the process is very short and just require my name, address and which school i go to... and just seems very odd to me.
Why are you considering coming to UBC?
[OP]
Dec 19, 2017
2 posts
Id like to further my studies in Canada, so why not choose one of the best universities there?
Mar 6, 2015
733 posts
50 upvotes
shanaft wrote: Id like to further my studies in Canada, so why not choose one of the best universities there?
I see two flaws. Engaging students care their studies, I assume. So if I were you, what do you expect considering coming to UBC to further your studies in Canada?
Secondly, is picking the university that you consider one of the best going to help further your studies in Canada? On this forum, colleges have been under consideration too but as you are a first year bsc psychology student, I assume you want to finish your Bsc in psychology in Canada. This assumption can be a underlying reason for your sentence.
Anyhow in your sentence, your want of going further your studies in Canada automatically means choosing one university on your perceived list of the best ones in Canada. I do not see that automatic link.

For myself, I cannot help more in this discussion as this topic involves international students yet as the readers may already notice, my perception in this reply is domestic.

Enjoy your time in Canada if you do come. Bye.
If the post or comment helps or delights you, please CLICK that LIKE BUTTON!😃
Meiji: Ambassador Swanbeck, I have concluded that your treaty is NOT in the best interests of my people. So sorry, but you may not.
Swanbeck: This is an outrage!
Feb 16, 2017
361 posts
348 upvotes
http://you.ubc.ca/applying-ubc/how-to-apply/

Basically, if your university is recognized by UBC, they may consider your GPA/Courses you have taken at that university. Else, they will consider your high school courses/GPA if your high school is recognized. Else, you will need to go to a college in Vancouver to take courses that will let you transfer into UBC.

Application deadline is January 15.