Expired Hot Deals

Transfer Hotel points to Aeroplan and get 20% more. Up to 5K pts per hotel chain

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 28th, 2011 9:06 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
11645 posts
3100 upvotes
Kingston

Transfer Hotel points to Aeroplan and get 20% more. Up to 5K pts per hotel chain

NOTE: YOU MUST REGISTER FOR THIS PROMOTION WITH AEROPLAN BEFORE TRANSFERRING POINTS!!!!

Promotion web page

From Aeroplan's promotion page:

Get even closer to the rewards you want by converting and earning thousands of bonus miles with our limited time offer!

Between March 14 and April 30, 2011, register and earn up to 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles for EACH of the participating partners by converting their loyalty points to Aeroplan Miles. Better yet, you can earn this bonus again and again - once with every partner program*:

Convert points to 5,000 miles, get 1,000 miles bonus
Convert points to 10,000 miles, get 2,000 miles bonus
Convert points to 25,000 miles, get 5,000 miles bonus

To take advantage of this incredible offer, register your Aeroplan Number above and convert the loyalty points of the participating hotel loyalty programs.

The more points you convert, the more miles you bank toward unforgettable rewards!

Hurry! This promotion ends April 30!

Eligible programs:

Best Western International® - Best Western Rewards®
Carlson(SM) Hotels Worldwide - Goldpoints PlusSM
Choice Hotels® - Choice Privileges®
Coast Hotels & Resorts - Coast Rewards
Hilton Worldwide® - Hilton HHonors™
Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® - Hyatt Gold Passport™
InterContinental® Hotels Group - Priority Club® Rewards
Marriott® International - Marriott Rewards®
Starwood Hotels & Resorts - Starwood Preferred Guest®
Wyndham® Worldwide - Wyndham Rewards®

Details:
* Maximum 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles can be earned per participating partner loyalty program per Aeroplan Member. Aeroplan Miles per loyalty program will be issued by Aeroplan as follows: 1,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be deposited into the registered member's account when the total Aeroplan Miles earned by converting points from that partners program is at least 5,000 Aeroplan Miles; or 2,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be deposited into the registered member's account when the total Aeroplan Miles earned by converting points from that partner's program is at least 10,000 Aeroplan Miles; or 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be deposited into the registered member's account when the total Aeroplan Miles earned by converting points from that partner's program is 25,000 Aeroplan Miles or more. Bonus offer valid only on eligible post-stay conversions made with the hotel loyalty program between March 14 and April 30, 2011. Bonus miles will be credited into the member's account by Aeroplan up to eight weeks from the date the member makes his/her request with the partner.
37 replies
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
11645 posts
3100 upvotes
Kingston
For the SPG program, if you transfer 20,000 SPG points, this results in 25,000 points to Aeroplan, which gets you another 5,000 points from this offer.

Just did my own transfer of SPG points.

EDIT: Just to remove any lingering doubt, I transferred 20K SPG pts to Aeroplan and netted 30K pts. It did take a few days for the Aeroplan bonus pts to post after the SPG pts arrived.
May 30, 2006
248 posts
77 upvotes
Yeah, if you are at or near 20000 spg points, this is a deal not to miss.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2001
1727 posts
558 upvotes
GMA
Good deal. I have a small amount of American Airlines AAdvantage points that are about to expire and since I'm no longer flying AA, my only way out was to transfer them to Aeroplan through Hilton HHonors points. Now I can double my reward level.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
11645 posts
3100 upvotes
Kingston
Thanh wrote: Good deal. I have a small amount of American Airlines AAdvantage points that are about to expire and since I'm no longer flying AA, my only way out was to transfer them to Aeroplan through Hilton HHonors points. Now I can double my reward level.

Could you explain how to do this? I have AA points that I would prefer to be in Aeroplan if I could transfer them at little loss or even a gain.

EDIT: Looks like
10K AA pts >>> 20K HH pts http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/poi ... rpoints.do
20K HH pts >>> 2K Aeroplan pts http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/poi ... ormiles.do

So to hit the minimum level where you'd get bonus points from Aeroplan, you'd need to transfer 25K AA pts to net 6K Aeroplan pts.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
24403 posts
196057 upvotes
GTA
bfr wrote: Yeah, if you are at or near 20000 spg points, this is a deal not to miss.

Obviously only if you plan to redeem for flights. The non-flight redemption values are outrageous!
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
24403 posts
196057 upvotes
GTA
JWL wrote: For the SPG program, if you transfer 20,000 SPG points, this results in 25,000 points to Aeroplan, which gets you another 5,000 points from this offer.

If you get the standard 5K bonus from SPG as well (i.e. resulting in a total of 30K points) this could be a really hot deal! (to use for flights anyway)

EDIT: If you are seeing the total as 25K now, the bonus is most likely from SPG. The fine print on the Aeroplan promotion says it will take up to 8 weeks to credit the extra 5K.
May 30, 2006
248 posts
77 upvotes
toguy wrote: Obviously only if you plan to redeem for flights. The non-flight redemption values are outrageous!

absolutely. For flights only.

There is a part of me that worries that we won't get both 5000 bonuses...
Apr 10, 2008
498 posts
431 upvotes
Toronto
Make sure you are aware of redemption rates....

This promotion takes into the final conversion INTO miles FIRST, then you can get the bonus.

For example, with Goldpoints Plus (raddison):

2000 points = 250 Miles
6000 points = 750 miles

If you transferred only the 6000 points you WILL NOT get the bonus. You need to redeem about 50,000 Goldpoints first (8,000 miles) then you'd see the bonus.
Apr 14, 2009
329 posts
73 upvotes
bfr wrote: absolutely. For flights only.

There is a part of me that worries that we won't get both 5000 bonuses...

You do, I got it the last time they did this promo. In aeroplan, you see conversion of 25,000 (even though only 20,000 in SPG was spent) and a separate entry for the bonus
Apr 14, 2009
329 posts
73 upvotes
JWL wrote: For the SPG program, if you transfer 20,000 SPG points, this results in 25,000 points to Aeroplan, which gets you another 5,000 points from this offer.

Did you get an email with this offer? Its not in the aeroplan site
Apr 14, 2009
329 posts
73 upvotes
JWL wrote: Yes I did get an email, but it is on the Aeroplan site. Just click the link in the OP.

This *may* be a targeted offer. When you click on the link it shows up, but after you register, you get the message that some offers are targeted and only those that receive an email are eligible for the bonus. The message doesn't confirm or deny whether this promo is one of them as it is a generic message.

When I sign in and click promotions, it doesn't appear there either.

I signed up and will try it anyways, have tons of SPG points to transfer over and if it works, 5000 bonus is pretty good.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2007
2165 posts
29 upvotes
Mississauga
Should I transfer 25K spg or 20k? If the 5k bonus from spg shows up separate than it would only mean you transferred for 20K points and you'd get 2k not 5k bonus, if that makes sense?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2007
2165 posts
29 upvotes
Mississauga
GQ001 wrote: You do, I got it the last time they did this promo. In aeroplan, you see conversion of 25,000 (even though only 20,000 in SPG was spent) and a separate entry for the bonus

Transferring 20k of spg always gets 25k aeroplan, the additional 5k should be from aeroplan for 30k total. How many did you get 25k or 30k?
Apr 14, 2009
329 posts
73 upvotes
CSIFan29 wrote: Transferring 20k of spg always gets 25k aeroplan, the additional 5k should be from aeroplan for 30k total. How many did you get 25k or 30k?

The last time they ran the promo, I transferred 20K SPG. When it came on my aeroplan account, it showed as 25K aeroplan coming in, and then a separate bonus of 1500
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2008
3854 posts
374 upvotes
Thanked OP, hopefully I'll receive the bonus pts from transferring! Much appreciated :D
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
11645 posts
3100 upvotes
Kingston
g0blez wrote:Can you transfer from a single SPG account into two distinct aeroplan accounts (mine and spouse) and get all bonuses? I don't see it listed under the conditions...

It says: Maximum 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles can be earned per participating partner loyalty program per Aeroplan Member.

I think that means each Aeroplan member can get up to 5K bonus pts per per participating partner loyalty program.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)