Expired Hot Deals

Transfer Marriott Point to Aeroplan 35% bonus (Great deal for Amex Cobalt), Mini Aeroplan Guide in OP, Expire June 26

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2019 2:34 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2004
2565 posts
8 upvotes
there it is, thanks
xx1what wrote: For cobalt -> Marriott, on amex side.

Travel -> Frequent traveler participants

Here you find Marriott.
5MR S to 6 Marriott
50k MRS to 60k Marriott

Then for Marriott to aeroplan
go to the link above.
currently in toronto
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3354 posts
766 upvotes
SUPERMAN-01 wrote: its actually MRS ( cobalt points is separate from MR ) gold, etc
Ohh, that makes more sense - I don't have a Cobalt card so I didn't realize. I couldn't figure out why anyone would voluntarily go that route and lose 16k AP lol.

Interesting that MRS has a different redemption rate than MR when transferring.
Jan 12, 2007
282 posts
53 upvotes
xx1what wrote: This is the reason why I wrote:

United is one of the best carriers to redeem.
They only charge 1/3 or less of total fees, compared to air canada.
What do you have to do ? 1) sign up for United points 2) convert Mariott to Aeroplan 3) Convert Aeroplan to United?
or you just saying collect United points instead of Aeroplan? Presuming all Air Canada partners allow for United accumulation
[OP]
Aug 5, 2018
488 posts
641 upvotes
vancdeals wrote: What do you have to do ? 1) sign up for United points 2) convert Mariott to Aeroplan 3) Convert Aeroplan to United?
or you just saying collect United points instead of Aeroplan? Presuming all Air Canada partners allow for United accumulation
None of the above.

You literally go to aeroplan.com
search, and select united flights instead of air canada flights.

(All available star alliance flights show up, also including ANA, Lufthansa, Asiana, EVA air, just to name a few.)
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3354 posts
766 upvotes
vancdeals wrote: What do you have to do ? 1) sign up for United points 2) convert Mariott to Aeroplan 3) Convert Aeroplan to United?
Just redeem AP for United flights. United is Star Alliance.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
3017 posts
227 upvotes
Thanks OP, I think this is way better value than redeeming for hotel rooms on marriott. Everywhere I've looked seems to be 30-50K/night, which is way overpriced
I've done very well with Aeroplan free stopover program and avoiding taxes, so I'm going to transfer 60K
既生瑜,何生亮?

Ebay Feedback
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1161 posts
366 upvotes
Toronto, ON
depending on your carrier of choice, it may not be a bad idea to transfer to United directly .

Remember, you get 10% bonus for Marriott > UA transfer as a permanent perk. So there is only 25% difference compared to transfering to Aeroplan.
If you use UA MP miles on flights operated by AC, LH, etc. (with huge fuel surcharge if redeemed through aeroplan), you save a lot more in $$,
Last edited by ericw on Jun 20th, 2019 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
1501 posts
207 upvotes
Thanks, OP. I’m sitting on 36,000 Marriott points but am more keen to use Airbnb when travelling for recreation. This may be a better use of those points.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1110 posts
613 upvotes
Near You
Nice deal! Put in transfers from MRS to Bonvoy, hopefully they get there in time to take advantage of this offer.
Last edited by mistytalon on Jun 20th, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American Express Platinum + SCP ⬢ CIBC Aventura VIP ⬢ STACK ⬢ US Cards (Soon)™
TDCT All-inclusive ⬢ HSBC Premier ⬢ Tangerine ⬢ Motive
Fido 15GB/50$ ⬢ Google Fi ⬢ Novus 1GIG/60$
[OP]
Aug 5, 2018
488 posts
641 upvotes
mistytalon wrote: Nice deal! Put in transfers from MR and MRS to Bonvoy, hopefully they get there in time to take advantage of this offer.
Note that MR (from gold plat etc.) can transfer to aeroplan 1 to 1

Never transfer MR to bonvoy then to aeroplan, you lose a lot.
Only transfer MR-S (from cobalt) to bonvoy then to aeroplan.
Aug 22, 2011
278 posts
86 upvotes
Vancouver
Wish the promo was longer. It takes up to 5 business days according to AMEX to transfer from MR-S to Marriot Bonvoy
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1110 posts
613 upvotes
Near You
epinephrine wrote: Wish the promo was longer. It takes up to 5 business days according to AMEX to transfer from MR-S to Marriot Bonvoy
Good point, needed 2000 MR points to top off a 60K block.
American Express Platinum + SCP ⬢ CIBC Aventura VIP ⬢ STACK ⬢ US Cards (Soon)™
TDCT All-inclusive ⬢ HSBC Premier ⬢ Tangerine ⬢ Motive
Fido 15GB/50$ ⬢ Google Fi ⬢ Novus 1GIG/60$
Oct 24, 2011
593 posts
265 upvotes
Niagara Falls
epinephrine wrote: Wish the promo was longer. It takes up to 5 business days according to AMEX to transfer from MR-S to Marriot Bonvoy
Does it actually take up to 5 business days though? anyone has done this?
[OP]
Aug 5, 2018
488 posts
641 upvotes
mistytalon wrote: Good point, needed 2000 MR points to top off a 60K block.
ESJExplorer wrote: Does it actually take up to 5 business days though? anyone has done this?
From multiple datapoints, transfer is instant (same day).
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3354 posts
766 upvotes
mistytalon wrote: Nice deal! Put in transfers from MR and MRS to Bonvoy, hopefully they get there in time to take advantage of this offer.
Do not transfer from MR to Bonvoy to Aeroplan. You'll lose miles.
Last edited by hvc on Jun 20th, 2019 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.