Expired Hot Deals

Transfer Marriott Point to Aeroplan 35% bonus (Great deal for Amex Cobalt), Mini Aeroplan Guide in OP, Expire June 26

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2019 2:34 pm
[OP]
Aug 5, 2018
488 posts
641 upvotes
micowave wrote: Hello,

I have 51k in marriott points so missing 9k to get the 5k bonus in aeroplan. Is it worth it to buy the extra marriott points for 112.50USD for 9000 Points?

Or just give up the 5k bonus and transfer it, as I don't stay at marriott usually. Just got the points through credit cards.

Thanks for the suggestions.
mistytalon wrote: GDI I'm 3,144 points short of 60K chunk. What do?
john.canad wrote: Is it ever a good idea to transfer MR direct to Aeroplan?
If you are short of a few Marriott points, you can transfer some MR or MR-S (from cobalt) to Marriott.

In general, never transfer MR to marriott.

The best way to use MR is transfer 1 to1 to aeroplan.

MR Canada is in the fortunate position of having 1 to 1 transfer ratio to aeroplan.
Compare this to MR USA, which is harder to earn but still transfers to aeroplan 1 to 1.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3115 posts
926 upvotes
Vancouver
@xx1what just to confirm, I sent the transfer yesterday, but only just got an e-mail from Marriott today that they are processing the transfer... do I still qualify for the 35% bonus you think? My account was already deducted 60k yesterday as soon as I sent the transfer.
[OP]
Aug 5, 2018
488 posts
641 upvotes
john.canad wrote: @xx1what just to confirm, I sent the transfer yesterday, but only just got an e-mail from Marriott today that they are processing the transfer... do I still qualify for the 35% bonus you think? My account was already deducted 60k yesterday as soon as I sent the transfer.
If 35% doesn't show up in 6 weeks, you can contact aeroplan with your marriott activity history.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3115 posts
926 upvotes
Vancouver
xx1what wrote: If 35% doesn't show up in 6 weeks, you can contact aeroplan with your marriott activity history.
But technically speaking, as long as my transfer date shows June 26 on my Marriott activity history, I should be eligible, correct?
Jan 8, 2018
90 posts
37 upvotes
john.canad wrote: But technically speaking, as long as my transfer date shows June 26 on my Marriott activity history, I should be eligible, correct?
Yes, this should be true. I have received all my base points in aeroplan already. Took about 2 days to transfer from Bonvoy to Aeroplan. I'm just waiting for the bonus pts to show up.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
2765 posts
1035 upvotes
GTA
(Not so) patiently waiting for the bonus to post so I can book Asia J award....
Dec 11, 2003
209 posts
25 upvotes
flaming homer wrote: (Not so) patiently waiting for the bonus to post so I can book Asia J award....
Just saw the bonus points posted today. I did the transfer on Jun 20.
Dec 19, 2007
266 posts
46 upvotes
My bonus points were posted today as well. Did the transfer June 26th.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3115 posts
926 upvotes
Vancouver
Anarchy wrote: My bonus points were posted today as well. Did the transfer June 26th.
same