Cell Phones

Transfer your Roger's pay as you go account to 7-11 speakout?

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2015 11:20 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2009
2392 posts
461 upvotes

Transfer your Roger's pay as you go account to 7-11 speakout?

I been using Roger's PAYGO for yrs now and hardly uses my phone and the balance keep racking up with the $100 voucher that I bought for the 365 days. Is it possible to transfer your Roger's pay as you go account to 7-11 speakout and preserve your Roger's prepaid account balance? Have any one try that? It would be great if it possible because I would rather paid $20 to $50 voucher for 365 days instead of the $100.
11 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
1530 posts
375 upvotes
You cannot transfer your balance. If you port your number over you start fresh with speakout. They are two separate companies...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
8477 posts
3049 upvotes
Maple
Those 2 companies are different entities, Speakout uses Rogers infrastructure but it is different from Rogers.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2009
2392 posts
461 upvotes
slidxe wrote: You cannot transfer your balance. If you port your number over you start fresh with speakout. They are two separate companies...
Hmm. So there's no way to get some refund of the remaining balance from Rogers? I found this somewhere:
4. Preserving your Rogers pay as you go account balance. You will have to call Rogers and setup the $30 month-to-month plan and have Rogers cancel your pay as you go account and transfer the pay as you go balance to the monthly plan. When you port your number or cancel the monthly plan, Rogers will send you a refund cheque. Remember, you must port number to speakout first before canceling Rogers account if you want to keep your rogers number.
Do not take the contract option. Choose for them to bill you not take from your credit card. You want them to use the account balance to pay for the month-to-month and not credit card, obviously.
Does anyone know what exactly what this mean or if it's true. Or is this for the monthly pay as you go plan only?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
8477 posts
3049 upvotes
Maple
Rogers (or cell telcos) will give you some credits if you switch to monthly from prepaid.
LEXX911 wrote: Hmm. So there's no way to get some refund of the remaining balance from Rogers? I found this somewhere:

Does anyone know what exactly what this mean or if it's true. Or is this for the monthly pay as you go plan only?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2009
2392 posts
461 upvotes
I might buy this one instead and probably sell the phone and keep the sim card. The sim card from speakout should work with a Rogers or any unlock phone right? Does anyone know if that $100 voucher included come with a 365 days before being expired? http://www.speakout7eleven.ca/prepaid-c ... iquid-z220
teoconca wrote: Rogers (or cell telcos) will give you some credits if you switch to monthly from prepaid.
Yeah that's what I figure.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
8477 posts
3049 upvotes
Maple
Yep, Speakout $100 will have 365 days. Does it still offer bonus $25 for $100 voucher? I bought them with the bonus for the last 2 years.
LEXX911 wrote: I might buy this one instead and probably sell the phone and keep the sim card. The sim card from speakout should work with a Rogers or any unlock phone right? Does anyone know if that $100 voucher included come with a 365 days before being expired? http://www.speakout7eleven.ca/prepaid-c ... iquid-z220

Yeah that's what I figure.
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
24606 posts
6241 upvotes
where I belong
Best to sell Rogers # with balance for some $$

then start fresh with 7-11

All speakout voucher has 365 days expiry, $25 voucher too

Find a better phone elsewhere, you can't sell that phone for much, and if you top up $100, you'll have the same problem as Rogers again (not using it up by expiry)
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Platinum/Biz Plat 100K || Aeroplan Reserve 150K
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2009
2392 posts
461 upvotes
Yeah that's what I planning to do. Selling my sim and the balance. No, I'm not planning on spending $100 on a voucher. But if that crappy phone also come with a sim, number and the included $100 voucher(if that's what it is) for $39, it's a damn good bargain. Does anyone know if the phone you buy include a phone number activated or that you have to pay extra or separately?
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2067 posts
442 upvotes
Vancouver
LEXX911 wrote: Yeah that's what I planning to do. Selling my sim and the balance. No, I'm not planning on spending $100 on a voucher. But if that crappy phone also come with a sim, number and the included $100 voucher(if that's what it is) for $39, it's a damn good bargain. Does anyone know if the phone you buy include a phone number activated or that you have to pay extra or separately?
No the $39 does not include the $100 voucher.

The promo with Speakout is you will get the phone for $39 (instead of the regular $89) if you buy a $100 voucher.

So you will have to pay $139 in total to get the phone and the voucher.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2004
2142 posts
775 upvotes
Toronto
If you call Paygo customer support ask nicely they will take $100 of your current balance and apply it to a renewal for you.
I had built up a balance of almost $300 and have done this for the last 2 years. I'm down to about $80 and will probably donate the balance (mobilgiving.ca) before porting to 7-11 Speakout.
LRT: Let's Ruin Toronto
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2009
2392 posts
461 upvotes
libballeng wrote: No the $39 does not include the $100 voucher.

The promo with Speakout is you will get the phone for $39 (instead of the regular $89) if you buy a $100 voucher.

So you will have to pay $139 in total to get the phone and the voucher.
I guessed you're right. It didn't say that on this phone but it did say on the other phones.
joo wrote: If you call Paygo customer support ask nicely they will take $100 of your current balance and apply it to a renewal for you.
I had built up a balance of almost $300 and have done this for the last 2 years. I'm down to about $80 and will probably donate the balance (mobilgiving.ca) before porting to 7-11 Speakout.
Really? I will give this a try. Thanks.