• Last Updated:
  • Jun 22nd, 2018 4:12 pm
[OP]
Sep 3, 2009
861 posts
578 upvotes
Calgary

Transferring from PM to Koodo

Hi, I am moving my phone number from Public Mobile to Koodo as they send me a offer through text. I placed the SIM card order on their website on Monday 18th June, and still not received shipping confirmation as of Friday 22th June. My payment due day with PM is 24th June, which I do not want to pay for another 90 days, but I probably wont get the Koodo SIM card on time to active the service with Koodo. The question is, do I have to keep the service with PM active when I active with Koodo after I receive the SIM card? If I do, can I select the cheapest plan available from PM while waiting for the SIM card? Thank you guys.
2 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21042 posts
10551 upvotes
Oakville
You can't port to Koodo if your PM line is inactive. If your migration offer is specific to the plan you have right now, they MAY come back and tell you that you don't qualify for the new plan at Koodo.

Having said that, if you have a code, and you have to use your phone number to validate that code, and you already ordered the sim and plan *using* that code, you theoretically should be fine to just renew your PM plan on the cheapest plan available (the $10 30-day promo plan is the cheapest right now, yes?) and then port in as soon as you get your Koodo sim.

BUT, don't take my word for it. You're better off messaging the PM mods just to be sure.
[OP]
Sep 3, 2009
861 posts
578 upvotes
Calgary
wearysky wrote: You can't port to Koodo if your PM line is inactive. If your migration offer is specific to the plan you have right now, they MAY come back and tell you that you don't qualify for the new plan at Koodo.

Having said that, if you have a code, and you have to use your phone number to validate that code, and you already ordered the sim and plan *using* that code, you theoretically should be fine to just renew your PM plan on the cheapest plan available (the $10 30-day promo plan is the cheapest right now, yes?) and then port in as soon as you get your Koodo sim.

BUT, don't take my word for it. You're better off messaging the PM mods just to be sure.
This is the best possibility I can think right now, if it doesn't work, then I need to spend another $120 to keep my PM plan active, then it totally wipes out the saving from the transferring, also very frustrating on the Koodo services, very disappointing.