• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2022 6:10 pm
13 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13093 posts
4703 upvotes
Ontario
never heard of this brand & it looks cheap.

what year/model of car do you have? You can likely find higher quality for around the same price on Rockauto.com
quick90 wrote: Hi everyone, has anyone purchased these rotors? I'm debating putting them on my car - they are affordable.

https://transitinc.com/en/genius-coated ... nd-rotors/

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4626 posts
4879 upvotes
GTA
I like my Raybestos Element3 coated rotors. They still look like new after 2 years.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2015
2571 posts
3475 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Buy a set of Centric coated rotors and stay away from the chinesium garbage.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33243 posts
15057 upvotes
Yeah ummm....don't uh, don't buy this stuff.
Feb 7, 2017
176 posts
217 upvotes
I bought them last year a full set for my Nissan along with Wagner pads. Rotors have help up really well and barely ANY rust on them after one winter. I would buy them again. They also came really nicely boxed.
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12427 posts
2145 upvotes
GTA
mxthor3 wrote: Buy a set of Centric coated rotors and stay away from the chinesium garbage.
this. centric for me too
May 12, 2014
969 posts
765 upvotes
Markham, ON
MOBB416 wrote: I bought them last year a full set for my Nissan along with Wagner pads. Rotors have help up really well and barely ANY rust on them after one winter. I would buy them again. They also came really nicely boxed.
Are you referring to Genius G-Coated rotors?
And how are they holding up?

An auto parts store said these are their better rotors, I think as compared to the non coated ones. I can't find any reviews online.

I did try to listen to the people on this thread about not buying made in China rotors, but on looking at Amazon, all of the rotors available for my car are made in China. Wagner, ACDelco, Power Stop, Max Brakes, Raybestos and Centric, all made in China.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33243 posts
15057 upvotes
Bobberts wrote: I did try to listen to the people on this thread about not buying made in China rotors, but on looking at Amazon, all of the rotors available for my car are made in China. Wagner, ACDelco, Power Stop, Max Brakes, Raybestos and Centric, all made in China.
They are, but many of those are better than "Transit Genius" brake rotors, lol. Many of these companies are tried/true names in brakes; ask yourself when you ever heard of "Transit" brakes outside the TTC LOL. Also stay away from "Max Brakes". Most of the other companies do have coated rotors in their premium lines, stick with something like that.

Powerstop with the Geomet are good; as are Raybestos Element3.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
2203 posts
1253 upvotes
Vancouver
Never heard of this brand so I'd stay away.

Installed a set of Powerstop pads and rotors on my wife's car and a set of Stoptech pads and rotors on my car last month. Both have performed excellent, as good if not better stopping power and brake feel as OE. Centric is the affordable version of Stoptech and is priced along the lines of Powerstop.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
18610 posts
6030 upvotes
London
"Transit" is an auto parts distributor like NAPA

"Genius" is the brand of brake rotor at Transit
similar to "Adaptive One" is the brand of brake rotor at NAPA

The Transit rotors are likely made under private label contract by one of the big brake companies
Jul 3, 2017
186 posts
289 upvotes
I replaced warped OEM front rotors of '17 MDX with these. Used them for 1.5 years and holding up fine. No issues with vibration, stops well, and just starting to see bits of rust around vent holes. It survived mountain driving from Calgary and Vancouver and back a couple of times. Would I buy them again? You bet. I got them through Partsavatar for $120/pair.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15162 posts
6231 upvotes
RFD
l69norm wrote: "Transit" is an auto parts distributor like NAPA

"Genius" is the brand of brake rotor at Transit
similar to "Adaptive One" is the brand of brake rotor at NAPA

The Transit rotors are likely made under private label contract by one of the big brake companies
Thanks for posting real info here on the brand /product instead of others just blindly calling Chinesium garbage

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)