transporting a 84" x 52" window from TO to Ottawa

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2019 12:46 pm
[OP]
Feb 7, 2006
399 posts
89 upvotes

transporting a 84" x 52" window from TO to Ottawa

anybody know of a company that will transport a big window (84" x 52") from Toronto to Ottawa? The manufacturer no longer sells in Ottawa, so I have to go to Mississauga to pick up directly.

I guess I can rent a cargo van but the cargo van rental would be at least $250 plus 12 hours of my time.

thanks,
7 replies
Feb 5, 2019
109 posts
119 upvotes
Have you contacted the company to see what shipping that window would cost? It seems pretty ridiculous to drive 12 hours for it.

What makes that window so unique that it cannot be replicated locally?
[OP]
Feb 7, 2006
399 posts
89 upvotes
they don't offer delivery.
the windows from the rest of house are made from that manufacturer. I just want the windows to look the same.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2007
6728 posts
3027 upvotes
Paris
Roonis wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 11:12 am
the windows from the rest of house are made from that manufacturer. I just want the windows to look the same.
They don’t have dealers anywhere but in Mississauga? I would have thought they have a dealer near Ottawa you could have picked it up at.

For an LTL load with a trucking company, as a one time thing, you are looking way north of $300.
For sale: Ego 56V 5aH batteries, BNIB
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ego-law ... h-2294293/
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7414 posts
2652 upvotes
Markham
Try Enterprise truck rental...I think the rates are better than the $250. Not sure if they do one way rentals if that's your need. Perhaps you got a mini Toronto vacation in your horizon.

https://www.enterprisetrucks.ca/truckrental/en_CA.html

I actually know someone who might be moving stuff to Ottawa from Toronto...they might be persuaded to transport it for $250. Similarly, you could post ad in Kijiji to see if there are people going back and forth.
Last edited by gr8dlr on Jun 25th, 2019 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2334 posts
285 upvotes
Roonis wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 11:12 am
unless its some really extreme unique windows, most other manufactures windows look pretty much the same, you get to choose trims, panes, etc
[OP]
Feb 7, 2006
399 posts
89 upvotes
Jerico wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 11:56 am
They don’t have dealers anywhere but in Mississauga? I would have thought they have a dealer near Ottawa you could have picked it up at.

For an LTL load with a trucking company, as a one time thing, you are looking way north of $300.
thank you, I figured it would would be very expensive.
There are no dealers in Ottawa (not anymore). I called the manufacturer, Venmar Windows, and it looks like they don't sell through dealers anymore, even in Toronto or Mtl.