• Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2022 12:28 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2014
1286 posts
1738 upvotes

TransUnion Consumer Disclosure new feature

For some reason i went to the TransUnion Consumer Disclosure website and noticed that in order to view one's report, you now need to create a profile. So okay, went ahead with the multi-step process to verify my identity, similar to the experience with the old system when requesting a copy of the report. Once done, you end up with a user name (your email address) and password. The beauty of the new system is you can log in quickly to view your report as often as you wish, file a dispute and interestingly add, or remove alerts for creditors on your file. Sadly, they still don't offer a credit score unless you're willing to pay for it, that may not be the case for QC residents.

https://secure-ocs.transunion.ca/secureocs/home.html
39 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
2372 posts
1767 upvotes
Montreal, QC
flyjazz wrote: For some reason i went to the TransUnion Consumer Disclosure website and noticed that in order to view one's report, you now need to create a profile. So okay, went ahead with the multi-step process to verify my identity, similar to the experience with the old system when requesting a copy of the report. Once done, you end up with a user name (your email address) and password. The beauty of the new system is you can log in quickly to view your report as often as you wish, file a dispute and interestingly add, or remove alerts for creditors on your file. Sadly, they still don't offer a credit score unless you're willing to pay for it, that may not be the case for QC residents.

https://secure-ocs.transunion.ca/secureocs/home.html
Thanks.

Not sure if it is the case but I'm a Quebec resident and I don't believe that the credit score is limited to just Quebec residents (but it might be like you've indicated).

The credit score in the customer disclosure isn't in an "obvious" place like the first few pages but it is after the section "Account Review Inquiries:"
Capture.JPG
May 29, 2018
50 posts
34 upvotes
The score section is not available in my disclosure. BC resident here.
Sep 12, 2019
79 posts
115 upvotes
No score, Ontario resident here. The website also looks terrible compared to the CreditView you get at banks like RBC. TransUnion should have just rolled that out to everyone, but at least it works and one can obtain the report.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2018
4977 posts
1457 upvotes
does it matter?
OP not sure what is going on there but we need to register it right? Why do they want CC?
Tried new coffee and doughnut. Found same old stale thing. expected bill of six bucks but it was 600 million. Big mistake so the guy said don't worry it is on the house. going back to McD.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
2372 posts
1767 upvotes
Montreal, QC
callernamet wrote: OP not sure what is going on there but we need to register it right? Why do they want CC?
They want a credit card in case you want to pay/purchase the full report or a paid product/service (i.e. they want something on file for the purchase)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2014
1286 posts
1738 upvotes
callernamet wrote: OP not sure what is going on there but we need to register it right? Why do they want CC?
I never had to enter a CC to complete the profile. It's likely optional if you want to purchase additional products and services.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2018
4977 posts
1457 upvotes
does it matter?
lmcjipo wrote: They want a credit card in case you want to pay/purchase the full report (i.e. they want something on file for the purchase)
hmm. But I do not want t purchase. I could not go beyond because of CC. May be they use CC as one more identification. So what is next screen after entering CC?
Does it say OK now get your free report or what?
Also didn't they used to give free without any registration? I remember I have it. edit: I just checked and I have one exactly a month before. I have no problem registering with CC as long as I get free report.
Tried new coffee and doughnut. Found same old stale thing. expected bill of six bucks but it was 600 million. Big mistake so the guy said don't worry it is on the house. going back to McD.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2014
1286 posts
1738 upvotes
callernamet wrote: hmm. But I do not want t purchase. I could not go beyond because of CC. May be they use CC as one more identification. So what is next screen after entering CC?
Does it say OK now get your free report or what?
Also didn't they used to give free without any registration? I remember I have it. edit: I just checked and I have one exactly a month before. I have no problem registering with CC as long as I get free report.
Make sure you're selecting Consumer Disclosure, not Credit Report when enrolling to create a profile. Credit Reports are not free, whereas the Consumer Disclosure is.

https://www.transunion.ca/product/consumer-disclosure
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2018
4977 posts
1457 upvotes
does it matter?
flyjazz wrote: Make sure you're selecting Consumer Disclosure, not Credit Report when enrolling to create a profile. Credit Reports are not free, whereas the Consumer Disclosure is.

OK Thanks for info. I will register it with CC then.
Mar 3, 2018
49 posts
43 upvotes
San Francisco, Calif…
Thank you OP! I couldn't get access to my consumer disclosure online the old way, but I was able to verify my identity with this account.
San Francisco Bay Area, USA - Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Hong Kong
Koodo $40 / 6GB, Telus $60 / 25GB
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
9289 posts
10525 upvotes
The Prairies
flyjazz wrote: Sadly, they still don't offer a credit score unless you're willing to pay for it
Sadly, even if they did give you a score with it, it would likely be the same one that’s available for free by Credit Karma, RBC, BMO and ScotiaBank.
All of these show you CreditVision Risk Score, which is just another educational score, and not likely used by any lenders.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
2372 posts
1767 upvotes
Montreal, QC
lmcjipo wrote: Thanks.

Not sure if it is the case but I'm a Quebec resident and I don't believe that the credit score is limited to just Quebec residents (but it might be like you've indicated).

The credit score in the customer disclosure isn't in an "obvious" place like the first few pages but it is after the section "Account Review Inquiries:"

Capture.JPG
I just wanted to add to my post which is if viewing the online consumer disclosure as opposed to downloading the consumer disclosure, it actually does state that Quebec residents will see their credit score online.
Capture.JPG

If you click that you want to see your credit score, it will bring you to a "pay" page. For Quebec residents if viewing the customer disclosure online, you just need to scroll up above the "Download or print your full Customer Disclosure (PDF)" section and there will be a section "TransUnion CreditVision® Risk Score:"
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2018
4977 posts
1457 upvotes
does it matter?
flyjazz wrote: Make sure you're selecting Consumer Disclosure, not Credit Report when enrolling to create a profile. Credit Reports are not free, whereas the Consumer Disclosure is.

OK. I just created userid. Thanks
It did not ask me credit card but lots of other questions.
which I think they used to do it before. Like employer name, credit-card issuers, phone number, address, phone provider and last one was SIN. Yes they have it.

No Score. I think in last year they used to give and they were higher than equifax. Now even equifax is so high.

And yes if you want score then click on pay tab and may be the CC details.
Apr 12, 2005
84 posts
14 upvotes
852HKtse wrote: Thank you OP! I couldn't get access to my consumer disclosure online the old way, but I was able to verify my identity with this account.
Same here. Thank you OP!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
8685 posts
4922 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Weird... with same link to consumer disclosure when I click on Sign Up I get credit card screen on one computer and no credit card screen on another computer!!

TU and EQ don't want to make it easy for free reports!!
2022: BOC raised 6 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017 to 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2018
4977 posts
1457 upvotes
does it matter?
I have not noticed this before. Or even bothered to check.

To promote our online fraud potential service sign-up is free for a limited time
ADD potential FRAUD warning
ADD SIN warning
ADD potential FRAUD and SIN warning
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2014
1286 posts
1738 upvotes
callernamet wrote: I have not noticed this before. Or even bothered to check.

To promote our online fraud potential service sign-up is free for a limited time
ADD potential FRAUD warning
ADD SIN warning
ADD potential FRAUD and SIN warning
Logged in and thought why not, this is RFD after all and free is good. Signed up for the service and this was the response after it was processed:

" A fraud warning has been added and will remain on your credit file for a period of 6 years. A SIN alert has also been added and will remain flagged for a period of 12 months. "

Edit: I should add that these features can be turned on and off. Here's the response when you remove the fraud alert:

" Both your fraud warning and SIN alert have been removed. "
Oct 12, 2006
378 posts
24 upvotes
Thanks OP - finally able to verify my identity online again instead of trying to call in and being super frustrated by their terrible system.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
6916 posts
4320 upvotes
I can’t register because I think they have my address moved when I actually didn’t. Maybe I should use the wrong address to register?