Expired Hot Deals

[TransUnion] TransUnion - FREE Dark web monitoring and ID theft insurance (due to LifeLabs breach)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 1st, 2020 2:14 am
[OP]
Jun 14, 2011
547 posts
536 upvotes
Richmond Hill

TransUnion - FREE Dark web monitoring and ID theft insurance (due to LifeLabs breach)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
TransUnion
LifeLabs just got hit by a cyberattack and are now offering any customer who is concerned about this incident to receive one free year of protection that includes dark web monitoring and identity theft insurance with TransUnion.

Just call the customer service line - 1-888-918-0467 and ask for the unique activation code. You do have to answer a couple of basic questions like if you have ever used there service in the last 10 years, etc.
No need for verification of customers so it's for anyone. When I called there was literally no wait time.

Also going to wait for a class action to get a few dollars in 5 years.
Thread Summary
Official site for class action lawsuit
https://www.lifelabsclassaction15m.com/
274 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
1416 posts
145 upvotes
I've used LifeLabs services a few times over the last couple years and would like these added security measures. When I called they took down my name and number and said it would be forwarded to a supervisor.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
4152 posts
2849 upvotes
Any customer who is concerned about this incident can receive one free year of protection that includes dark web monitoring and identity theft insurance.

Yours sincerely,

Charles Brown

President and CEO
LifeLabs

Good grief!
Jul 23, 2018
424 posts
143 upvotes
I just called and was given a code. Asked for another for my partner and they said it's the same one. So much for being unique.

How/where is this code applied? She gave me 3 different phone numbers and didn't know what to do with them.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
6545 posts
5725 upvotes
OongaLoonga wrote: I just called and was given a code. Asked for another for my partner and they said it's the same one. So much for being unique.

How/where is this code applied? She gave me 3 different phone numbers and didn't know what to do with them.
If it's not a unique code do you mind paying it here to help others not waste anyone's time calling in?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2097 posts
1004 upvotes
Montreal
Why is this hot?

TransUnion themselved hacked not too long ago. LINK

I would not touch this with a 10ft pole.Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Mar 4, 2014
26 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
Called and got signed up in 5 minutes. They ask if you're from Ontario, British Columbia or New Brunswick??
Jul 23, 2018
424 posts
143 upvotes
Gtaphotog wrote: If it's not a unique code do you mind paying it here to help others not waste anyone's time calling in?
Will do once I'm able to figure out how to use the code. The agent didn't seem too knowledgeable so don't want to give it away just yet.
[OP]
Jun 14, 2011
547 posts
536 upvotes
Richmond Hill
OongaLoonga wrote: I just called and was given a code. Asked for another for my partner and they said it's the same one. So much for being unique.

http://mytrueidentity.ca/
Apr 26, 2007
56 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
williamsauga wrote: Why is this hot?

TransUnion themselved hacked not too long ago. LINK

I would not touch this with a 10ft pole.Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
i was thinking the exact same thing
Jul 23, 2018
424 posts
143 upvotes
OongaLoonga wrote: Will do once I'm able to figure out how to use the code. The agent didn't seem too knowledgeable so don't want to give it away just yet.
This activation code has already been used in our system and we are unable to provide you access to myTrueIdentity.

So much for that. Silly agent!
Oct 15, 2018
194 posts
71 upvotes
Super Smooth ! thanks OP. Got 2 codes (both different) for me & my wife.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2016
1607 posts
727 upvotes
BC
Called the number in OP and CS said transunion is updating the activation code so if I could just call again after 24 hours...
Sep 8, 2008
238 posts
64 upvotes
Vancouver, Canada
People have no idea what irreparable damage has been done. If I am not wrong the hackers could loot billions by selling to prospective health biz cos.
If this topic seems to benefit RFDers then Upvote the original post by clicking on Upvote button located next to the topic title on top section of the post.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2004
2024 posts
620 upvotes
Toronto
So we enter our information into Transunion... which will then inevitably get hacked.
That how this works?
LRT: Let's Ruin Toronto
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2097 posts
1004 upvotes
Montreal

They were breached in October and waited months before releasing it, WOW.

Good Luck Everybody!, LOL
Last edited by williamsauga on Dec 17th, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
4506 posts
2134 upvotes
Toronto
xXKEIXx wrote: LifeLabs just got hit by a cyberattack and are now offering any customer who is concerned about this incident to receive one free year of protection that includes dark web monitoring and identity theft insurance with TransUnion.
LifeLabs has 2 separate logins. 1 for appointments and 1 for results. Any idea which was affected or both?

@xXKEIXx I suggest you X-post this in Personal Finance personal-finance-f41/ where a majority of free credit monitoring due to breaches have been historically posted.

Upvoted for the heads up. Does anybody know if one is already getting free / paid monitoring with TU how to add this one year free on to an existing account?
Following the advice of the Health Experts - I will consider voting for Dougie @ 12:01 AM, five days after the next provincial election.
Apr 20, 2017
241 posts
313 upvotes
Montreal
joo wrote: So we enter our information into Transunion... which will then inevitably get hacked.
That how this works?
TransUnion, just like Equifax already has all your info.
most things haven't worked out

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)