Travel Insurance Issue

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2023 3:33 pm
[OP]
Mar 26, 2004
734 posts
593 upvotes

Travel Insurance Issue

My son had to go the hospital a few weeks ago while travelling in the US, my wife and I should both have medical coverage. I contacted mine while away and they coordinated our visit to the hospital and was told I am covered

Now I have the pleasure of a $1250 US bill that says insurance covered their portion and now this is the balance ( this could be generic wording on the bill, it also says it might get a separate bill from the hospital or vice versa the doctor. Has anyone had to deal with this before ?
3 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2004
4979 posts
575 upvotes
Victoria
That's probably the deductible.
Not a political sig
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4574 posts
3506 upvotes
Edmonton
Dealsniffer wrote: My son had to go the hospital a few weeks ago while travelling in the US, my wife and I should both have medical coverage. I contacted mine while away and they coordinated our visit to the hospital and was told I am covered

Now I have the pleasure of a $1250 US bill that says insurance covered their portion and now this is the balance ( this could be generic wording on the bill, it also says it might get a separate bill from the hospital or vice versa the doctor. Has anyone had to deal with this before ?
The insurance company doesn’t pay the inflated U.S. pricing (gouging). Forward the bill to the insurance company and forget about it.

Is the bill even itemized?
[OP]
Mar 26, 2004
734 posts
593 upvotes
My insurance company said I have to fill out the claim form and send everything to them to pay. The bill also said hospital and doctor bill separately so more could still come. This "should" be a non issue

We shall see what happens.