• Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2019 11:29 am
[OP]
Banned
Apr 23, 2018
37 posts
9 upvotes

Travel outside Canada but near by vacation location

Hi, I want to spend 3-5 days vacation time in July in any place with less budget. I want to travel outside the country with 3-5 hrs travel from Airplane. Which place will be the cheapest and wonderful to spend some time with 2 kids (11 and 9 yr). Please give me some ideas so I can plan with less budget.
9 replies
Apr 19, 2017
932 posts
755 upvotes
Go to Varadero Cuba with Sunwing

www.sunwing.ca

-economical
-3-5 hour flight

Dont forget to buy travel insurance.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2579 posts
1765 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
DavidWatson wrote: Hi, I want to spend 3-5 days vacation time in July in any place with less budget. I want to travel outside the country with 3-5 hrs travel from Airplane. Which place will be the cheapest and wonderful to spend some time with 2 kids (11 and 9 yr). Please give me some ideas so I can plan with less budget.
July (especially) prices are high given all the kids are out of school and many people use vacation time.

What is your budget like ($ amount) as that would help us help you.
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
13661 posts
7794 upvotes
Toronto
what does "less budget" mean?

And traveling 3-5 hours by plane to spend only 3-5 days hardly seems worth it.
Last edited by Swerny on May 10th, 2019 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Banned
Apr 23, 2018
37 posts
9 upvotes
$3000-$4000 OR How much will be minimum budget for the trip if you suggest. My just concern to minimize the budget if I can to save the money
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4315 upvotes
San Diego, CA wins hands down for what you're looking for.... take kids to the San Diego Zoo (and the Safari Park), Sea World, whale watching boat, etc. Good food too -- In-N-Out Burger of course, as well as Shake Shack if you've never had it, plus lots of Mexican and seafood -- and (if you're into that) lots of local craft brews. Not to mention the ideal weather due to the ocean currents that keep it cooler than Los Angeles in the summer.

Been there twice and can't wait to return. Certainly better than some generic beach... but they have that too if you must :-)
Last edited by EastGTARedFlagger on May 10th, 2019 11:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2008
1103 posts
293 upvotes
Montréal
I dont see the point of making a 5 hours flight for 3 to 5 days. The flights will be the most expensive part and you wont have enough time to enjoy it. Is 3-5 days are the only vacation time you will get ?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
5966 posts
2057 upvotes
Ottawa
If your kids like going to the beach, I'd second Cuba - it's about as cheap as you can do (although with AirBnb and US Flights, you can do a Florida trip pretty cheap).

I have to agree that I think 5 days is the minimum. You'll basically spend 3+ hours to get / go through security / wait at the airport, then 3-5 hour flight and then probably another hour to get your luggage and go through security at the destination followed by a likely 1 hour to get to the hotel plus check-in and that's most of a day gone. Repeat on the last day so you are spending the better part of 2 days just travelling.
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4315 upvotes
tostaky wrote: I dont see the point of making a 5 hours flight for 3 to 5 days. The flights will be the most expensive part and you wont have enough time to enjoy it. Is 3-5 days are the only vacation time you will get ?
I'd say 5 hour flight to Southern California to spend 5 days there is worth it. Have done it (both to San Diego and Los Angeles), highly recommend, will do it again.