• Jun 9th, 2021 12:04 am
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 28, 2012
183 posts
69 upvotes
Mississauga

Travel restrictions to NL

I am planning a vacation to NL in mid of August. Do you think the travel restriction will be lifted by then?

I am holding my flight purchase until last minute due to that.
14 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
16550 posts
13874 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Saw NFLD Tourism on the news the other night
They along with some of the other Eastern Provinces want to form a coalition where they’ll welcome back travellers & tourists who are FULLY VACCINATED (as in 2 jabs)
It’s the newest version of the Atlantic Bubble

Controversial... cuz Atlantic Canada is outright saying ... beyond the Cruise Industry
That they want PROOF OF VACCINATION

Not vaccinated = not welcome!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8882 posts
3381 upvotes
Toronto
We like to drive to the east coast later this summer, after my traveling group get fully vaccinated (and 14 days after 2nd jab). I actually welcome the idea that "not vaccinated = not welcome".

It's just like going on a cruise. I'd go on NCL cruises as they require 100% full vaccination. RCL just blinked to Florida governor's foolishness to ban asking for vaccination certificate. It means I won't cruise on RCL.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2017
4108 posts
3611 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: Saw NFLD Tourism on the news the other night
They along with some of the other Eastern Provinces want to form a coalition where they’ll welcome back travellers & tourists who are FULLY VACCINATED (as in 2 jabs)
It’s the newest version of the Atlantic Bubble

Controversial... cuz Atlantic Canada is outright saying ... beyond the Cruise Industry
That they want PROOF OF VACCINATION

Not vaccinated = not welcome!
Visitors with their first shot are able to travel to NL in Step 1 (July 1st) and must present a negative test result within 72 hours of their departure date or self isolate upon arrival until they receive a negative test result.
[OP]
Sep 28, 2012
183 posts
69 upvotes
Mississauga
Booked a flight with full refundable option if necessary.

Looking forward to visit Gros Morne Park
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
16550 posts
13874 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Arrgh wrote: We like to drive to the east coast later this summer, after my traveling group get fully vaccinated (and 14 days after 2nd jab). I actually welcome the idea that "not vaccinated = not welcome".

It's just like going on a cruise. I'd go on NCL cruises as they require 100% full vaccination. RCL just blinked to Florida governor's foolishness to ban asking for vaccination certificate. It means I won't cruise on RCL.
Just read that

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/busine ... 09713.html

Disappointed that RCL backed off on everyone onboard needing to be vaccinated (except kids under 12)

That means it’ll be a very long time before we get back on a cruise ship with them

As I have no plans to find myself in the middle of a outbreak stranded at sea ... ala the Coral Princess ... looking for a country willing to let one dock.

It’s depressing ...
More so if you read the comments section in that news story ...
Lots of crazies out there who have no understanding of how vaccines work :rolleyes: :facepalm:
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8882 posts
3381 upvotes
Toronto
We also like to visit Gros Morne NP at the end of Aug.

The excursion to climb up Western Brook Pond for that signature view of the Fjords is run by bontours, $300/p, needs minimum 4 people to go. Sounds expensive, but it's a long drive for us to get there, we hope to go.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3272 posts
954 upvotes
Mars
Arrgh wrote: We also like to visit Gros Morne NP at the end of Aug.

The excursion to climb up Western Brook Pond for that signature view of the Fjords is run by bontours, $300/p, needs minimum 4 people to go. Sounds expensive, but it's a long drive for us to get there, we hope to go.

can u get the 2nd shot before end of August?

planning to visit NL too, not sure if mid-end Spet will be a bit late?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8882 posts
3381 upvotes
Toronto
forgetpwd wrote: can u get the 2nd shot before end of August?

Very good chance for full vaccination by end of July or at least early Aug. Several friends had 2nd shot initially scheduled for end of July, just got theirs. ON is saying people 70+ can get 2nd short now. Others are getting notifications for earlier shots. With the number of vaccines coming to Canada, it's looking good. Also heard ON may consider opening up vaccination to any adults soon.

Sept. is certainly fine. It's just a little colder, but probably fewer people. I'd rather go in late Aug., or at least early Sept. I like to go when it's not too cold.
[OP]
Sep 28, 2012
183 posts
69 upvotes
Mississauga
We had 1st shot around 20th of Apr and likely to have 2nd in July. so we will be fully vaccinated by end of July.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
16550 posts
13874 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
forgetpwd wrote: can u get the 2nd shot before end of August?

Depends on your Provincial Roll Out

You’ll want to check your 1st shot documentation ... and the booking process you used back then

Ontario’s Provincial Covid Vaccine Booking website is currently booking 2nd shots for everyone 70+, or got their first shot before mid April *

They are giving out dates in June & July. This moves up folks who previously we assigned August or September.

Most folks seemingly are getting their move up dates to about 4 to 6 weeks earlier.

* Here’s the link if you originally booked this way = https://covid-19.ontario.ca/book-vaccine/
You can enter your data to see if you qualify for move up now
If not just keep an eye on it ... and try at least once a week
If your first shot was after middle of April ... your rebooking slots should come up soon
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8882 posts
3381 upvotes
Toronto
A doctor friend has been a lead doctor at various vaccination sites. They work so hard trying to give shots to people. Often they go much later than the scheduled time, especially at popup sites (others do the notifications, they do the front line work) so they can finish all the vaccines and not let any go to waste.

Recently they were at a pop up site near us. After work she came over in the evening and I found out she hasn't eaten lunch yet. My wife quickly prepared something for her to eat. That's what our front line health providers have been doing. Yet I know people who are anti-vaccine, or feel it's not a serious virus so there's no hurry to get vaccinated.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
16550 posts
13874 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Arrgh wrote: A doctor friend has been a lead doctor at various vaccination sites. They work so hard trying to give shots to people. Often they go much later than the scheduled time, especially at popup sites (others do the notifications, they do the front line work) so they can finish all the vaccines and not let any go to waste.

Recently they were at a pop up site near us. After work she came over in the evening and I found out she hasn't eaten lunch yet. My wife quickly prepared something for her to eat. That's what our front line health providers have been doing. Yet I know people who are anti-vaccine, or feel it's not a serious virus so there's no hurry to get vaccinated.
HEROES...

When I was a kid, the Cdn heroes were the War Vets (WW I - WW II - Korea )
Somewhere along the way that expanded to include ALL our Military in Uniform

After 9/11 ... we added on the idea of Community Heroes ... Police (all branches) - Fire - Paramedics

Covid ... marks another well deserving layer. Those on the frontlines in healthcare. Tirelessly working for us all, 12+ hour shits, 6 or 7 days a week, no vacations, and highly exposed to this killer virus (I shudder thinking back to the early days of little to no PPE )

They’ve been there ... when others couldn’t be

They’ve assured the sick, comforted the dieing, and said the sad words to loved ones
They’ve held lonely hands, and cried a million tears
They SOOOOOO DESERVE OUR RESPECT

Let’s rejoice with them at each vaccine shot they now administer!
We need to have a heck of a big Canadawide party at some point to mark
A NATIONAL DAY OF THANKS FOR OUR MEDICAL WORKERS !