• Oct 29th, 2019 6:08 pm
[OP]
Jun 30, 2008
121 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto

Travel from Toronto to nearby Good US location by Car

Hi,
I want to travel from Toronto to USA good sighting/beach warmest location with 2 kids (9 and 11). I want to travel to USA which has warm weather in November-11 by Car (with minimum hrs drive). Please advise the best location to enjoy the trip. Thanks a lot.
24 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
16148 posts
13433 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Warmish weather in November ...
Ya got to get as a minimum as far south as South Carolina
(Myrtle Beach is a good family destination)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myrtle_ ... h_Carolina
https://www.visitmyrtlebeach.com

But weather is as it is everywhere the world over
NO GUARANTEES
And can differ year to year

Check out the Climate stats for Nov on the Wikipedia link I provided above

Other than that...
You got to go further south (so even more driving)
Into Georgia, The Gulf Coast (like Florida Panhandle), or down into Florida
Pretty much in November you are looking at Coastal Destinations

Closer to home in many states...
But Further inland are the mountains (Appalachian Chain = https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appalachian_Mountains )
So that effects the weather significantly all the way down into Georgia & Alabama
Feb 29, 2008
318 posts
103 upvotes
GTA
Pick a coast (east/west/gulf) and drive towards it until you think the weather is warm enough on November 11th.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
7018 posts
1364 upvotes
Scarborough
Why not fly.
Driving that far with 2 kids on the road, not very comfortable or relaxing. Spend time there instead by flying if u can
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
2407 posts
791 upvotes
kenny_gua wrote: Hi,
I want to travel from Toronto to USA good sighting/beach warmest location with 2 kids (9 and 11). I want to travel to USA which has warm weather in November-11 by Car (with minimum hrs drive). Please advise the best location to enjoy the trip. Thanks a lot.
There is no warm weather beaches close by for weather in November. Check out flights with Spirit from Niagara Falls for Myrtle Beach or Fort Lauderdale. We flew to Myrtle Beach at the end of August. Been there several times usually drove but was nice to fly and be there in 1.5hrs.
[OP]
Jun 30, 2008
121 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
OK- I can think for fly. I will compare the options to go with fly or by car. I don't want to drive more than 4-5 hrs. Please let me know the good destination to enjoy with kids on warm weather.
[OP]
Jun 30, 2008
121 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
I am also thinking to go Maxico if I want to fly. What destination will be good in Maxico with my kids?
[OP]
Jun 30, 2008
121 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
I have checked and USA flights are on sale in November. What's the best warm location in November in USA. I have to book it today.Please advise. Thanks
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11632 posts
3932 upvotes
Toronto
Florida is warm, California is warm. Hawaii is warm

But non of those is driving distance for 4-5 hours.
You have to be realistic, you live in Toronto and 4-5 hours drive is not going to bring you to a different world with different climate.

Cost wise, Fly to Florida is the best bet.

Mexico, I don't think you want to stay in anything else than the Tourist Resort.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
[OP]
Jun 30, 2008
121 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
What is the best enjoyable location in San Diego California OR Gulf coast of Florida OR Miami. I mean which one has beaches, Big Malls and other location to spend 4-5 days.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9509 posts
2068 upvotes
Somewhere
kenny_gua wrote: What is the best enjoyable location in San Diego California OR Gulf coast of Florida OR Miami. I mean which one has beaches, Big Malls and other location to spend 4-5 days.
San Diego.

They have everything you need. Calm beach (Mission Bay). Big natural beach (Pacific Beach). TONS of kids activities (San Diego Zoo and the Safari Park), Knott's berry farm, USS Midway Museum, etc, etc). Whale watching.

It's warm. Always sunny. Safe. Good food. More affordable than San Francisco or LA. Lots of Airbnb.
:confused:
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
4549 posts
2819 upvotes
Gotham
+1 for San Diego. I was there last month. It's a small city but very kid friendly and lots to do. The weather is always good too!
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11632 posts
3932 upvotes
Toronto
SanDiego is actually better travel destination than LA.
We been to both on the same trip and likes SD far better

Sea World, Zoo, etc.. a lot of activities for kids.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8850 posts
3335 upvotes
Toronto
With kids 9 and 11, going for 4-5 days for warm beaches and shopping malls, you need to fly. In addition to San Diego, Fort Lauderdale is another choice. Nice beaches (Hollywood), nice big mall (Sawgrass Mill), and still warm in Nov. Or if you want to go to Mexico, can look at tripcentral.ca for ideas, including many all-inclusive resorts.

But kids will need to be out of school for a few days.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
16148 posts
13433 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
kenny_gua wrote: OK- I can think for fly. I will compare the options to go with fly or by car.
I don't want to drive more than 4-5 hrs.
Please let me know the good destination to enjoy with kids on warm weather.
DOES NOT EXIST

Toronto to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina is about 1500 Kms, and about 16 Hours of driving one way
Not accounting for other time spent on Border Crossing, Breaks / Overnights, etc

4 or 5 hours is peanuts
Out of TO be lucky if that gets you 500 Kms

And that means you are still in the Northern USA
(Look at a map ... maybe check out Google Maps for driving times & distances)

Heck 5 Hours only gonna get you as far as Syracuse, NY
And it can be just as cold there ... if not colder than TO ... often colder

You are either gonna have to up your driving distance
Up your budget ... to fly somewhere warm
Or downgrade your expectations for this getaway
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
16148 posts
13433 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Wouldn’t go to Mexico in November.
Hurricanes in Mexico are most prone late in the Atlantic Hurricane Season
If you insist on Mexico being your Destination
Then buy GOOD travel insurance
Preferably the sort with Cancel for any reason clause
[OP]
Jun 30, 2008
121 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
I am deciding to go San Diego. Which Airport I need to select of San Diego to book flight from Toronto
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
4549 posts
2819 upvotes
Gotham
kenny_gua wrote: I am deciding to go San Diego. Which Airport I need to select of San Diego to book flight from Toronto
SAN

Air Canada has direct flights from YYZ
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
1214 posts
736 upvotes
Southern Ontario
San Diego will probably be in the low 70's, if you want real summer like temperatures, go somewhere in Florida. Tampa and Orlando are popular spots.