[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1385 posts
383 upvotes
Toronto

Travelling to India. E-visa question?

Has anyone did E-visa for tourist.

Is everything done online including attaching picture?
Do you still need to send your passport to some area to get it stamped?
How much fee for 1 month travel?
Can anyone recommend which website to look for?
Is the stamp done at arrival airport?
5 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
1809 posts
1331 upvotes
GTA West
ysl5710 wrote: Has anyone did E-visa for tourist.

Is everything done online including attaching picture?
Do you still need to send your passport to some area to get it stamped?
How much fee for 1 month travel?
Can anyone recommend which website to look for?
Is the stamp done at arrival airport?
This is the correct link for the government site. The info is all there. Be careful as there are similar unofficial sites that charge extra fees.

https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html

You fill out everything on-line and attach scans of both your picture and your passport, as specified. If approved, you will get an email showing that your e-visa as been granted.

When you get to India, show the email and your passport - that worked for us. There were specific e-visa lanes for immigration at the Delhi airport when we arrived.
Last edited by Dealmaker1945 on Dec 7th, 2019 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1385 posts
383 upvotes
Toronto
I’m going for 30 days as tourist.

Do you remember how much was the fees?

Do you require actual passport photo as well?
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11265 posts
651 upvotes
Ottawa
Same experience as @Dealmaker1945 ; did the online site last year, although I will say that at times it was pretty slow - and also remember to save your application and the Application ID for it, if you need to go back. Longest part was filling in the countries I've visited.... I ran out of space, and had to switch to country letter codes.

For the cost, you can find it here: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/i ... _final.pdf

I did the One Month e-tourist visa, which has two entries. In fact, I made a day trip to Dubai during my stay (leaving my bags in my hotel), and had no problem re-entering, although they did let me know it was the last entry permitted on my visa. When you arrive, they stamp your passport, and mark the number of entries - and cross them off as you use them. The e-Visa lane was actually the shortest lane/wait, ironically!

For the photo, it can be any photo on a white background, although you do also need to upload the photo page from your passport, as well.
- Absolute
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
1809 posts
1331 upvotes
GTA West
Here is what the evisa email looks like. The visa starts from the day it is granted, so if you apply too soon for a 30-day visa it could expire before your trip! We got the one-year visa so that we could apply well in advance and have time to re-apply in case of any problem with the application. We made our photos with our iPad and then used Irfanview to crop and resize them.

Application ID :-

Passport Number :-

Application Status :-
Granted

ETA Number :-

Nationality :-
CANADA

Visa Type :-
e-Visa

Service Name :-
eTOURIST VISA

No. of Entries :-
Multiple

• Date of issue of ETA :- July 15th,2019
• e-Visa Validity period is 365 days from the date of issuance of this ETA.
• Activities Permitted :
o Recreation/Sight-Seeing
• Continuous stay during each visit should not exceed 180 days.
• Multiple entries will be granted within the e-Visa validity period stamped on your passport.
• For Tele Enquiries (IVRS enquiry) call at +91-11-24300666.Please use 00462174119 as key.
• Note :
• Please carry a copy of this ETA at the time of your first arrival in India
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
12076 posts
2222 upvotes
Mississauga
Dealmaker1945 wrote: Here is what the evisa email looks like. The visa starts from the day it is granted, so if you apply too soon for a 30-day visa it could expire before your trip! We got the one-year visa so that we could apply well in advance and have time to re-apply in case of any problem with the application. We made our photos with our iPad and then used Irfanview to crop and resize them.
The 30-day evisa is fairly new and in its early days, there were some issues with the valid date starting from the date of approval, but they have since fixed it now so that it starts from the day you arrive in India. I just went there last month and it worked fine for me.