Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
TravelZoo

$79-$99 – Niagara Falls Spring Stays w/Dining Vouchers, over 45% Off

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2021 12:23 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2499 posts
991 upvotes
4 Adults + 2 Kids...we booked 2 rooms and Ruth allowed us to use 2 vouchers ($200) for one table.
We ordered 5 steaks + 1 kids meal, wine, all the taxes, and tips...we paid around $100 on top.

So we paid around $300 for 2 room hotel and steak dinner so it was great.

It's great deal if you plan it out and maximize your savings.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2499 posts
991 upvotes
There is overnight parking lot in front of the hotel for I believe it was $15 or $20 per night.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6737 posts
3998 upvotes
Toronto
evilYoda wrote: how are they charging 150 a head? Isnt a lower end steak like 40-50 dollars?
Ruth's Chris? No. Even the appetizers are pushing $30-40. To be fair to Ruth's Chris, their steaks are big (like I don't think you can get anything smaller than 10oz, and the regular sized ones are about 16oz), but minimum about $90 just for the steak, no sides. Most are well over $100. Their online menu doesn't even have prices, if that tells you anything.

If you get this and want the value option, use the Keg voucher instead. The food won't be as good, but the prices aren't much more than a regular Toronto Keg, so a $30 voucher will get you a regular entree or most of the way to a steak. You can do the whole fallsview table thing too.
Sep 22, 2010
210 posts
164 upvotes
My wife and I went recently and its pretty lame right now at Niagra Falls. The vouchers they give you are such a rip off. I dont understand how Ruth Chris and other restaurants are charging such a high price still. The vouchers the hotel gives are useless, you still end up paying exorbitant amount. I dont like getting ripped off on tourist prices when I'm the only tourist there.

We ended up just going to other local restaurants instead.

Its kinda nice not having to deal with huge crowds though, but overall, kinda depressing there right now.

Crowds do pickup a bit at night in Clifton area, but most of the other attractions were closed when we went.

We did park a bit away at the skylon tower and walked like 7 to 8 min to our hotel. It was like $10 for 24 hrs, in fact you can park for like $10 at many places right now in niagra.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2758 posts
1857 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
Currently, Niagara being in the Red Zone, allows a maximum of 10 people in (indoor) a restaurant, no matter the capacity. Patio is a different story. Also, maximum 4 to a table and you are SOL if you have more than 2 kids. You also have to be living under the same roof to dine in a restaurant, unless you go with one other person who is like your mental health support person. Also, because all restaurants are hurting, they may impose a time limit for your meal. If you are occupying real estate and not generating revenue to the restaurant, you may not be as welcome. Wait staff are also expecting hefty tips and will get pissed off if you are a poor tipper.
Lastly, the government is advising that you DO NOT travel outside your region. Currently the number of Variant cases is rapidly rising in the Niagara region.
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3978 posts
4233 upvotes
do they still charge "resort fees" when you check out?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2812 posts
3878 upvotes
joongpark wrote: 4 Adults + 2 Kids...we booked 2 rooms and Ruth allowed us to use 2 vouchers ($200) for one table.
We ordered 5 steaks + 1 kids meal, wine, all the taxes, and tips...we paid around $100 on top.

I find this hard to believe. $300 for 5 steaks and alcohol?? Including tips and tax??

The steaks at the Ruth at Niagara Falls are literally double the price. The whole menu is double the price it’s stupid.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2017
1859 posts
2808 upvotes
joongpark wrote: 4 Adults + 2 Kids...we booked 2 rooms and Ruth allowed us to use 2 vouchers ($200) for one table.

simplypop wrote: I find this hard to believe. $300 for 5 steaks and alcohol?? Including tips and tax??

The steaks at the Ruth at Niagara Falls are literally double the price. The whole menu is double the price it’s stupid.
I also call bullshit to $300 covering ALL of:
- $$Ruth Chris *
- 5 steaks
- 1 kids meal
- wine
- tips
- tax
* Niagara Falls Ruth Chris prices was about 20% more than the Toronto location.

Please tell us the price breakdown...
Last edited by Bebo123 on Mar 17th, 2021 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8253 posts
5753 upvotes
The Keg actually isn't priced much differently than a normal Keg (at least, that's how it used to be).

Ruth's Chris in Toronto costs a fortune, last I checked the Niagara prices were even crazier

I assume you can't use the Keg voucher for takeout?
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2004
1387 posts
1254 upvotes
Mississauga
JLu416 wrote: So you could theoretically stay one night and eat a tonne of steak for ~$100?
Not a tonne, just 12 ounces.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2004
1387 posts
1254 upvotes
Mississauga
You can see pictures of their menu on google. There’s one that’s at least as new as 2 months. As someone who used to eat at Ruth’s Chris often about 10 years ago, I was pretty surprised at this location’s prices. A 12 oz. Strip is $90. And with Ruth’s, that’s all you get on the plate. Sides are all separate.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
1476 posts
604 upvotes
Wow, I had no idea Niagara RC charged a premium and their steaks are over $100. It's a good thing I always chose Keg over it. It has a great view of the falls. Also, the Keg prices appeared the same as the Toronto locations.

Last I went to RC (Toronto) was about 7 years ago. Most steaks were $50. I think the most expensive was $75. Even with inflation, it's crazy seeing the Niagara prices doubled.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13237 posts
12065 upvotes
Toronto
Go for the stay but don't factor in the food vouchers too much, food is heavily inflated plus a "tourist tax" on top. iHop was probably 2x the price it should be last time I went.
Nov 28, 2013
531 posts
315 upvotes
Montr
Actually debating this. Does anyone if they have destinai charger for an EV?
Apr 2, 2008
703 posts
364 upvotes
If the voucher is useless, you can price match with Marriott for additional 25% off and you may or may not get the voucher (depending on the on site manager). Last November, I ended up paying around $110 all in for room, breakfast and dinner for 2 pp @ Marriott on the Falls on Sat night after price matching a travelzoo deal. Check the resort fee, it is pricy if any.
Save a lot but end up spending more :confused:
Nov 24, 2014
234 posts
280 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Is Niagara even accepting reservations?

When I called back in January to inquire, Fallsview said they are only accepting essential travel bookings. Has this changed? Not sure how strongly that was enforced.
Apr 20, 2006
856 posts
596 upvotes
Why on earth do you want to travel during covid? Living in Niagara this marketing makes me sick.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)