Expired Hot Deals

TravelZoo

$79-$99 – Niagara Falls Spring Stays w/Dining Vouchers, over 45% Off

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2021 12:23 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 6, 2007
2686 posts
1786 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
If telling the truth and warning fellow RFD'ers about what to expect when here is "negative nancy", I will gladly take that. I am in the hospitality business and nothing would make me happier than tourists supporting the Niagara region. BUT, I rather forego money than have folks come here and be unhappy because there is really nothing to do right now due to us being in the "Red" region.

bigmoney3991 wrote: WOW...NEGATIVE NANCY IN THE BUILDING...ITS ST.[ADDY'S DAY HAVE A BEER AND CHILL
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
399 posts
510 upvotes
StealthFinder wrote: If telling the truth and warning fellow RFD'ers about what to expect when here is "negative nancy", I will gladly take that. I am in the hospitality business and nothing would make me happier than tourists supporting the Niagara region. BUT, I rather forego money than have folks come here and be unhappy because there is really nothing to do right now due to us being in the "Red" region.
Red as in hot region? I know tourists like to travel to Niagara, but damn Dougie finally put you in the Red region. Damn son, proud of ya bud
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
399 posts
510 upvotes
Kasakato wrote: $300 all in for dinner is $230 pre tax and tip, assuming 30%.

The cheapest steak is a 12oz NY strip for $90. Your budget only covers 2.5 steaks.

How did you pay for the other 2.5 steaks, wine and kids meal?
17% tip, since when did tipping become the norm? Not trying to be rude and pandemic aside, tipping is usually done for good service. Going to a restaurant and being treated with a mediocre customer service does not warrant a generous tip, or maybe no tip at all. Moreover, I see more and more restaurants, including Starbucks, asking for a tip even if’s a takeout order. I understand tipping a driver for a fast and prompt delivery, I understand tipping a person who goes above and beyond your expectations, but this...maybe we should start tipping all people who provide services and get paid minimum wage because this way everyone will be treated equally.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22299 posts
3161 upvotes
Internetsurfer wrote: 17% tip, since when did tipping become the norm? Not trying to be rude and pandemic aside, tipping is usually done for good service. Going to a restaurant and being treated with a mediocre customer service does not warrant a generous tip, or maybe no tip at all. Moreover, I see more and more restaurants, including Starbucks, asking for a tip even if’s a takeout order. I understand tipping a driver for a fast and prompt delivery, I understand tipping a person who goes above and beyond your expectations, but this...maybe we should start tipping all people who provide services and get paid minimum wage because this way everyone will be treated equally.
Irrelevant- make it 20% and you're not finding an extra 2.5 steaks in that $20.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1554 posts
1820 upvotes
GTA
Kasakato wrote: $300 all in for dinner is $230 pre tax and tip, assuming 30%.

The cheapest steak is a 12oz NY strip for $90. Your budget only covers 2.5 steaks.

How did you pay for the other 2.5 steaks, wine and kids meal?
The poster is the owner of the restaurant.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 8, 2002
5665 posts
2347 upvotes
Internetsurfer wrote: 17% tip, since when did tipping become the norm? Not trying to be rude and pandemic aside, tipping is usually done for good service. Going to a restaurant and being treated with a mediocre customer service does not warrant a generous tip, or maybe no tip at all. Moreover, I see more and more restaurants, including Starbucks, asking for a tip even if’s a takeout order. I understand tipping a driver for a fast and prompt delivery, I understand tipping a person who goes above and beyond your expectations, but this...maybe we should start tipping all people who provide services and get paid minimum wage because this way everyone will be treated equally.
Your point would make more sense if not for the fact that servers don't get paid minimum wage. And they usually have to "tip out" to the back of house staff (bus boys, cooks, etc), meaning that if you don't tip them, they still have to tip out a percentage of their sales to the other staff, meaning that money is coming straight out of their pockets...

I agree that Starbucks "baristas" and similar should not be tipped, they are paid fairly and why should they be tipped but not a Tim Hortons employee who's doing the exact same thing? Take out orders should never get tips IMO
Jr. Member
Sep 22, 2010
152 posts
96 upvotes
pongster wrote: do they still charge "resort fees" when you check out?
Yes, I had a Groupon and I still had to pay an extra 20 bux or something like that. Ridiculous, and hotel refuses to waive it
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 20, 2006
832 posts
581 upvotes
Slono wrote: The poster is the owner of the restaurant.
The owner leases out Ruth Chris to a young kid who had the restaurant open all of the lockdowns and nothing has happened to them..

Top