Expired Hot Deals

TravelZoo

Locked: Fairmont Mayakoba (Playa del Carmen) All-Inclusive! 2099/week

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2020 1:26 am
Nov 25, 2003
704 posts
381 upvotes
Double check the fine print. I've been to this resort and they added a $35 per person, per day, amenities fee to the bill. Make sure that is included in the price.
Feb 20, 2006
638 posts
518 upvotes
with record breaking new cases right now we will go back to lock down very soon, and people will be out of work again. Let's see if T2 still has money to give out $2000/month to everyone for another year.
May 20, 2003
596 posts
389 upvotes
Toronto
Stop judging others. The world is a better place without people judging each other.
Sep 3, 2008
75 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
What's with all the fighting? You guys must be bored.
Apr 19, 2010
28 posts
25 upvotes
We visited this resort as a family in 2019 and loved it. We had planned to travel there again in the spring this year but canceled due to COVID.

I’d happily answer a few questions from interested parties. I believe this is a solid deal (even with the extra fees) based on the quality of the resort.

Given the length of the travel dates this deal gives you the option to travel once things have settled down (concerning the “debate” happening on this thread). Of course there are financial and other risks, as has been pointed out re: TravelZoo sticking around etc. I haven’t researched that in any detail.

Mainly posting because I know it helps to have first hand accounts of the resort - and we really loved it!
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3755 posts
496 upvotes
Vancouver
[quote=govas19 post_id=33324015 time=1603399565 user_id=1346481]
Throwing my 2 cents in, for me it is the 14 days quarantine that kills any travel deal.
[/quote]
Addressing solely the 14 day quarantine requirement, some people can work from home, watch netflix, order takeout and get their groceries delivered so the 14 day quarantine period is a non issue.
Jun 3, 2007
869 posts
425 upvotes
Toronto
kmchow wrote: Addressing solely the 14 day quarantine requirement, some people can work from home, watch netflix, order takeout and get their groceries delivered so the 14 day quarantine period is a non issue.
It might be that it is a non - issue for some people but not everyone. I have been working throughout the pandemic and am unable to take a vacation outside of Canada if it requires a two week quarantine as well when I get home. I usually try to get away every 2 or 3 months, and spread my vacation through the year. Using 2 weeks of my vacation time after each week of vacation would hurt too much!

Luckily my company is allowing us to carry our vacation days forward next year which they usually don't allow.
Sep 30, 2001
29467 posts
8951 upvotes
Toronto
Ok that’s enough of that. If people wish to take advantage of this deal that’s their prerogative.
Be kind and civil with one another

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)