Expired Hot Deals

[TravelZoo] Furaveri Island Resort in Maldives, 2549CAD (watervilla) + 800USD (seaplane) for 5 nights for 2, All inclusive

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2020 3:24 pm
[OP]
Apr 17, 2009
472 posts
81 upvotes

[TravelZoo] Furaveri Island Resort in Maldives, 2549CAD (watervilla) + 800USD (seaplane) for 5 nights for 2, All inclusive

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
TravelZoo
More offers from TravelZoo
I'm comparing this deal to the Reethi Faru deal from a few months ago and this seems to be a fair deal. It comes to 1000CAD more than the Reethi Faru for 5 nights instead of 7, but you get a nicer water villa and a true all-inclusive (alcohol and 3 meals per day, instead of 2 meals per day with no drink at Reethi Faru). 800USD roundtrip for a seaplane roundtrip seems fair.

Prices for TWO:
$2149 (reg. $5800) in a Garden Villa: https://furaveri.com/villas/garden-villa/
$2549 (reg. $7200) in a Water Villa: https://furaveri.com/villas/water-villa/

Reviews in general are very good, 4.5 on tripadvisor and 4.6 on google.

This does not include the international flight to the Maldives and can be fully refundable until December 2022.
39 replies
Jul 14, 2020
4 posts
4 upvotes
Place looks great but it is only 5 nights. Is this considered a good price?
Sep 2, 2007
729 posts
222 upvotes
Had a cursory look at the flights approximately 30 hours each way
Mar 8, 2004
901 posts
204 upvotes
HKiyor wrote: Place looks great but it is only 5 nights. Is this considered a good price?
5 nights is more than enough at one Maldives resort, unless you do resort hopping.
Mar 8, 2004
901 posts
204 upvotes
Toule wrote: I'm comparing this deal to the Reethi Faru deal from a few months ago and this seems to be a fair deal. It comes to 1000CAD more than the Reethi Faru for 5 nights instead of 7, but you get a nicer water villa and a true all-inclusive (alcohol and 3 meals per day, instead of 2 meals per day with no drink at Reethi Faru). 800USD roundtrip for a seaplane roundtrip seems fair.

Prices for TWO:
$2149 (reg. $5800) in a Garden Villa: https://furaveri.com/villas/garden-villa/
$2549 (reg. $7200) in a Water Villa: https://furaveri.com/villas/water-villa/

Reviews in general are very good, 4.5 on tripadvisor and 4.6 on google.

This does not include the international flight to the Maldives and can be fully refundable until December 2022.
I would consider the Breakfast Only package, as you won't necessary eat all three meals when you're on a vacation at Maldives...
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
45320 posts
5863 upvotes
Richmond Hill
GabL wrote: I would consider the Breakfast Only package, as you won't necessary eat all three meals when you're on a vacation at Maldives...
Do you mean you will be skipping meals? AFAIK these resorts are usually very far from the city, so you might only go to the city once or twice at most.
Mar 8, 2004
901 posts
204 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: Do you mean you will be skipping meals? AFAIK these resorts are usually very far from the city, so you might only go to the city once or twice at most.
Yes, that's just me though... last time we went we slept in and had a late breakfast, then early dinner, so skipped lunch in some days. For other days we just get something light in between.

Plus your time will be less restricted by the meals and you can plan your excursions better.

We didn't go to the city at all, stayed at the island for 4 straight days. You probably don't want to pay for the transports just for a day trip to the city anyway.
Dec 8, 2006
442 posts
167 upvotes
Scarborough
I love a great deal or bargain and savings can certainly add up over time.

What I do not appreciate is when "saving money" becomes an obsession, so much so that you go on an elite level vacation just to split pennies, skip meals, as well as forego events and excursions or anything with an added "cost".

There is a difference between being careful with money to being bat-sh*t crazy obsessed about it. It literally drains the life out of a person. Best way to save money, live in a cardboard box and eat expired ramen noodles and when found dead you'll have $10 million dollars in the bank and no teeth or friends.

Almost as alarming as people who are all "flash" with no cash.latest Cell phone, car, game console and NO income to speak of always borrowing money...

both are pathetic IMHO.
Banned
Dec 15, 2018
252 posts
695 upvotes
My ex-girlfriend was arrested for wearing a bikini here. It did cover her lady parts and was not see-thru.

It was quite the ordeal. So proceed with caution!
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1434 posts
408 upvotes
Toronto
Is this CAD or USD?

Does this resort provide food with dietary restrictions?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
1562 posts
734 upvotes

how much does it usually cost? Asking because now we're in a pandemic so Im not sure how much people have paid.
Oct 19, 2004
430 posts
81 upvotes
This sounds like a solid deal if Travelzoo doesn't go bankrupt.

Does anyone know if there is any credit card that will cover you if they go bankrupt before you're able to travel?

Back in 2017 I know the insurance on TD Visa cards did not cover insolvencies on travel suppliers but BMO did. I haven't done any further research since then.
Apr 6, 2008
493 posts
390 upvotes
Toronto
416MAFIA wrote: My ex-girlfriend was arrested for wearing a bikini here. It did cover her lady parts and was not see-thru.

Did she gain the ex prefix immediately after her arrest? I wouldn't blame you...
Oct 31, 2012
555 posts
748 upvotes
Toronto
chrisc2 wrote: This sounds like a solid deal if Travelzoo doesn't go bankrupt.

Does anyone know if there is any credit card that will cover you if they go bankrupt before you're able to travel?

Back in 2017 I know the insurance on TD Visa cards did not cover insolvencies on travel suppliers but BMO did. I haven't done any further research since then.
Since they are a publically traded company you can easily follow their trajectory as well as past. Based on this you would have to be dead in order for you not to get your trip refunded by the time they seek for any protection (if thatvrare case comes up). You forget the vaccine is in circulation and yes I know UK, but if we all trust science and governing bodies than its still effective against it. Travel has picked up so much already and will continue to do so. I myself have witnessed the increase in 3 continents with NA not being one of them.
Oct 31, 2012
555 posts
748 upvotes
Toronto
chrisc2 wrote: This sounds like a solid deal if Travelzoo doesn't go bankrupt.

Since they are a publically traded company you can easily follow their trajectory as well as past. Based on this you would have to be dead in order for you not to get your trip refunded by the time they seek for any protection (if that rare case comes up). You forget the vaccine is in circulation and yes I know UK, but if we all trust science and governing bodies than its still effective against it. Travel has picked up so much already and will continue to do so. I myself have witnessed the increase in 3 continents with NA not being one of themnin the last 2.5 months in all the countries I have visited safely.
Nov 21, 2006
584 posts
362 upvotes
416MAFIA wrote: My ex-girlfriend was arrested for wearing a bikini here. It did cover her lady parts and was not see-thru.

Thanks for the heads-up, there are hundreds other locations to choose from
One incident like this is enough to ruin your vacation

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)