Expired Hot Deals

TravelZoo

Furaveri Island Resort in Maldives, 2549CAD (watervilla) + 800USD (seaplane) for 5 nights for 2, All inclusive

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2020 3:24 pm
Sr. Member
Nov 21, 2006
654 posts
438 upvotes
donttoewsmebro wrote: you would have to be dead in order for you not to get your trip refunded by the time they seek for any protection
Good luck with that
We are already living in a new World and new rules are coming
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
1630 posts
2939 upvotes
Berczy Park
digger1 wrote: Yes...typical
We hate your culture but love your money
Its no different than Bali where just a few months ago it caught attention. If you're not paying for you to do what you want so to speak you might as well learn to live with a conservative culture when you are visiting one. Not saying Bali is one but learn where you are and where its accepted.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/fashi ... 6932e7b690
Sr. Member
Nov 21, 2006
654 posts
438 upvotes
donttoewsmebro wrote: Its no different than Bali where just a few months ago it caught attention. If you're not paying for you to do what you want so to speak you might as well learn to live with a conservative culture when you are visiting one. Not saying Bali is one but learn where you are and where its accepted.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/fashi ... 6932e7b690
Or make an educate decision and spend your money where you're welcome with all your "western rotten" habits.

No need to bend when you have money in your pocket and the offer is huge.
All these islands don't offer more than a cold drink under a palm tree so the choice is yours.
Member
Jul 4, 2012
414 posts
375 upvotes
donttoewsmebro wrote: Its no different than Bali where just a few months ago it caught attention. If you're not paying for you to do what you want so to speak you might as well learn to live with a conservative culture when you are visiting one. Not saying Bali is one but learn where you are and where its accepted.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/fashi ... 6932e7b690
Bali is so overrated. I would never go back.

When we were there they asked if anyone in our group was menstruating before entering a temple... I guess this would be an easier way for them to check Face With Rolling Eyes
Jr. Member
Dec 28, 2014
197 posts
504 upvotes
Sym000 wrote: Bali is so overrated. I would never go back.

When we were there they asked if anyone in our group was menstruating before entering a temple... I guess this would be an easier way for them to check Face With Rolling Eyes
Thank you, I have learned something new today!
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
1630 posts
2939 upvotes
Berczy Park
goldencross2015 wrote: Thank you, I have learned something new today!
I mean if you went to Bali for temples there's your first mistake. Yogyakarta is way better and not really comparable. I'd even say skip Indo and head to Bagan,Myanmar. Absolutely stunning went i went many years ago and plan to return next year.

Bali is for Ubud (spirituality) or backpacking surfers (Kuta/ some Legian). Seminyak and Canggu are Instagram friendly. If you come to sit on a resort in Nusa Dua I hope you have a really nice suite because the beaches aren't amazing and your in a gated community far from true balinese culture.
Sr. Member
Jan 25, 2016
930 posts
1546 upvotes
Toronto
Irridion wrote: I love a great deal or bargain and savings can certainly add up over time.

What I do not appreciate is when "saving money" becomes an obsession, so much so that you go on an elite level vacation just to split pennies, skip meals, as well as forego events and excursions or anything with an added "cost".

There is a difference between being careful with money to being bat-sh*t crazy obsessed about it. It literally drains the life out of a person. Best way to save money, live in a cardboard box and eat expired ramen noodles and when found dead you'll have $10 million dollars in the bank and no teeth or friends.

Almost as alarming as people who are all "flash" with no cash.latest Cell phone, car, game console and NO income to speak of always borrowing money...

both are pathetic IMHO.
That made me laugh! +1 - and I agree.
Member
Jul 4, 2012
414 posts
375 upvotes
donttoewsmebro wrote: I mean if you went to Bali for temples there's your first mistake. Yogyakarta is way better and not really comparable. I'd even say skip Indo and head to Bagan,Myanmar. Absolutely stunning went i went many years ago and plan to return next year.

Bali is for Ubud (spirituality) or backpacking surfers (Kuta/ some Legian). Seminyak and Canggu are Instagram friendly. If you come to sit on a resort in Nusa Dua I hope you have a really nice suite because the beaches aren't amazing and your in a gated community far from true balinese culture.
Clearly you missed the entire point
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
1630 posts
2939 upvotes
Berczy Park
Sym000 wrote: Clearly you missed the entire point
I mean it relates to another point I made in another thread for the Maldives. Don't go to another country, get nicked by the conservatism and then downplay the country. Learn where you are. Tons of people go to these conservative places and a fair chunk are instagramers wearing xs over their boobs instead if a bikini and they expect nothing. Sorry.
Member
Jul 4, 2012
414 posts
375 upvotes
donttoewsmebro wrote: I mean it relates to another point I made in another thread for the Maldives. Don't go to another country, get nicked by the conservatism and then downplay the country. Learn where you are. Tons of people go to these conservative places and a fair chunk are instagramers wearing xs over their boobs instead if a bikini and they expect nothing. Sorry.
Clearly you keep missing the point. Nice try though.
Newbie
Oct 17, 2017
75 posts
52 upvotes
digger1 wrote: Or make an educate decision and spend your money where you're welcome with all your "western rotten" habits.

No need to bend when you have money in your pocket and the offer is huge.
All these islands don't offer more than a cold drink under a palm tree so the choice is yours.
Just because you are spending money doesn’t give you the right to disrespect other cultures (what’s the point of travelling if you expect everything to bend to “western” values).

To OP, this is really tempting though I don’t expect to travel until at least 2022 Pensive Face
Sr. Member
Aug 29, 2013
841 posts
708 upvotes
Waterloo
Okay, I get the all inclusive drinks and 3 meals a day but how many “x” covered boobs can I expect to see for my money?
Jr. Member
Apr 6, 2015
143 posts
11 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
I beleive the Reethi Faru one came upto 2200 roughly CAD. It showed the price in USD and came upto 2200 when converted. Can anyone confirm that was the case? The price here seems to be in CAD so wouldn’t it be only 300 extra while getting all inclusive but losing out on 2 nights and a 1 way sea plane transfer?
[OP]
Member
Apr 17, 2009
482 posts
95 upvotes
To1245 wrote: I beleive the Reethi Faru one came upto 2200 roughly CAD. It showed the price in USD and came upto 2200 when converted. Can anyone confirm that was the case? The price here seems to be in CAD so wouldn’t it be only 300 extra while getting all inclusive but losing out on 2 nights and a 1 way sea plane transfer?
Furaveri Island Resort: 2549CAD + 800USD (1028CAD) = 3577 CAD for 5 nights all inclusive with seaplane in a better villa
Reethi Faru: 1640USD (2232CAD) + 350USD (450CAD) = 2682 CAD for 7 nights half-board and no drinks in boat
Jr. Member
Apr 6, 2015
143 posts
11 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Toule wrote: Furaveri Island Resort: 2549CAD + 800USD (1028CAD) = 3577 CAD for 5 nights all inclusive with seaplane in a better villa
Reethi Faru: 1640USD (2232CAD) + 350USD (450CAD) = 2682 CAD for 7 nights half-board and no drinks in boat
Thanks!
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
1630 posts
2939 upvotes
Berczy Park
Sym000 wrote: Clearly you keep missing the point. Nice try though.
Well feel free to enlighten me since in missing the mark.
Sr. Member
Nov 21, 2006
654 posts
438 upvotes
ishamron wrote: Just because you are spending money doesn’t give you the right to disrespect other cultures (what’s the point of travelling if you expect everything to bend to “western” values).

To OP, this is really tempting though I don’t expect to travel until at least 2022 Pensive Face
There is no disrespect but I pay for my vacation and if you can't make feel good I will go somewhere else. - is that simple.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Feb 10, 2007
13200 posts
4550 upvotes
maybe you don't understand what respect means...
digger1 wrote: There is no disrespect but I pay for my vacation and if you can't make feel good I will go somewhere else. - is that simple.
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop

Top