Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
TravelZoo

Locked: Reethi Faru resort in Maldives, $1180 for 7 nights for 2 people including meals

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2020 11:06 am
Apr 5, 2009
636 posts
1292 upvotes
Vancouver

[TravelZoo] Reethi Faru resort in Maldives, $1180 for 7 nights for 2 people including meals

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
June 17, 2020
Retailer:
TravelZoo
More offers from TravelZoo
Obviously this is not a deal for everyone, namely if you aren't into luxury travel or not into travel at all in the next few years. If you are interested in travelling somewhere nicer, there's a Travelzoo deal for Reethi Faru resort in the Maldives that is the best price for an overwater bungalow that I've seen since I started looking to the Maldives over a year ago.

The deal is for TWO people:
US$875 (approx C$1180) for 7 nights in a Garden Villa (on land)
US$1610 (approx C$2175) for 7 nights in a Water Villa (overwater bungalow, basically a house on stilts in the water)

You pay one price for two people staying in a room, and it includes:
- Daily breakfast and dinner
- One-way airport transfer per person, once per stay (this gets you from Male airport to Dharavandhoo Airport and then you take a 40 minute speedboat to the resort. You have to pay for the return trip but it's only US$175)
- One sunset cruise for two
- Complimentary photo shoot for two, once per stay
- 15-minute massage per person, once per stay

This does not include the international flight to the Maldives. We looked up some reviews of this resort and it's pretty decent, average around 4.5/5. It's relatively new, built in 2017 or 2018.

With the Travelzoo voucher, you can travel anytime between when the resort reopens (its currently closed due to COVID and Maldives borders being closed), and Dec 23, 2022. There are some blackout dates but otherwise it includes high season as well. It is also FULLY REFUNDABLE if you decide not to travel later on. You can add on the individual night vouchers to extend your stay as well.

My husband and I have been looking at Maldives for our honeymoon, long before we even got married, and this is the best deal we've seen on it. We expect that we might see some additional deals later on for other resorts since the Maldives travel industry has been hit really hard by COVID, but since this is fully refundable, we bought a voucher because it is a really good price as of right now.

Edit: it looks like the water villas are sold out! Congrats to those who got it. Hopefully I didn't shoot myself in the foot by sharing the deal with everyone and now I won't be able to find dates... semi joking. If you're contemplating settling for the garden villa deal, I honestly wouldn't do it. Unless you're like one of the posters who talked about going to the Maldives multiple times, I would rather wait for future water villa deals. It's so far away and it really is a once in a lifetime (for most people anyways) trip.
Last edited by pinkrose398 on Jun 5th, 2020 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
Not an all-inclusive and requires return $350 USD return ride.
375 replies
Mar 13, 2006
444 posts
275 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sooo tempted. It's such a good deal! OP, if you don't mind me asking, did you book the garden or water villa?
<3
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2019
1678 posts
2053 upvotes
GTA
Wow! Place looks awesome! Another bucket list item!
Feb 21, 2013
315 posts
91 upvotes
Montréal
So tempting....who is buy it hahhahaha
Feb 21, 2013
315 posts
91 upvotes
Montréal
Also...how much ticket would cost from toronto to male !!!
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2120 posts
1345 upvotes
Laval
Cant process payment
Jul 14, 2008
377 posts
985 upvotes
what's the chance of the company going under over the next few months to a year and no refund is available? That would be my only concern..
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2120 posts
1345 upvotes
Laval
Wouldnt cc cover?
Apr 5, 2009
636 posts
1292 upvotes
Vancouver
kathkath wrote: Sooo tempted. It's such a good deal! OP, if you don't mind me asking, did you book the garden or water villa?
I booked the water villa! It’s been my dream to go to the Maldives and stay in an overwater bungalow. It’s so far from Canada so I imagine it’ll be a once in a lifetime trip, might as well splurge for the full deal!
hassy wrote: what's the chance of the company going under over the next few months to a year and no refund is available? That would be my only concern..
Nothing is certain but Travelzoo is very reputable and has operations all over the world. They’re also a bit more diversified because they offer both travel deals as well as local deals, similar to Groupon.
Apr 5, 2009
636 posts
1292 upvotes
Vancouver
seeker87 wrote: Also...how much ticket would cost from toronto to male !!!
Since there is so much flexibility in the travel dates, there’s a chance that you’ll encounter a flight deal as well. There was a flight promotion from Vancouver to the Maldives a while back that was well under $1000. We’re likely going to wait for a flight deal before we book our dates with the resort.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
7312 posts
6264 upvotes
I was planning to book the W Maldives with my Bonvoy points, but this is soooooo tempting.....
🤑 Amex Cobalt | MBNA RWE | Rogers MC
⛱️ Amex Platinum | Amex Bonvoy Brilliant
Dec 20, 2010
452 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
Great deal OP. Thanked. Picked up an OW villa voucher.
Gullible? Click here to find out!
Dec 20, 2010
452 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
EdisonL299 wrote: I was planning to book the W Maldives with my Bonvoy points, but this is soooooo tempting.....
I literally today booked the Conrad Maldives with my Hilton Honors points. But it’s hard to justify 500,000 points for 6 nights when this is $1600 for 7 with meals...
Gullible? Click here to find out!
Feb 21, 2013
315 posts
91 upvotes
Montréal
oo7ibm wrote: Great deal OP. Thanked. Picked up an OW villa voucher.
you booked water villa ?
May 13, 2020
26 posts
22 upvotes
Thanks OP! Booked a voucher for the wife and I. I was originally having credit card authorization issues for some reason even though all my info was correct.
Feb 21, 2013
315 posts
91 upvotes
Montréal
Water villa?
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1171 posts
741 upvotes
Toronto
dealsonwheels95 wrote: Thanks OP! Booked a voucher for the wife and I. I was originally having credit card authorization issues for some reason even though all my info was correct.
what kind of issues did you originally have?
Dec 15, 2011
371 posts
669 upvotes
Calgary
Just FYI it’s an extra $175 US per person for the return trip back to the airport. So an extra $450 CAD onto the price.

Also I wonder how much food and drink is out at this place... one you’re there I don’t think you’ll have many options but to eat on the resort and be subject to whatever they may want to charge.

Edit - that said, still sounds like a pretty sweet deal anyway for an exotic locale like this.
Last edited by fearlessfx on Jun 4th, 2020 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banned
Apr 27, 2014
1327 posts
1076 upvotes
Toronto, ON
this looks hot, any chance of it still being there in the morning when I get to ask the wifey if she wants to go lol
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1171 posts
741 upvotes
Toronto
fearlessfx wrote: Just FYI it’s an extra $175 US per person for the return trip back to the airport. So an extra $450 CAD onto the price.

Also I wonder how much food and drink is out at this place... one you’re there I don’t think you’ll have many options but to eat on the resort and be subject to whatever they may want to charge.

Edit - that said, still sounds like a pretty sweet deal anyway for an exotic locale like this.
it includes breakfast and dinner

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)