Expired Hot Deals

TravelZoo

Locked: Reethi Faru resort in Maldives, $1180 for 7 nights for 2 people including meals

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2020 11:06 am
Jan 29, 2007
292 posts
65 upvotes
Markham
ysl5710 wrote: I may cancel my deal as it looks like it may cost me $5000CAD for two people. its water suite.

if anyone is interested let me know and I can do transfer?

Interested - sent you a PM.
Mar 10, 2016
283 posts
111 upvotes
I paid via PayPal (had a USD balance)... was this a mistake over paying with a credit card?
Jun 28, 2013
256 posts
333 upvotes
GT!! wrote: You mean a fee to use the beach?
There is no such beach where you cant use your own gear nor swim. Unless its private property but you can still swim in their ocean because the ocean does not belong to anyone
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1254 posts
1238 upvotes
Kingston
govas19 wrote: You said there's a terrorism travel advisory for Mexico and Jamaica. My answer is no, there no such advisory for those countries. Unlike for Maldives.
Is the risk more, less or the same when travelling to Mexico/Jamaica vs Maldives? No clue. I never went to the Maldives.
I went a bunch of times to Mexico and I felt fairly secure, than again I only took organized tours from the resort and visited Playa Del Carmen during daytime. This include the time the bus forgot to pick us up from the resort to go to the airport and I had to take a taxi :). Which they refused to reimburse because I did not have a receipt for the taxi fair. Who gets receipts from taxi rides??? But I digress...
Tourists in Jamaica are relatively safe since they're a source of income, so long as you mind your p's and Q's... But make no mistake about it, Jamaica has huge crime rates. Huge.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2585 posts
2051 upvotes
Clarington
nimfomanijak wrote: I know. Still not appealing as other places that are clear blue.
Coral means more fish. It's far better for swimming in. Clear blue = sand.
Dec 25, 2006
714 posts
643 upvotes
Ottawa
I've been to the Maldives a number of times. I cannot stress enough the beauty of this place. It is truly heaven on earth. There is no other place like it. If you are on the fence, I'd say go for it, before it is all gone.
Jan 29, 2007
292 posts
65 upvotes
Markham
dtargaryen wrote: Also looking to to transfer my voucher - let me know if anyone is interested in the water villa!
interested, let me know i'll send you PM
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2016
1323 posts
754 upvotes
MaDgamEr wrote: Tourists in Jamaica are relatively safe since they're a source of income, so long as you mind your p's and Q's... But make no mistake about it, Jamaica has huge crime rates. Huge.
I'm pretty sure same statement applies to all the Caribbeans destinations like Cuba or Dominican Republic. Which are cool to visit.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
6517 posts
5184 upvotes
What is the difference between all inclusive and the current deal? Is it worth paying $75/night to upgrade?
Amex Cobalt - MBNA RWE - Brim WE
Amex Platinum - Bonvoy Brilliant Amex - CIBC Aeroplan VIP
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
1160 posts
624 upvotes
Toronto
#foreveralone Face With Tears Of Joy
Aug 20, 2018
49 posts
17 upvotes
If anyone is not keeping their water villa booking, please PM me!
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2016
1323 posts
754 upvotes
Bawler wrote: Coral means more fish. It's far better for swimming in. Clear blue = sand.
Imo do not venture alone and get a snorkeling tour from the resort. Who do not have to spend a lot, but do not be cheap either since it is a matter of personal safety. It is irrelevant of how good of a swimmer you are.
Once someone got in a heated argument with the staff of a tour since he was boasting that he was a master diver. Please don't be that.
Jan 29, 2007
292 posts
65 upvotes
Markham
If anyone is not keeping their water villa booking, please PM me as well!

FYI I contacted TravelZoo as to voucher transfer between accounts and they said there was no way to do it like that, it'll just be an under the counter transaction in good faith.

Also they advised that if anyone refunds online the Water Villa, the inventory won't go back up, so there's basically 0 chance that we can buy it online any longer.
Apr 6, 2008
575 posts
555 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone is looking to transfer their vouchers out, please PM me...
Aug 29, 2010
49 posts
12 upvotes
Richmond
Have overwater villa and looking to offload as well!
Feb 10, 2015
1 posts
Kitchener
I can take it