Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
TravelZoo

Locked: Reethi Faru resort in Maldives, $1180 for 7 nights for 2 people including meals

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2020 11:06 am
Jul 20, 2012
818 posts
236 upvotes
Air Force One
Amazing deal. Especially since food is included too!
Thanks OP
<No referral posts in signature>
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1171 posts
741 upvotes
Toronto
alkaint wrote: this looks hot, any chance of it still being there in the morning when I get to ask the wifey if she wants to go lol
its fully refundable, just book first ask later?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
7313 posts
6264 upvotes
Booked Water Villa with my Amex Platinum (chargeback if Travelzoo closes shop).
Thanks OP!!
🤑 Amex Cobalt | MBNA RWE | Rogers MC
⛱️ Amex Platinum | Amex Bonvoy Brilliant
May 19, 2006
283 posts
21 upvotes
Got the water Villa for 7 days. Thanks OP! It even includes daily breakfast and dinner.
Hoping there's a flight deal in the future
Apr 6, 2015
159 posts
14 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
EdisonL299 wrote: Booked Water Villa with my Amex Platinum (chargeback if Travelzoo closes shop).
Thanks OP!!
Any one know if TD visa Aeroplan infinite offers the same thing?
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10924 posts
5459 upvotes
Toronto
I dunno how ya'll are planning trips during a pandemic lol

also private island sounds a little boring... not much to see? when i travel I like to explore a lot
Jan 12, 2020
493 posts
768 upvotes
As always, don't let them stop you from going, but definitely be aware of the Canadian government's travel advisories for the Maldives.

There's not necessarily much risk in these remote island resorts, but nonetheless there is currently a warning to exercise a high degree of caution due to the threat of terrorism. Additionally, be aware that malaria is present in the Maldives, and take the appropriate countermeasures. The good news is that the Zika outbreak in the Maldives appears to have ended.

As an alternative, the Seychelles are a similar island group in the same part of the Indian Ocean, and have none of these travel advisories.
Sep 27, 2013
26 posts
150 upvotes
Vancouver
dealsonwheels95 wrote: Thanks OP! Booked a voucher for the wife and I. I was originally having credit card authorization issues for some reason even though all my info was correct.
Having the same issue. How did you fix it?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
7313 posts
6264 upvotes
ManCaveGamer wrote: I dunno how ya'll are planning trips during a pandemic lol

also private island sounds a little boring... not much to see? when i travel I like to explore a lot
This price can’t be beat though. Rating is great as well. There are more things to see, for example, in W Maldives, but it’s basically too expensive to be affordable.
🤑 Amex Cobalt | MBNA RWE | Rogers MC
⛱️ Amex Platinum | Amex Bonvoy Brilliant
Feb 1, 2017
500 posts
842 upvotes
Darn this looks great, except the fact Maldives tickets seem to be in the $1400 on a good day rate. I've got higher priority must-see locations to go to still that I'd rather drop that kind of money on. so even If I grabbed it knowing its refundable, I can't warrant like 2000$ to go somewhere I had no intention of going anytime soon. Can't expect a sale during the peak seasons I'm actually able to travel sadly.
Feb 21, 2013
315 posts
91 upvotes
Montréal
OH BOY bought it I hope I don't forget this voucher in future ! lol
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
3161 posts
3308 upvotes
ManCaveGamer wrote: also private island sounds a little boring... not much to see? when i travel I like to explore a lot
You're supposed to be doing it. All day.
Jul 4, 2017
242 posts
444 upvotes
Incredible deal, but I can't afford this right now. Especially with flight being at least 2.x k for 2 people.

Hope you guys get to enjoy it!!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5621 posts
1552 upvotes
Toronto
I'm trying to give this as a gift. I used my name for card info and now "ticket" has my name on it.

Does anyone know if I have to be one of the users of the ticket or can I gift it?
Deal Addict
May 9, 2008
1944 posts
439 upvotes
Barrie
EdisonL299 wrote: I was planning to book the W Maldives with my Bonvoy points, but this is soooooo tempting.....
W is nice, but in my opinion it's not presently the best use of points. It's a bit tired, and slated to be renovated (that was supposed to start this year, but who knows now with COVID). It's a lively resort by Maldives standards, with friendly staff and generally quite good F&B. Personally if I am paying category 8 points levels I would opt to return to St. Regis (until W is renovated), though F&B at St. Regis is quite a bit more expensive. If you're platinum or titanium breakfast is free, which can help a lot, and St Regis breakfast in the Maldives is absolutely amazing. The W has the better house reef though...

To be honest, if I were returning to Maldives and using Bonvoy points in the near future I would likely pick the Westin. As a category 7 it's still a stunning property with much more reasonable F&B prices. The overwater villa with pool, though not finished as high-end as the St. Regis, is my favourite so far in the Maldives. I found the layout to be very functional, and the pool at the edge of the deck made for great sea life watching and lots of sun all day.

The JW was pretty comical with their F&B pricing, even by Maldives standards, so I decided against visiting there.

The deal OP posted looks pretty hot!

Feel free to pm me if anyone has questions about getting to the Maldives using points. Using points is a great way to visit another destination or two on the same trip for minimal additional expense. For example you could visit Singapore, Thailand, Dubai, Sri Lanka, etc on the same trip quite easily depending on which kind of points you have.
Last edited by tylerc on Jun 4th, 2020 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amex Business Platinum, Personal Platinum, Bonvoy, Aeroplan
Deal Addict
May 9, 2008
1944 posts
439 upvotes
Barrie
fearlessfx wrote: Just FYI it’s an extra $175 US per person for the return trip back to the airport. So an extra $450 CAD onto the price.

Also I wonder how much food and drink is out at this place... one you’re there I don’t think you’ll have many options but to eat on the resort and be subject to whatever they may want to charge.

Edit - that said, still sounds like a pretty sweet deal anyway for an exotic locale like this.
F&B in Maldives is generally VERY expensive and can range significantly by resort for no apparent reason. For example, 375ml of Vodka at St. Regis is $90USD ++ and at W Maldives (both Marriott Category 8) the same bottle is $49USD++.

When I was last in Maldives, in February, the impacts of COVID were starting to hit so they were running a number of drink specials (which seemed counter intuitive since the guests that were there still had no option but to buy from the resort).

You absolutely cannot bring your own alcohol to the Maldives, so if you want to enjoy some beverages be prepared to open the wallet!
Amex Business Platinum, Personal Platinum, Bonvoy, Aeroplan
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2985 posts
3186 upvotes
Ottawa
Good deal.

We went to The Maldives in 2016 for a late honeymoon. We opted to stay in a guesthouse on a local island, which afforded us the opportunity to get to know some locals, but that meant covering up completely while not at the designated beach, and no alcohol at all (which didn't bother us). But, we met locals and ate local, home cooked food, which was awesome.

We ended up paying close to this for that experience, but it included all meals. It was years ago, but I think it was something like $1k USD all-inclusive (total) for the 2 of us in February.

The islands of The Maldives are so spread out that one side of the country is in rainy season while the other is perfect weather. Be sure to double check the optimal season for this resort. Our island was dry for the week.

Keep in mind also that this is an exhausting and draining flight for a 1 week trip. We flew AC and Lufthansa from Calgary through Frankfurt on the way there, and through Frankfurt and Heathrow with a stop for the night in London on the way back. Those two legs were each 8 hours with several hours' layover, and the time change is something like 13 hours. And on The Maldives side, there's a wait and then either a sea plane or speed boat to get to your resort or island. 20-30 hours of travel and a 13 hour time shift each way.
Last edited by Dynatos on Jun 4th, 2020 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
3633 posts
1972 upvotes
Thornhill
Tempting.... but if it does go belly up, then im screwed! With thousands of my cash locked up with hotels and flifgts atm... ill take a pass on this one.
Feb 8, 2011
853 posts
318 upvotes
Toronto
RFD power! booked

How much do these water villas usually go for per night?

Also is there a real notable difference between the water and the garden villas? looks like they are in close proximity to each other....
Jun 28, 2006
285 posts
62 upvotes
Vaughan
Originally suppose to go to Jamaica this but, but obnoxiously due to COVID things were cancelled and the wifey was pretty bummed.

Maldives was always a bucket list place we wanted to go and a at this price bit the bullet for the water Villa.

Since the deal is fully refundable, really no risk at all!

Thanks OP!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)