Expired Hot Deals

[TravelZoo] Reethi Faru Resort in Maldives (Garden Villa $702.22 USD / Water Bungalow $1,316.87 USD)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2021 1:12 am
[OP]
Mar 5, 2011
90 posts
35 upvotes
Mississauga

[TravelZoo] Reethi Faru Resort in Maldives (Garden Villa $702.22 USD / Water Bungalow $1,316.87 USD)

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
November 25, 2020
Retailer:
TravelZoo
More offers from TravelZoo
Earlier this year Travelzoo had a few packages being sold to this resort: travelzoo-reethi-faru-resort-maldives-1 ... s-2380365/

It was a fully refundable voucher that could be redeemed before December 2022. They had 2 packages:

US$875 (approx C$1180) for 7 nights in a Garden Villa
US$1610 (approx C$2175) for 7 nights in a Water Villa

I ended up buying the Water Villa package for $1,610 and I remember it selling out fairly quickly.

Well today I was checking out TravelZoo and decided to jump on over to the Chinese version to see their deals, and I see the same resort and same packages being offered, only this time it's in RMB (Chinese currency)

If you translate the page, you'll see the prices for the packages:

>> Garden Villa package, about ¥665/night including tax (USD101/night) -> This works to out $706.22 USD for 7 nights
>> Over Water Villa package, about ¥1,240/night including tax(USD188/night) -> This works out to $1,316.87 USD for 7 nights

It appears that the way this works is by booking directly on the resort's website using a coupon code. You are instructed to choose the furthest date out possible, and then changing that date when you actually decide to fly:

https://www.simplebooking.it/ibe/hotelb ... pon=TZPM7N

Coupon code if you're booking 4-6 nights is TZPM4N
Coupon code for 7 nights + is TZPM7N

This works out to be significantly less than the original packages that many of us bought, and since they are refundable, I'm not sure if I'm missing something here or not or if I should refund my first one and book directly with the resort here.

But this deal ends November 25th.
26 replies
Jan 25, 2016
372 posts
410 upvotes
Toronto
I bought the Overwater villa package on the original deal. Ended up getting a refund, don’t think I’ll be able to travel that far next year.
Oct 11, 2016
506 posts
482 upvotes
Don't flights cost like 2k? Seems to really put a damper on this deal.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 28, 2005
6258 posts
327 upvotes
Scarborough
Thanks op I will read more in depth tomorrow to see if I should cancel the one I booked last time.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5203 posts
1479 upvotes
Toronto
betercallsaul wrote: Don't flights cost like 2k? Seems to really put a damper on this deal.
Cheapest I've seen out of YYZ is like $1700 with 2 or 3 stops...so unfortunately not a fun time to travel 50 hours for 7 nights, unfortunately. The Maldives is definitely a honeymoon type of location simply because of the associated costs and logistics
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro | CCM Ribcor Trigger 3D/Bauer Supreme 1S LE
'18 Union Flite Pro Red | Bauer Supreme 2S Gloves
'08 K2 T1 | CCM Super Tacks AS1
Jul 2, 2005
377 posts
57 upvotes
Scarborough
It offers the same perks as the earlier TZ offer, but does not say about 100% refund option.
Apr 28, 2010
372 posts
458 upvotes
Terrace
This is significantly better right?
You dont have to pre-pay. Your card is only charged 14 days before your arrival.

And I was able to find water villa (7 nights) for around $1100 USD lol.....in 2022
Sep 15, 2019
372 posts
1272 upvotes
High
heero78 wrote: This is significantly better right?
You dont have to pre-pay. Your card is only charged 14 days before your arrival.

And I was able to find water villa (7 nights) for around $1100 USD lol.....in 2022
The domestic seaplane cost is added on top, so it would be like $1360 USD for 7 nights. Idk is that a great deal?! Also, noticed that they don’t take Amex.
Sep 16, 2013
108 posts
118 upvotes
Calgary
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but for its coming up to $1754.16 which includes the domestic transfer for two (see attached screenshot).

The original TravelZoo deal for $1610 only included return transfer for one person. Looks like a transfer is worth $350. So the apples to apples comparision would be $1960 USD for original TravelZoo deal vs $1754 USD for this new offer.

There appears to be some savings here but not as significant as OP mentioned, but I very well could be wrong. Can someone check my math?
Capture1.JPG
Apr 28, 2010
372 posts
458 upvotes
Terrace
GuchSingh wrote: Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but for its coming up to $1754.16 which includes the domestic transfer for two (see attached screenshot).

The original TravelZoo deal for $1610 only included return transfer for one person. Looks like a transfer is worth $350. So the apples to apples comparision would be $1960 USD for original TravelZoo deal vs $1754 USD for this new offer.

There appears to be some savings here but not as significant as OP mentioned, but I very well could be wrong. Can someone check my math?

Capture1.JPG
I think you are right.
The fact that you dont have to pay in advance makes this deal better than the previous one (No AMEX though...kinda weird for a 5-star resort).
Jul 2, 2005
377 posts
57 upvotes
Scarborough
You may also lose out on the USD refund exchange rate.
Dec 2, 2013
393 posts
620 upvotes
clubbah wrote: Earlier this year Travelzoo had a few packages being sold to this resort: travelzoo-reethi-faru-resort-maldives-1 ... s-2380365/

It was a fully refundable voucher that could be redeemed before December 2022. They had 2 packages:

US$875 (approx C$1180) for 7 nights in a Garden Villa
US$1610 (approx C$2175) for 7 nights in a Water Villa

I ended up buying the Water Villa package for $1,610 and I remember it selling out fairly quickly.

Well today I was checking out TravelZoo and decided to jump on over to the Chinese version to see their deals, and I see the same resort and same packages being offered, only this time it's in RMB (Chinese currency)

If you translate the page, you'll see the prices for the packages:

>> Garden Villa package, about ¥665/night including tax (USD101/night) -> This works to out $706.22 USD for 7 nights
>> Over Water Villa package, about ¥1,240/night including tax(USD188/night) -> This works out to $1,316.87 USD for 7 nights

It appears that the way this works is by booking directly on the resort's website using a coupon code. You are instructed to choose the furthest date out possible, and then changing that date when you actually decide to fly:

https://www.simplebooking.it/ibe/hotelb ... pon=TZPM7N

Coupon code if you're booking 4-6 nights is TZPM4N
Coupon code for 7 nights + is TZPM7N

This works out to be significantly less than the original packages that many of us bought, and since they are refundable, I'm not sure if I'm missing something here or not or if I should refund my first one and book directly with the resort here.

But this deal ends November 25th.
I'm getting 1.7K US for 7-N overwater villa, how you came with 1.3K US ? Tried several dates.
Apr 28, 2010
372 posts
458 upvotes
Terrace
elideli wrote: I'm getting 1.7K US for 7-N overwater villa, how you came with 1.3K US ? Tried several dates.
Thats before the mandatory services and return trip fees.
Jul 2, 2005
377 posts
57 upvotes
Scarborough
Also, it is only mentioning the 14 days cancellation policy but nothing on changing the dates (you may have to pay the ongoing rates if/when you change). As the earlier one is based on voucher, dates can be changed.
My Aeroplan Visa card also has a 2021 expiry date :-).

Credit Card information is required in order to guarantee your reservation. Your credit card will be not charged until your arrival or departure or if the cancellation deadline has passed. Please be sure to insert a correct Credit Card Number. If has been transmitted an invalid expiration date and/or an invalid number the reservation is automatically cancelled without notice! Please check carefully that the expiration date is still valid in coincidence of the cancellation policy time.
Jul 8, 2019
337 posts
162 upvotes
Are Travelzoo deals restricted to the residents of the country they are offered in?
Mar 21, 2010
38 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver
betercallsaul wrote: Don't flights cost like 2k? Seems to really put a damper on this deal.
No. From YVR you can usually get there for $1000 max on a Chinese airline

I have been contemplating booking this. I stayed at the Reethi Faru when it opened and this is a better deal. What I suggest is reaching out directly to the hotel with your dates.

They can usually match. That deal I stayed years ago I found on travelzoo and went directly through the Reethi faru.
Apr 5, 2009
423 posts
901 upvotes
Vancouver
The website is weird. I put in dates that are showing as green in the calendar, then it says there are no rooms available those date, but the availability calendar still shows green for rooms on those dates.
May 5, 2007
803 posts
176 upvotes
North York
I booked the original deal but thinking of getting the refund as I don’t think we are all getting vaccine until late 2022 and travel is not going to normal internationally until 2023.

Plus the plane sea transfer and resort activities will more than double your costs. Especially for me with family of 5.

Honeymoon is different story.