Expired Hot Deals

TravelZoo

Reethi Faru Resort in Maldives (Garden Villa $702.22 USD / Water Bungalow $1,316.87 USD)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2022 2:34 pm
Aug 21, 2011
314 posts
422 upvotes
Montreal
Deal is dead it appears. Coupon shows no availability at any date.

Coupon:
2020-11-25_10-19-57.jpg
Without:
2020-11-25_10-22-48.jpg
Sep 14, 2018
322 posts
550 upvotes
I went to the maldives. My travel was this... YVR to South Korea...8 hour layover...south korea to sri lanka, 2 hour layover. Sri lanka to male... Then a float plane to the resort. Brutal travel but it's worth it to see it at least once in your lifetime. Thankfully south korea had a hotel inside the terminal which you could rent by the hour for about 15$ USD per hour. Being able to shower and sleep in a bed made the rest of the trip much easier
Dec 2, 2013
678 posts
1123 upvotes
raphou wrote: Deal is dead it appears. Coupon shows no availability at any date.

Coupon:
2020-11-25_10-19-57.jpg

Without:
2020-11-25_10-22-48.jpg
Yup seems like dead, I contacted the resort to see if they can honour the deal, I tried to book but the site sucks and had issues
Mar 21, 2010
223 posts
362 upvotes
Vancouver
If any of you go, I ask that you consider bringing indian snacks from your local indian grocer or Wal-mart for the staff as tips. The staff on this island are mostly Indian, and their staff canteen has exorbitant prices for their snacks. Basic things like Maggi noodles would make them so happy.

In speaking with the young staff, many spend their tips on buying things from the canteen, so you bringing it in for them would make them really happy.

Another tip to save money is bring a reusable water bottle. They refill your room water every day and at evening turndown. I also bought a bunch of water bottles at MLE and there was no liquid restriction.

Gosh I miss this place. I want to go back so badly. The food was great. The staff was great.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
1121 posts
491 upvotes
North York
So my predictions maybe a bit off but majority of the world will still not be vaccinated by 2022.

What are chances travel zoo goes bankrupt?

Anyone cancel?
Mar 21, 2010
223 posts
362 upvotes
Vancouver
I cancelled another one of the travelzoo trips I booked (regret not booking the Reethi Faru but I am on a tight budget for the next year). It was quick and easy. I just cancelled through their website and it was an auto refund. I got in credited to my card days later.
Apr 16, 2010
60 posts
19 upvotes
not sure if anyone is still interested but I have two of the water villa vouchers that I'm going to cancel. But please noted that they only have availability between June and October now. Other months are all booked
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
11263 posts
4634 upvotes
kalu0922 wrote: not sure if anyone is still interested but I have two of the water villa vouchers that I'm going to cancel. But please noted that they only have availability between June and October now. Other months are all booked
You still have these?
Apr 21, 2010
213 posts
103 upvotes
Ontario
GoBigOrGoHome wrote: If any of you go, I ask that you consider bringing indian snacks from your local indian grocer or Wal-mart for the staff as tips. The staff on this island are mostly Indian, and their staff canteen has exorbitant prices for their snacks. Basic things like Maggi noodles would make them so happy.

In speaking with the young staff, many spend their tips on buying things from the canteen, so you bringing it in for them would make them really happy.

Another tip to save money is bring a reusable water bottle. They refill your room water every day and at evening turndown. I also bought a bunch of water bottles at MLE and there was no liquid restriction.

Gosh I miss this place. I want to go back so badly. The food was great. The staff was great.
Can any one who went comment on the wifi (speed,lag, etc?). Or the cell reception? I know it’s silly but need to be connected for various reasons.
Mar 21, 2010
223 posts
362 upvotes
Vancouver
gdotdot wrote: Can any one who went comment on the wifi (speed,lag, etc?). Or the cell reception? I know it’s silly but need to be connected for various reasons.
Wifi is slow. If you need to connect for work, video chat, etc., buy a sim at Male airport or pay for roaming. If you forgot anything, get it at the airport. It will be cheaper. Better yet get it from the airport that you land at prior to male.
Apr 21, 2010
213 posts
103 upvotes
Ontario
GoBigOrGoHome wrote: Wifi is slow. If you need to connect for work, video chat, etc., buy a sim at Male airport or pay for roaming. If you forgot anything, get it at the airport. It will be cheaper. Better yet get it from the airport that you land at prior to male.
Thanks! And I guess cell reception/speeds were ok on the island?