SAii Lagoon Maldives - 5 Star Hilton - 7 nights from $1899 for two people

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2020 6:37 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1037 posts
423 upvotes
Mississauga
thephenom wrote: Anyone have any recommendations of where to connect flights? Looking for a stopover destination to spend an additional week or so in. Asia, Europe, etc.
Etihad Airways connects in Abu Dhabi, one-stop from Toronto to Male.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2004
3871 posts
557 upvotes
Toronto
pcbc168 wrote: Etihad Airways connects in Abu Dhabi, one-stop from Toronto to Male.
Will keep that in mind but likely looking for something a bit cheaper.
Apr 10, 2015
257 posts
427 upvotes
Toronto, ON
pcbc168 wrote: Etihad Airways connects in Abu Dhabi, one-stop from Toronto to Male.
Turkish Airlines also offers 1 stop from Toronto.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
6517 posts
5184 upvotes
This and Reethi Faru, which one is better on experience, food and attractions? I try to avoid running out places to go/visit/play, etc.
Amex Cobalt - MBNA RWE - Brim WE
Amex Platinum - Bonvoy Brilliant Amex - CIBC Aeroplan VIP
Feb 27, 2004
279 posts
219 upvotes
Badbrad wrote: Package deal includes travel health insurance?
Why would it include health insurance??? Do you normally book vacations that include health insurance? I have never seen that. If you need it, you would just purchase it on the side. I don’t think any company would waste money including that when most people have their own health insurance through work or whatnot.
Mar 5, 2016
240 posts
268 upvotes
YYC
Rethi faaru is seclusion and you are captive to the buffet or whatever food they are offering.

Hilton is going to bustling and close to Male to do other stuff.

Personally I dont want to be disturbed for a week, So reethi faaru water bungalow it is.. :)
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2005
1716 posts
519 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah, I bought the RF OW Villa deal and was considering to "upgrade" to this one instead, especially because I thought my Hilton Honors Diamond status would probably help out somehow. Did a bit of research and ultimately decided to keep my RF booking instead.

This island is man-made and is super close to Male so you don't get that super secluded feeling due to all the light pollution from the city nearby. Sand isn't the white powdery stuff that you'd expect from the Maldives, reviews mention jagged coral pieces in the beaches and some litter occasionally. Apparently, you can see some smoke coming from the nearby trash burning island (but fortunately, there is no smell). Also, no room upgrades nor any real perks for Hilton Honors Gold/Diamond, so that's another bummer.

I think this might be better for families due to all the extra facilities here, but wouldn't it be a better idea to visit Cancun or something if you're into that?
Oct 13, 2016
559 posts
685 upvotes
In a galaxy far far …
Gtabuddy wrote: Why would it include health insurance??? Do you normally book vacations that include health insurance? I have never seen that. If you need it, you would just purchase it on the side. I don’t think any company would waste money including that when most people have their own health insurance through work or whatnot.
Glad folks found a great deal on a vacay to the Maldives. Since COVID19 is excluded from your travel insurance there is an important gap in your coverage. Perhaps someone knows what travel insurance will get you home from the Maldives these days if you have complications and you do need medivac on a Maldives twin otter https://www.reddit.com/r/HeavySeas/comm ... dium=web2x